State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Found 9,479 reviews matching the search See all 9,621 reviews
Wouldn't do it
Sales and Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 18, 2019
At first I thought this opportunity was going to be great. I was a community college student who was just looking for a chance to gain some experience in the Marketing field. When I got hired as an intern for the local State Farm agency I was really excited and it was great until I started to notice some of the agents sketchy practices. Long story short, great learning opportunity and I wouldn't go back if I got paid a 6 figure salary
Great and Fast Paced Place to Work
Agent Team Member (Current Employee) –  ColoradoMay 18, 2019
If you enjoy getting to know members of your community this is the place to work! You work with diverse people and get to know community members on a personal level. I highly recommend working here!
high volume,stressful at times
Catastrophe Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMay 17, 2019
I worked for State farm insurance for 26 years that should say something. I worked with people that were 35 year employees .How many companies have employee that stay that many years.
Pros
travel and money while on storm
Cons
being areas that desvasted from storms like hurricanes
It is a rewarding career But you seriously will have to put the work in
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILMay 16, 2019
Developed and worked new leads; scheduled appointments
Maximized company profits by selling auto, fire, life, health, and financial service products.
Conducted life & health insurance seminars for prospecting potential clients.
Provided customer retention to identify customer needs, and close the sale. Thats just the tip of the of iceburg . Be prepared to have this be your primary focus because if not you will not reep the benefits that come with your unsolicited time
Pros
help your community
Cons
you eat, sleep, breath insurance
Stressful environment
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 16, 2019
Stressful environment with lack of benefits and compensation. The better you are the less time you have to work there due to management not wanting to pay you.
Pros
Cons
Benefits, security
Good Neighbor
Senior Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJMay 16, 2019
Talk to your your local agent and see what he or she can do for you.
I haven't worked there in twenty years so I can't address what the environment is like today.
not a lot of clear direction in job duties.
Senior UX Designer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMay 16, 2019
State Farm is not organized very well and doesn't do much to get you working on important tasks. Management doesn't really seem aware of what is going on or who is responsible for what duties.
Pros
pays well.
The want everything
AUTO CLAIMS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAMay 15, 2019
This company is not focused on work life balance and basically view everyone as a number. There’s no support and the benefits aren’t great. You have mandatory 10 hour shifts which leaves no room to be a parent or wife.
Workplace Assessment
Auto Claim Specialist, Complex Property (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMay 15, 2019
The training is lacking and the positions are stressful. The emphasis has become meeting metrics and not the customers who support us with the purchase of their policies. More emphasis and basic customer service needs to be highlighted again like it was in the past.
Benefits
Cons
Stress levels
Great pay but horrible management.
Claims Adjuster: Total loss (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 15, 2019
Great benefits, pay, and location but the management was so bad that I had to leave. Contacted HR a couple of times but they didn't help either. A co-worker of mine, who helped me alot more than my own manager, worked for statefarm for over 15 years (agency and call center combined) had to quit as well due to poor management. It is sad that this company has so much potential but due to poor management alot of people are leaving.
Pros
nice location
Productive and fast paced
Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 15, 2019
Loved working the fast paced environment and taking care of our customers when in need and vulnerable, while problem solving, looking up state laws and scheduling appointments for rentals, auto body work and tows.
Pros
Pay was good and Benefits
Cons
Schedules and work teams always changing
Great office environment
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKMay 15, 2019
State Farm introduced a new salesforce platform software, but failed to train the field personnel. Field offices were left to train without any direction, but were supplied training videos. With busy office activity, time was not allotted for training purposes. Many Agents continue to struggle with the software! Being a State Farm client, I called for a quote, but my Agent had problems with the software!
Pros
Flexible work environment
Cons
Low pay, absent Office Manager. Ultimate decisionmaker is never available
Good place to work if you're procficient in customer service and can navigate complex computer programs.
Auto Initial Loss Reporting (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 15, 2019
A typical day at work starts with clocking in, starting up your computer, opening all the appropriate pages and jumping on the phones to take initial loss reports. There are two 15 minutes breaks and a 45 minute lunch throughout the workday. You work in a cubicle.

Management will push you to succeed during coaching sessions. However, the coaching sessions are few and far between.

The culture is comfortable with many people willing to help you with any questions or difficult situations.

The most difficult part of the job is being able to navigate the company's internal systems while being on the phone with people who've been in an accident. The systems fail often, making the job stressful. There's a lot of responsibility as mistakes can have a great effect on the customers calling.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to actually help customers with their situations.

The reason the job doesn't work for me is because I feel confined to my desk. There's a lot of anxiety before each call as every call is going to be different. One call could be really simple and only take 15 to 20 minutes, while the next call can take far longer due to the complexity of the accident that the customer was in.

Scheduling is based off of job performance, which includes the people who'd just started the job, making it unfair in the beginning. As a husband and father, this made the home and work life unbalanced.
Pros
decent pay, nice work enviroment, supportive team
Cons
confined to a desk, high anxiety, unbalanced work and home life
Well rounded work environment.
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2019
While working at State Farm, it was a very fun place to work at depending on the agent you work for. Great pay and commission bonus was great to have for extra cash.
Pros
Great Place
Cons
Good job for those who like being held down
Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMay 15, 2019
If you want to stay in the same area and make a decent enough living, then this would be the job for you. Your success all depends on the agent you work for and how many team members you compete against for the business.
All on you
Agent (Current Employee) –  Acworth, GAMay 14, 2019
As a agent, you are 100% responsible for everything. Even leading up to what employees do. All successful agents learn to delegate, unfortunately that can be turned on you by the company.
Pros
Name brand
Cons
lack of support, 100% on agent
Great expereince.
Contact Agent (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 14, 2019
Great company for my 1st assignment in insurance. Kind and friendly staff. everyone was knowledgeable and willing to help the new comers. Would be willing to go back if the opportunity presented itself.
Worst company ever
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 14, 2019
Massive turnover and subscriber losses. Need I say more? Everything bad about call center work was manifest. As shutdown looked massive back stabbings ensued.
Pros
Elevators worked and Paid parking
Cons
Bad management with the worst aspects of data driven call center.
Great Benefits
Claim Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 14, 2019
Best place to work for benefits. They practically offer everything. They strive for a great onboarding. Nice building. Mothers room for nursing moms to pump.
Benefits
Cons
Flexibility
Very quiet workplace
Underwriting Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMay 14, 2019
Nice and quiet building to work in, very fast paced and deadlines have to be completed on time. Manager was very harsh and not understanding of what was involved in our role to complete their deadlines
Pros
Monday - Friday 7am to 4pm hours
Cons
Management could do better

53.5K
42.7K
32K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company.

Powered by Comparably