State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Found 9,384 reviews matching the search See all 9,533 reviews
Bad Culture, Life Insurance or Die
Sales (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 17, 2019
Culture is lost and agency is a cutthroat environment. Really wish State Farm would reward P&C more than life but it is what it is when your home insurance rates are so high.
good
Claim specialist (Current Employee) –  FLApril 17, 2019
Overall a good place to start out, great if you are in a Hub. Otherwise not much advancement opportunity. There is alot of change right now in the company.
Great Company
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAApril 17, 2019
This is an awsome company to work for. It comea with great opportunity as long as you are willing to put forth the effort. Its hard eork but totally gratifying.
Good team
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Redford MIApril 17, 2019
I'm not a salesman. It was a good office with good culture, but the type of work was not for me. I don't like reaching out to my friends for sales, but my co workers strongly advised it.
Pros
Flexibility in office
Cons
Chasing sales
No longer a family
Technology Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILApril 17, 2019
Culture has changed dramatically in the past 20 years. Multiple restructurings and layoffs, this company now has too few people to get the job of automating tasks done. Desiring to be a top competitor, shedding workers before our internal technology was developed has set this company behind our competitors. Doing more with less only works when the CEO pays attention to timelines and reality, rather than $$$ from the management incentive program.
Pros
Decent salary
Cons
Noise, arbitrary decisions
Office Representative
Office Representative (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 17, 2019
Diversity and inclusion is central to everything we do. It’s evident in every relationship we have – within the workplace where all associates are treated with respect and dignity, across the marketplace by how we interact with our customers and suppliers, and in the community through charitable giving and community service.

Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in how we value relationships, how we conduct business, and how we lead our organization.
Productive and Relaxed atmosphere
UNDERWRITING SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 16, 2019
A typical day at work was spent on the phones helping agents and their employees figure out where their policy change requests were at in the process of being changed. Every now and again an insured would get through to the department I was in and would ask for an update on the changes they had requested on their policy. There were days were it was back to back calls, but the day did go by fast.
Good
Insurance Risk Advisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2019
Could be better if they changed some things around. More salary based with bonuses based on performance rather than who the owner liked more. Better pay would be nice too.
They let everyone go in the Houston area
CLAIMS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TX 77478April 16, 2019
Company had too many re-organizations, lots of favoritism, but at the end everyone lost their job. Work was boring same ole same ole. Close to home.
State Farm is a good place to work.
Customer Care Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 16, 2019
State Farm should have more employee interaction events and activities for the employees. Working at State Farm feels too robotic. It's really not a fun place to work, but the benefits are great. There should also be a few more breaks during the 10 hour work day due to the number of calls you take on any given day.
Pros
45 minute lunch break, 15 minute breather before getting on the phones, great health benefits and 401K
Cons
Not enough breaks off the phones, back to back to back phone calls all day long
Great Company to Work for
Commercial Fire Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 16, 2019
I enjoyed working here, this job has helped me grow my career in the Insurance Arena. I was able to attend college full-time and get promoted while I was there once I obtained my degree.
Company was very fast past
Claims Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 16, 2019
I enjoyed the staff that I worked with, but the pay was not the best. The company worked many claims and some Saturdays was a mandatory schedule.

They did serve us free food on long days.
Tries to be a fun place to work
claims associate working property damage claims (Former Employee) –  richardson txApril 16, 2019
Your time is very structured. Claims associates do multiple assigned tasks during the day. The job is results oriented and the claim associate is timed. Calls are listened to by other employees. The culture is a team culture with the team trying to meet certain assigned goals each day. The atmosphere can only be described as military. I learned that a minute counts. Arrive on time, do not miss work under any circumstance, do not work longer than your assigned shift. Take breaks as assigned.
Pros
It is a job you can forget once you leave the campus.
Cons
Stressful trying to always be perfect.
Great customers stressful work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLApril 15, 2019
I was a full time student while working here, and it became very stressful to constantly meet weekly sales quotas, while juggling school. A typical day started with checking emails, work meeting, and then straight to our designated tasks. The hardest part became meeting the quotas. It was difficult to obtain new customers. A lot of customers became frustrated because of the rates and left. The prices and rules State Farm has is very conservative.
Fun and Friendly Work Environment
Insurance Agent Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, ILApril 15, 2019
It was very relaxed and I was able to work at my own pace. They were very flexible and worked around my schedule. I loved how friendly and welcoming everyone was from the start to the end of my job here.
Marketing Internship
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNApril 15, 2019
I had a marketing internship with State Farm. It was good experience, cold calling and onsite marketing. The Agent I worked with was fantastic, really got me bought into the State Farm culture.
Family came second
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 15, 2019
Family was not a priority. They expect you to come in no matter if you have an emergency situation or now. No paid time off. No benefits. No work/personal life balance.
Enjoyable employment except near the end
Fire Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAApril 15, 2019
Very difficult job once the company announced the office would be closing. Many employees moved or left leaving the remaining employees behind with a very large work load.
good learning environment
insurance producer (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIApril 15, 2019
The culture depends on the agent. Also how many people work in the branch. How many service hours do sales agents complete daily? This will determine how many hours you have to sell and earn.
Horrible, horrible and horrible
RELEASE IMPLEMENTATION COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 15, 2019
An absolute joke of a company. They would expect 12 hour days as you were not allowed to take your laptop home with you. On my first day there in December of 2015, no one knew I was coming, thus it was a complete waste of time. I sat there for a week while everyone else was on Christmas vacation. I finally escalated the issue and another Release Lead was assigned to me and he developed a a Introduction Plan to take me thru the different areas of my work day. I worked with him off and on for 5 weeks. There was NO steady flow. It was all start and stop.
Pros
Cons
lousy pay and horrible working conditions

53.5K
42.7K
32K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company.

Powered by Comparably