State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Found 9,394 reviews matching the search See all 9,535 reviews
Great learning experience
OFFICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILApril 19, 2019
Learned a lot about the professional culture. Helped me become a reliable employee that is eager to help others. The boss truly cares for you and will help you grow as an individual and a professional.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great boss
Not understanding
Office Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 18, 2019
Im not interested in reviewing my current employment. There are too many different departments and offices for my review to be accurate. Refer to the star rating
All depends on your manager
UX Designer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2019
I’ve had some good years under a great manager. It’s amazing how team dynamics can change with leadership. Now there’s a constant anxiety and fear, the term “pressure cooker” used often.
Love it or leave it
Licensed Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 18, 2019
The best part of working for State Farm is the family atmosphere and learning something new every day. The employees help each other and find reasons to celebrate. Conversely, upper management made a decision to consolidate the work streams and our responsibilities doubled....without any added compensation. Morale changed dramatically and there is a sense of feeling used.....a take it or leave it environment.
Solid Employer
INSURANCE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2019
Besides work politics great place to work and good benefits including a pension, which most companies no longer offer. The rules and regulations can be strict and unyielding.
family environment
Multi-Line Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAApril 18, 2019
good to work if you're really wanting to get into the insurance biz and if you don't mind calling & being on the phone all day or bringing your work home.
Pros
ok to work
Cons
no work life balance
Relocation
Payment Specialist; Subrogation, Auto Claims (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILApril 18, 2019
I enjoyed working for State Farm in the earlier years. Then management decided to relocate many of the positions to other locations.

My job had choice of relocation to keep my job or look for something else. Very stressful.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Cliques
Was a great place to work long ago
Property/Casualty Underwriting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHApril 18, 2019
I feel so sorry for the poor folks that work there now.
I know they are all just hoping to make it to retirement without getting fired for accruing too many 'points' for being late from lunch or
going to the bathroom or whatever. My gosh...I can't imagine working in such abysmal conditions.

When I worked there it was bad enough, most of us in our department were on anti anxiety medication and anti depressants just to get through. Those that worked hard were rewarded with more work. Those that didn't, just seemed to get away with it. White males and minorities seemed to fare the best. It was very strange.

If this is indeed the 'way of the future', no thanks. This culture of watching your every move, measuring your every keystroke is so very 'Handmaid's Tale'.
Could be better
Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 18, 2019
My years with State Farm were very beneficial to learning how to effectively run a business as well growing in a competitive environment. However, the job itself is very competitive and stressful. Since State Farm is normally not the lowest insurance company cost wise, it did make it difficult to make sales when the quote we were offering was 50 to 100 more a month on a car policy. The brand however, is definitely worth the normally increased premium. State Farm is number 1 in Auto and Home for a reason. The position as agent is extremely stressful as your first year is the only thing guaranteed. Otherwise the opportunity for growth and advancement I feel are unlimited.
Pros
Easy schedule to work with, great pay, great beneifts
Cons
Stressful work environment, High rates, Highly Competitive
Great Opportunity
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 18, 2019
The management is supportive in making sure you obtain any goals you set yourself - the sky is the limit! They always had multiple opportunities to move up and learn more.
Bad Culture, Life Insurance or Die
Sales (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 17, 2019
Culture is lost and agency is a cutthroat environment. Really wish State Farm would reward P&C more than life but it is what it is when your home insurance rates are so high.
good
Claim specialist (Current Employee) –  FLApril 17, 2019
Overall a good place to start out, great if you are in a Hub. Otherwise not much advancement opportunity. There is alot of change right now in the company.
Great Company
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAApril 17, 2019
This is an awsome company to work for. It comea with great opportunity as long as you are willing to put forth the effort. Its hard eork but totally gratifying.
Good team
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Redford MIApril 17, 2019
I'm not a salesman. It was a good office with good culture, but the type of work was not for me. I don't like reaching out to my friends for sales, but my co workers strongly advised it.
Pros
Flexibility in office
Cons
Chasing sales
No longer a family
Technology Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILApril 17, 2019
Culture has changed dramatically in the past 20 years. Multiple restructurings and layoffs, this company now has too few people to get the job of automating tasks done. Desiring to be a top competitor, shedding workers before our internal technology was developed has set this company behind our competitors. Doing more with less only works when the CEO pays attention to timelines and reality, rather than $$$ from the management incentive program.
Pros
Decent salary
Cons
Noise, arbitrary decisions
Office Representative
Office Representative (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 17, 2019
Diversity and inclusion is central to everything we do. It’s evident in every relationship we have – within the workplace where all associates are treated with respect and dignity, across the marketplace by how we interact with our customers and suppliers, and in the community through charitable giving and community service.

Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in how we value relationships, how we conduct business, and how we lead our organization.
Productive and Relaxed atmosphere
UNDERWRITING SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 16, 2019
A typical day at work was spent on the phones helping agents and their employees figure out where their policy change requests were at in the process of being changed. Every now and again an insured would get through to the department I was in and would ask for an update on the changes they had requested on their policy. There were days were it was back to back calls, but the day did go by fast.
Good
Insurance Risk Advisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2019
Could be better if they changed some things around. More salary based with bonuses based on performance rather than who the owner liked more. Better pay would be nice too.
They let everyone go in the Houston area
CLAIMS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TX 77478April 16, 2019
Company had too many re-organizations, lots of favoritism, but at the end everyone lost their job. Work was boring same ole same ole. Close to home.
State Farm is a good place to work.
Customer Care Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 16, 2019
State Farm should have more employee interaction events and activities for the employees. Working at State Farm feels too robotic. It's really not a fun place to work, but the benefits are great. There should also be a few more breaks during the 10 hour work day due to the number of calls you take on any given day.
Pros
45 minute lunch break, 15 minute breather before getting on the phones, great health benefits and 401K
Cons
Not enough breaks off the phones, back to back to back phone calls all day long

53.5K
42.7K
32K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company.

Powered by Comparably