State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Found 375 reviews matching the search See all 8,635 reviews
Productive place to work; constantly busy.
Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2018
I enjoyed working the 15 months with the Atlanta Hub location; However, I have reapplied with them and several other locations and nothing not even an Interview; I was a good worker in my department first to arrive and last to leave; I went beyond Remarkable toward Customers in giving my all; I would love to be rehired in the Fire Department where my Friend is an Associate and a Board Member; she is familiar with my work and my Character. My day would start with the answering of phone to assist customers who had recent accident; I would get help speedily to them, road service, renter, set up repair if vehicle was not total, investigated to see who was at liable for the accident; brought claim to resolution; paid out claim. I would do other tasks that included mail, calling Customers, faxing, copying material needed to speed process of claim. I really did enjoy my job. My hardest part of the job was been value and view by my Manager as a skilled worker.
Pros
free prizes and rewards offered to employee, education advancement.
Cons
short lunch, reduced from one hour to 45 minutes.
intermediate working place
Office Manager/Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2018
100 calls a day 8 quotes and 2 sales needed for every day - monday to friday- could take your work home on the weekends to attempt at making more commission
Pros
friendly place
Cons
lack of management
n/a
Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2018
the company has changed since I was last there. when i got there it was laid back and the mangers really wanted to see you advance and do well. Now they micromanage and want to put more work on your plate with no pay.
It is what you make of it
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2018
I have learned a lot working at State Farm, mainly how I would be if I was in a supervisory role. The job culture is great, work/life balance is horrible, you do not get discounts if you are a State Farm customer, management needs to be retrained in the Claims process, they will tell you that it is easy to advance but no matter how hard you try, no matter how "green" your board looks - it is not easy to advance. The environment is competitive, unstable and there are so many people who take leave of absences due to stress, it is ridiculous! The pay was good and the benefits were good too - but I chose happiness over my paycheck and health as well.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, unlimited PTO
Cons
management, advancing is hard
I do not wish to participate in this survey
CCC Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 25, 2018
I do not wish to participate in this survey. I do not feel this arena is appropriate to inquire to ones experience in an environment. It is my professional opinion that being forced to provide an ambiguous opinion should not be part of this process.
Good Company
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 25, 2018
SF was a good company to work for before changes. The work-life balance became a problem for me. The benefits package is what kept me with them for almost 20 years.
Benefits
Cons
Work-life balance
Not to the place to work if you have children
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 24, 2018
I was excited to be a part of this company when first hired. It has gotten so bad my mental health is declining. Under constant stress and threat of loss your job over metrics. Emergency situation aren't allowed and you will be penalized if you have them.There NO exceptions. The constant micromanage is stressful. Who needs that everyday?
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
Zero work life balance
fast-paced
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 22, 2018
in proper environment financially. follows a corporate regime. Mistakes are not forgivable. the ECS system is user friendly. would work for SF as a staffer if not independent.
Good benefits low pay
Independent Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA and PhoenixOctober 10, 2018
I worked as a contractor which was much better than working as staff. Staff employees would always complain about the low pay. They start you off with a pension but have to do a ton of overtime to make up decent salary.
Great
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 2, 2018
Great company to work for. The co-workers are awesome, the training is self-sufficient and team leads handle the teams really well....................

Want to know more about State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company?

Ask a question
Auto Express Liability Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2018
I appreciate the opportunities presented to me at State Farm over the course of my 5 years with them. The benefits package included a pension which I loved.
Productive and fulfilling
Initial Loss Reporting and Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2018
Busy, friendly and caring environment. Take every day one day at a time. Be courteous, respectful of others , considerate.
One must be flexible to an ever changing environment
The only constant on the job was change, being able to adapt
The hardest part of the job was hearing from customers of the great lost that they have experienced.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you were able to make a difference, a positive change to someone's life/day.
Great Place to work
CCC Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 25, 2018
Was sad to leave for personal reasons but I left on good terms. Great pay, great company and great people to work with. Typical day, go to work, have meeting with team about goals and how well we are doing or how we can improve.Then to the phone to assist clients, break, work, then break, then work then dinner/lunch, work then home. I loved the desk they have you can stand and the desk will move to your height or sit.
Needs work
Claim Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2018
New CEO changed everything that was good about this company. He took upfront PTO, no PSL, terrible attendance policy, low pay. Morale was DESTROYED and everyone is seeking new employment opportunities.
Pros
Reputable company
Cons
Employees treated as expendable objects but told they are commodities.
Good environment
Customer Service/Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2018
It is fast paced wtih incoming calls on after the other. Good guides and scripts that provide small window for error. Training was thorough and interactive.
Pros
Good healthy work environment
Cons
short breaks
Stress, Stress and more Stress
Claim Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2018
SF has become a company more concerned with meeting unrealistic metrics then efficient handling of claims. They have installed call center practices in non- call center roles, such as claim adjusters. They monitor length of calls when, in handling claims can often be very lengthy. They want you to complete processing of claims within a certain time frame, again depending on the circumstances, this is unattainable, especially during times such as now when losses/claims are abundant.
In working for them, just be ready for your stress level to escalate. If overtime is provided, you will likely need to work, not because you want to, but just to feel as if you are accomplishing anything. Don't be surprised if most of your co-workers have been approved for FMLA.

I will admit that the benefits are pretty good. The compensations is sub-par and in no way reflects the cost of living in a major city nor does it compare to other insurance companies.
Benefits
Cons
Slow to adjust to industry changes; STRESSFUL; Heavy workloads
Good company in the mist of a lot of change
Customer Service to Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2018
State Farm is a good company that's in transition and loosing a lot of experienced workers due to the lack of advancement and poor salary.
The company is moving in the right direction.
Cons
Lack of advancement and poor salary
Dale Massey Agency is a great family oriented place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2018
Dale Massey Agency has been a great place to work. It afforded me the opportunity to obtain my Nursing Degree while working It provides a family type atmosphere that promotes a sense of caring.
Good culture
Claim Adjuster, Bank Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, AtlantaSeptember 18, 2018
The culture of State Farm was considered great while beginning the job. But after a couple of years of employment, the morale was seen to be low. The management does not care for the employees. I worked for State Farm bank and they laid off the employees in the city of Atlanta.
Now here is the truth...
Claim Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2018
State Farm as a whole offers wonderful benefits. State Farm is a stepping stone for someone who wants to start a career in insurance. My advice is learn all you can learn and then run for the hills and never look back. The environment is toxic and draining. You are trained to be a robot and to be honest the environment is similar to a plantation. If you want to be micro managed and told when you can eat, speak and use the restroom then this may be the place for you. I left the company due to the culture, lack of diversity and low pay. Now if you need a temporary job to get on your feet then by all means apply but State Farm is definitely not what it use to be. Just be expected to just be an employee or considered a number to sit on the phone all day and repeat the same thing over and over versus being a valued employee. You would also be put on a point system and you have to actually clock in and out for breaks.
Benefits
Cons
Micro manage, low pay, toxic work environment, lack of diversity and unprofessional environment

53.2K
42.5K
31.8K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

73%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

58%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss