State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews in Bakersfield, CA

Found 59 reviews matching the search See all 9,781 reviews
Work/Life
BILINGUAL CLAIM SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 3, 2019
The compensation is competitive but itś expected to sacrifice your home life. The workload isn´t manageable and stressful. Work performance is based on statistics.
A good company to work for, unfriendly atmosphere
Underwriting Associate (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 1, 2018
It was a pleasant experience working for the company. The job was very repetitive and was stressful when the workload was heavy. I didn't like only doing one task all day long.
Enjoyed working with co-workers the most. Great environment
Data Text Operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 24, 2018
Enjoyed working for the company, and loved the people I worked with. My co-workers were like family to me. Culture was fast-paced, competitive, but relaxing at times. There were a few challenges along the way, but worked through them with my team.
good team
Senior Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 9, 2018
appreciated my immediate supervisors and team members. Had a generous tuition reimbursement program. Good employees throughout local office. Were very sorry when our local office closed down departments and is in process of moving out of the area.
Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 7, 2018
no review at the time i wasn't even planning on rating this job but for some reason it doesn't allow me to continue without rating it so here goes nothing.
See below
Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 29, 2018
I had a very good career at State Farm. I worked there for 20 years. The company underwent an enterprise wide reorganization and my job was moved to locations outside of California.
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 11, 2018
Employees are over worked and understaffed. Management views your every move under a microscope and tends to micromanage you. The Job would be manageable if the company provided enough staffing for the amount of work they expect to be completed.
Good company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 26, 2018
The company has been around for many years. Had a chance to develop my insurance knowledge, and develop other desirable skills. Enjoyed working with many of the people.
Company has gone downhill in past 3 to 4 years
Claim Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 25, 2018
Since the new CEO took over the company it has really become a terrible place to work.

Employees who have worked for the company for 5 or more years were provided with paid vacation days and paid sick leave. The company has now converted to paid time off which is incurred based on time worked. Also employees are on strict schedules that makes it difficult to even get up and go to the restroom if it is needed.

Since the company has decided to close all of the offices and go to 3 main hubs they have started "letting go" of most of their seasoned employees for any possible reason they can find. Since some states are considered "at will" the company doesn't really need a reason to let them go.
Pros
Good Medical benefits
Cons
Horrible management
Always wondering when our job was going to end.
Workers' Compensation Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 6, 2018
The job security in the last few years went down. My job was out- sourced by Sedgwick. Too many lay offs to feel secure within the enterprise. Eager to find something new that will I will feel value in working for a better company.
Pros
Salary
Cons
no job security
Does not care about their employees
Claim specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 1, 2018
This company was very inconsistent with their goals and wants of their employees they are only number driven and do not focus on the needs of the customer as they claim
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Lack of care for employees and unrealistic expectations
Not happy
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 23, 2018
Lack of compassion from management, promised positions never happen, favoritism, rude, full of lies, not a good place to work so i moved on to bigger and better opportunities.
State Farm
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 18, 2018
State Farm has been a good place to learn and grow as much as possible locally. I am looking for a new profession that will allow me to grow and stay local.
Great Starter Company
CONTRACT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 6, 2018
I was on the operations side of SF and it was difficult to advance unless you were willing to become an agent. Also, the company always had threats of closing or relocating to a major city.
Overall, I have loved my time at State Farm
Data Text Operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 4, 2018
Unfortunately, the company is relocating to accommodate the 24hour customer needs and the employees are suffering because of it. Offices are being closed and relocated in many different areas of the United States causing great employees with lots of experience to either retire early, or leave the company altogether. It is not the company it used to be, but they still offer a lot more benefits than most companies.
Nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 3, 2018
State Farm was one of my best careers, unfortunately I had to leave and relocate for personal reasons. But I loved working for Auto Claims. they kept is very fun and professional while doing work for customers.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Would not recommend this company
Workers' Compensation Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 8, 2017
I worked for State Farm for five years in Bakersfield, CA.
I was a claims rep and supervisor in Auto, eventually moved into Workers Comp for California.
As a supervisor I was working from 7am-7pm Monday-Saturday and sometimes Sundays. The amount of stress the company puts on you is insane especially for the pay. Once in Workers Comp things were even more terrible, having over double the approved amount of work load there was absolutely no chance of the time off promised.
Nothing Much to say
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 7, 2017
A terrible company to work for. Very stressful and micromanaged at a level I didn't think existed. Lots of politics and abuse of the new metric system used to determine productivity.
Pros
Fair Pay
Cons
Micromanaged by monkeys
Not what it used to be
Auto Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 5, 2017
Unfortunately with the change of CEO, the once family oriented atmosphere that everyone loved is now gone. The overall direction of the company has changed to numbers driven which in my opinion has taken the company downhill. They have lost number very driven, professional and experienced people. You are left with a company full of inexperienced people with a high turnover rate.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
You're just a number!
Great work environment
Underwriting Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 26, 2017
A great place. I worked for State Farm Insurance for 30 years. I retired after 30 years with much success and happiness..
The company offers flexible hours to help with family needs. Great benefits and compensation.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
required overtime hours

53.5K
42.8K
32.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company.

Powered by Comparably