State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews in Bloomington, IL

Found 497 reviews matching the search See all 8,260 reviews
Was a great place to work/thrive.
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 19, 2018
New leadership taking company in new and different direction--results of this new direction will take years to determine. The company culture is changing--again, may take some time to determine the positive/negative impact.
Business Analyst
Business Project Manager/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 18, 2018
A business analyst is someone who analyzes an organization or business domain and documents its business or processes or systems, assessing the business model or its integration with technology.
I was with the company a long time...I enjoyed State Farm Park and the dedicated employees.
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 11, 2018
I enjoyed my job but recently they have begun downsizing. Several employee that have been with the company for a long time and were very dedicated lost their jobs due to downsizing. This made the employees very nervous and concerned that they could be among the next cuts. This made the job very stressful.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
stressful
State Farm in a state of change
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 9, 2018
State Farm is deep in an ongoing process of re-organizing, cutting costs, and becoming more efficient. The company has shifted from the "family" style culture to looking pretty much like any call center or other high volume operation. There is a state of confusion as cuts in employment, building closures, and operational changes appear to be happening at random and poorly executed. It can be a confusing place to navigate as goals, priorities, direction, and leadership is in an ongoing state of flux and change.
Pros
Long history, strong financial status
Cons
poor operational leadership, confusing goals, and many recent lay-offs and office closures
Best Workplace Ever
Total Loss Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 7, 2018
A normal day is busy but you can take you time. Your supervisors really have your back and understand that you do your best. The training is long but very informative. I loved my job there and all the new people I got to meet. The attire is pretty laid back and your teammates are DEFINITELY working to help you and make sure that you understand.

Hardest part of the job is understanding how the states are zoned and what requirements are for each one.

The most enjoyable part is that SF spares no limits on its employees, there is a cook in the kitchen, bonuses, raises, vacation time, and work from home options. Best place I have every worked.
Pros
Having such a strong commitment to its employees
Good ot work
Senior SharePoint Developer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 5, 2018
Happy working with State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company. I learnt multiple things working with State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and it help me in growing in my carrier
N/a
Test Analyst/Test Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 29, 2018
Good place to work. Nice activities for the employees. State Farm is a big company with lots of employees. They have a very nice park for the employees.
Terrible Environment
Director (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, IllinoisAugust 27, 2018
Very stressful environment and you are treated like a number not a person. They only care about making money and not about people anymore. They are in the process of cutting the workforce in just about every department.
Was not prepared for my position
CCC Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 21, 2018
Typical day is sitting at your cubicle with a headset on taking calls, sometimes nonstop. Our scope keeps widening, but our benefits are not increased. It's a glorified secretarial position. They tell you you'll be making a bunch of sales and commission will be great, but in reality, 90% of the calls you take are not sales related. Your training will not leave you feeling prepared and it kind of throws you to the sharks. I have become more and more anxious since taking this job, which is very uncharacteristic for me. You are constantly tracked and monitored to the minute. I am a customer and big fan of State Farm, but I wish I could have gotten into the company with a different position.
Pros
Salary and commission
Great Experience
Corporate Law Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 19, 2018
State Farm is a great company to work for. The company has a saying "State Farm nice" because everyone in the company is generally nice and supportive.

Want to know more about State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company?

Ask a question
Changing with the times.
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 16, 2018
State Farm is a good company with decent benefits. They are working and changing with the times to make their environment, salaries, and benefits more appealing to the millennial generation to be more competitive in the job market for those under 30. However, for older generations, the pay scale and employee appreciation is not what it should be or needs to be to maintain the loyalty of any long-term workforce.
Good
SQL Server Developer/DBA (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 15, 2018
A good place to work with supportive colleagues and good management. The company pays well and lets you have fun at work. When you feel bored, you can just hang out with your manager.
Used to be a great place to work
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 15, 2018
Great place to work for the last 19 years, but with all of the new changes, there isn't a good work/life balance. Pay is decent and benefits are good, with PTO and health insurance.
Pros
Fair pay, Pto
Cons
No longer offering a good work/life balance
Good Place to Intern
project lead (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 14, 2018
State Farm provides a very good opportunity to learn on the job as an intern. They have a very good program set up during the summer to get you involved with other interns.
Overall,a good company to work for with good benefits and job security.
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 14, 2018
State Farm has a history of being a good place to work with good benefits, pension, and decent job security. They do their best to be open to any kind of person. However, lately the culture has changed somewhat. In the past it felt like we were all one big family with the same goals in mind. But recently, the company has begun to be more like any other big corporation and job security has definitely decreased. The focus seems to be all the bottom line.
Pros
Good benefits, pension, 401k.
Cons
Unclear goals at times and ever-changing environments.
great place to work
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 9, 2018
A day at work i would work on fraud detection and hardship for customer, i would also do the bankruptcy information. the workplace was a nice place to work and everyone was friendly. I hard part of my job was when i had to check and see if the customer was deceased. I loved helping when i could.
Pros
great work place and long lunches
Cons
no benefits from statefarm
Hated it
UNDERWRITING SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 7, 2018
Hated working there. Management was not receptive accusations every where and the people who actually worked are the ones who arent there now. They pick people who are in cliches.
Pros
Cons
Everything including management
Many Opportunites
Systems Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 6, 2018
State Farm paid for my 4 year Accounting Degree.
There were many opportunities for advancement.
The workplace culture depended on the department and manager
Great pay
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 2, 2018
The pay that is received is generous however there is to much restructuring and competition to feel job security. Advancement is to hard. I worked in the same department for 3 years with promises of advancement that never came. I always did everything they said and more and still advancements didn't come.
State Farm is evolving.
Learning Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 1, 2018
Onboarding their employees and making them feel valued and appreciated from day one was always an essential and successful trademark for the IT department. This is one of the many reasons they had such long lasting career professionals. Hardworking, life long learning, and dedicated employees were rewarded well. Benefits and salary packages were fair.

New leadership has set a direction to thin the long-time employees in order to bring in younger and more affordable talent. Its good for the company. Its painful for the long-time employees who have always felt it was a family, not just a company. The hardest part is saying good by to long time traditions, family events, and the sense that you were more than just a skillset.

State Farm has always been good to me, both as a policyholder and an employee. I wish them extreme success and patience for what is surely going to be a period of growing pains.
Pros
Reputation, respected in the industry, uses top drawer technologies, is methodical in their decision making.

53.1K
42.4K
31.7K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

73%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

58%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss