State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews in Dunwoody, GA

Found 222 reviews matching the search See all 8,654 reviews
Nice culture, lax dress code, but tend to micromanage
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GANovember 8, 2018
The pay combined with the benefits package makes the company competitive. When I was there, you could become vested in their pension plan (defined benefit, not defined contribution like 401Ks) if you stayed for 5 years. I'm not sure if since then they've moved exclusively to providing 401K plans, but during my time there both were available, and they matched your 401K contributions up to a certain amount.

Medical, dental, and vision were provided in their plans.

The only issue I had was the time limit they placed on handling claims, as from my experience enough time wasn't given to respectfully handle the customers issues and create the file note for others to see after you finished with the claim. This led to some employees trying to find ways to artificially keep their calls within the allotted time, which made some customer's experience worse.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Metrics are a bit difficult to meet
state farm
Consumer Loan Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAOctober 29, 2018
Need to work on keeping your employees happy and creating a more work life balance. High turnover rate. Work a lot of mandatory overtime even if you have kids.
Pros
401-k & pension
Cons
need to reconstruct the whole company. Do no care about employee
Not a good company to work for
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAOctober 23, 2018
For this to be the "#1 insurance company" they do not value their employees. Management is condescending. It is impossible to move up in the company. They do not show appreciation.
Pros
Its a job that pays
Highschool and un professional environment
CLAIMS ADJUSTER (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAOctober 18, 2018
If you like working with unprofessional people then this is the place for you. The trainer complained the entire time about how he did not like the training class. Dress code relaxed but people push the envelope and come to work looking as if they just got out of bed or came from the strip club. You are micromanaged and they are able to view your computer screens. You are not able to choose your schedule, when people quit and the desired schedule is available they still will not let you pick it. You have to bid for holidays off which was not explained during phone or face to face interview. Attendance and tardiness is on a point system and is easy to acquire. They have an extremely high turnover rate which is why they hire in groups of 100 or more.
Pros
They pay for you to get your license
Cons
Discounts and tickets
great career opportunity
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAOctober 13, 2018
comprehensive training and support, set schedule and competitive pay, benefits are excellent. Diverse and inclusive staff with many opportunities for advancement
Crc
First Response Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAOctober 8, 2018
Didn't have enough reps to cover the que. Extremely overworked and with very strict and regulated breaks. Great for advancement but only once you exit out of the CRC department which tends to be the trend.
Not a long term job
Claim Associate (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAOctober 6, 2018
Toxic Environment for mental Health. OK hub shut down so workload increased at all other hubs. Not good for mental health. Great Benefits and an ok temporary job.
Good job for students
Licensed Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAOctober 3, 2018
I absolutely loved this company when I started. The culture was laid back and comfortable. We have good benefits and a flexible schedule in the Customer Care Center. Over time they have implemented a lot of new changes with little to no raise AND they took away all of our morale incentives. No more rewards for exceeding goals, new stricter policies, and uncaring management practices. The morale is at an all time low. The rest of the company has a different set of rules so I get better feedback from those departments ,but we are one of the lowest paid insurance companies in the area.
Pros
Good benefits, flexible hours
Cons
Poor company culture, low pay
Great Place to work
Claims Representative/Customer Service/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GASeptember 27, 2018
Your typical day at State Farm, is fast paced but great. We do have set breaks and schedules, but it keeps everything in order. Management is great and is there to assist you if you have any questions or are experiencing any trouble.
none at this time
CLAIMS ADJUSTER (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GASeptember 13, 2018
Great Company to work for. All employees are happy with their employment at state farm. Positive environment and lots of activities and off work community service work to get involved with. I appreciate the opportunity to work at State Farm.
State Farm was interesting
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GASeptember 10, 2018
Very corporate environment. Mixed messages and conflicting information was an issue. The company itself tried to be fair to both employees and customers but past employees who abused benefits has made the company distrustful. The pay was okay but not enough to really enjoy living in Atlanta. Traffic was also an issue and many of is wanted work from home opportunities which we were always told was illegal. We learned later it is not and this caused a lack of trust in the company.
Pros
benefits, over time opportunity, professional
Cons
pay, inconsistent, no work from home opportunity
Good company
Customer service sales (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 29, 2018
Good company, just didnt like the shifts offered, lots of opportunity to learn, advance, promotions, sometimes pressure to sell, management ok, hard to get saturdays off
Good Place
Claims Associate-Express (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 29, 2018
Good Place To Work. Great people. Great environment and they are always looking to hire new people who are willing to work hard and get to work on time.
An alright place to work at
Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 28, 2018
Don't expect work/life balance. They are all about the numbers and not their employees. Depending on the season & "customer demand" you will work crazy hours, weekends, holidays and it still won't be worth the money.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Changed after I left
Claims Associate - ILR Lead (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 20, 2018
Management has changed policies after I left the company. While I was there, the pay was ok, but not competitive with other companies. The benefits made-up for it in my opinion. Since I have left, there were changes to the pay (they gave more $) but there has also been an establishment of a point system for no being at work. You have to speak to a current employee for those details.
Looking to leave
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 20, 2018
Unstable environment and company on a steady decline. High turnover due to company being unorganized and uncaring about employees best interest. Typical company that cares about themselves.
Pros
Steady paycheck
Cons
Instability, constant schedule changes, toxic environment
Productive and a great place to work
Claims Associate ILR (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 20, 2018
My review of SFIC is a enjoyed my time there as an ILR Claims Associate, from the four week training until the day I left. Management is supportive not only in current job roles but will help/assist employees to get to their next position. The culture is a good vibe, lots of smiles and support from team members. The hardest part of the job was having to leave. The most enjoyable part of the job was the positive work environment.
Pros
Educational opportunities
Cons
Only coke beverages
Fun and productive place to work
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 14, 2018
State Farm is a very good company, offer great benefits from day one. I've always enjoyed the culture of the company and diverse backgrounds of most everyone we come in contact with. State Farm also does a lot of internal hiring so there's room for advancement.
Fun workplace with lots of perks
CCC Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 13, 2018
I absolutely loved working in the call center. Tons of perks, great people, and I personally loved my schedule options. I didn’t like being isolated at times.
Pros
The building and perks
Cons
Isolation at times
Day to Day
CLAIM SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 13, 2018
A work a at State Farm the call volume can be very high and customers can be difficult. I was able to balance the call and tasks the was required of me day to day. I had a great attitude and that reflected in my ability to be consistent and my rapport with State Farm customers and Non- State Farm customers and their Attorneys.
Pros
Great benefits and Pay
Cons
I have None

53.2K
42.5K
31.8K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

73%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

58%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss