State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews in Dunwoody, GA

Found 211 reviews matching the search See all 8,260 reviews
none at this time
CLAIMS ADJUSTER (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GASeptember 13, 2018
Great Company to work for. All employees are happy with their employment at state farm. Positive environment and lots of activities and off work community service work to get involved with. I appreciate the opportunity to work at State Farm.
Good company
Customer service sales (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 29, 2018
Good company, just didnt like the shifts offered, lots of opportunity to learn, advance, promotions, sometimes pressure to sell, management ok, hard to get saturdays off
Good Place
Claims Associate-Express (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 29, 2018
Good Place To Work. Great people. Great environment and they are always looking to hire new people who are willing to work hard and get to work on time.
An alright place to work at
Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 28, 2018
Don't expect work/life balance. They are all about the numbers and not their employees. Depending on the season & "customer demand" you will work crazy hours, weekends, holidays and it still won't be worth the money.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Changed after I left
Claims Associate - ILR Lead (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 20, 2018
Management has changed policies after I left the company. While I was there, the pay was ok, but not competitive with other companies. The benefits made-up for it in my opinion. Since I have left, there were changes to the pay (they gave more $) but there has also been an establishment of a point system for no being at work. You have to speak to a current employee for those details.
Looking to leave
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 20, 2018
Unstable environment and company on a steady decline. High turnover due to company being unorganized and uncaring about employees best interest. Typical company that cares about themselves.
Pros
Steady paycheck
Cons
Instability, constant schedule changes, toxic environment
Productive and a great place to work
Claims Associate ILR (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 20, 2018
My review of SFIC is a enjoyed my time there as an ILR Claims Associate, from the four week training until the day I left. Management is supportive not only in current job roles but will help/assist employees to get to their next position. The culture is a good vibe, lots of smiles and support from team members. The hardest part of the job was having to leave. The most enjoyable part of the job was the positive work environment.
Pros
Educational opportunities
Cons
Only coke beverages
Fun and productive place to work
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 14, 2018
State Farm is a very good company, offer great benefits from day one. I've always enjoyed the culture of the company and diverse backgrounds of most everyone we come in contact with. State Farm also does a lot of internal hiring so there's room for advancement.
Fun workplace with lots of perks
CCC Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 13, 2018
I absolutely loved working in the call center. Tons of perks, great people, and I personally loved my schedule options. I didn’t like being isolated at times.
Pros
The building and perks
Cons
Isolation at times
Day to Day
CLAIM SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 13, 2018
A work a at State Farm the call volume can be very high and customers can be difficult. I was able to balance the call and tasks the was required of me day to day. I had a great attitude and that reflected in my ability to be consistent and my rapport with State Farm customers and Non- State Farm customers and their Attorneys.
Pros
Great benefits and Pay
Cons
I have None
The Culture of Insurance
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 8, 2018
Having never worked in the insurance industry before my training and knowledge that I gained was definitely an eye opener.

There are room for advancement while being an entry level associate and you are taught how to build your brand.
Loved this place
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 4, 2018
Very structured, organized company. Good coworkers and management with a lot of advancement opportunity. they take really good care of their employees and strive on customer service throughout. whether its to the customer or the employee
Pretty standard
CCC SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJuly 30, 2018
It's basically just like any other call center but with insurance. I work part time (24 hours) a week and I like it. Some days there will be calls in queue and others there could be 2-4 minutes between a call. Management will always push for advancement if you are interested. I've been here for about 2 years and I've never had any issues.
Pros
Pay and Management
Cons
Calls in queue
Stressful, Over worked and under paid
Licensed Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJuly 29, 2018
This company has no empathy for its employees. You're made to work outside the limits of your schedule. This company used to feel like a family, it once was a fun place to work at. Once you become apart of the farm you will work twice as hard and be paid less than any other person in this industry.
Pros
Great people you'll meet!
Cons
Long hours, mirco management, low pay, unruly attendance policy
Great work environment
Claims Adjuster II (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJuly 23, 2018
I worked @ State Farm when first brought express claims to Dunwoody it was a great experience It was a just wrong time in my life. I was ill I had to leave for personal reason
Cons
It is a stable work environment
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJuly 17, 2018
State Farm has been through a lot of changes in the last five years of me working there. They still have the benefits of secure work environment but the some other things have changed. They have moved from a employee based workplace to a numbers based workplace. The new CEO is a bottom line type of business man and only cares about the profit. In my time spent there I was able to move through three different positions in three years once he came into the position the company started implementing hiring freezes on internal positions until those positions were caught up with the numbers there departments were responsible at meeting.
Pros
Benefits, stable work environment, possible movement
Cons
always changing daily work regiment without notice, possible delay in promotions, company values are changing from customer service to numbers based
Exhausting Environment not worth your time
Licensed Claims Associate/Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJuly 14, 2018
When I first began working at StateFarm the culture was okay . I was in the first auto pilot class in Atlanta for Auto-ILR. We were given false hope on fast career advancement. Statefarm is no longer a place that you would want to depend on for a career. Employees are getting fired left and right for erroneous accusations. In the past few months numerous members in management have quit on the spot due to unethical practices. Almost every manager micro manages the employees until they either quit on go on FMLA for stress and anxiety. I wouldn't recommend Statefarm as an employer.
Pros
Okay benefits
Cons
Over worked, Mandatory OT, no work life balance, Management unorganized and poorly trained.
Work/life balance is important in my department
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJuly 4, 2018
Work/life is emphasized as being very important.
and is focused on by management.

Benefits - health, dental, vision, life, 401k are a great opportunity to take advantage of.
Pros
Good benes
Cons
pay
Its a job
Underwriter Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJuly 3, 2018
At least I don't have to be on the phones! Other than that the raises and bonuses are on the decline. Its a great job to gain experience and take that experience else where. `
Customer Care Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJuly 3, 2018
Love my job would I recommend. The hours are fixed but still flexible. The supervisor are hands on which is a plus. The benefits are great as well. This company believed is upward mobility within the company.

53.1K
42.4K
31.7K

See reviews about

Diversity score

63out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company.

Powered by Comparably