State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews in Richardson, TX

Found 428 reviews matching the search See all 8,666 reviews
Awesome environment
Auto Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 16, 2018
I really enjoy working here. I have no compaints at all. Advancement is available, yearly bonus (based on performance) Awesome coworkers, safe environment. The pay could be so much better. Benefits are great, I’ve had no issues with management. Training is great.
Pros
Benefits, environment, training, coworkers, management. Shift swaps and shift bids whenever you need to change your shift.
Cons
Pay
family feeling work enviroment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 16, 2018
I believe that state farm gave me a stable life. I met some amazing people working here. I've learned how to navigate between two monitors. The hardest part was that the calls have been back to back making it a bit stressful.
Pros
They always give you gift and snacks if its a busy work day.
Cons
healthcare
Very repetitive call center environment.
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 14, 2018
If you are okay with an entry level job with few opportunities for advancement, then State Farm might be the place for you. However, the work is very repetitive and working in a call center environment can be very stressful. Do you enjoy talking on the phone all day either answering questions or talking with frustrated customers? If not, then you might want to look for employment elsewhere.
The company was a good company to work for but management was awful
Claims adjuster (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 13, 2018
I enjoyed my job and what I do just not for State farm. The managers are incompetent and treat employees unfairly that they don't favor. Some managers are great and will help you move forward or there deny that advancement.
Good Company, dont care about employees
SALES (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 12, 2018
Missed kids like crazy. With this career new hires get horrible shifts and no good shift are available for long periods of time. It's extremely hard to get days off for funeral, kids sporting events, and vacations
Company as a whole
Sr. Bank Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 9, 2018
My working experiences at State Farm, was awesome and I truly enjoyed my peers and the management team I interact with as a Senior Technical Bank Analyst.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 8, 2018
Working for state farm was competitive and fun. I was constantly learning in a fun environment where I was respected as a team member. State Farm is a good company.
StateFarm is a great company that i enjoyed working for.
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 5, 2018
State Farm is a great company to work for and there are so many opportunities for advancement with State Farm you just have to learn as
much as you can to make yourself more marketable with the company.
Pros
nice place to work, friendly people, decent pay, advancement opportunities, very casual attire
Cons
They work on a point system which was not so great when you are tardy or absent, because when you reach 20 you are terminated
If you don't want a life outside of work, then this is the place for you
Claims (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 1, 2018
Work hours that are beyond flexible and hoops to jump through to use your PTO. Seasoned employees are leaving there in drones, so this should say a lot about how they treat their employees
Laid back Enviroment
Express Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 31, 2018
Had a great time while working there. It was innovative and forward thinking in their approach to the workplace Enviroment. the people are friendly and to have that type of workplace is ideal
Pros
laid back Atmosphere
Cons
attendance policy a little strict could be revamped.
It's not horrible most days....
Auto ILR (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 30, 2018
When I was hired at State Farm I was so excited. State Farm is an industry leader and their reputation is stellar. After training, I started in Enterprise ILR. It was ok, except for the schedule. You don't have much of a choice in the schedule you work. It was an evening schedule and off Thursday, Friday and Saturday. That is actually a good schedule if you consider not many of the day shifts have consecutive days off.

I was promoted to Auto ILR after I was there about 10 months. Which was great. I got licensed in all states. Awesome. Except the training was confusing and spread out during the holiday season. Needless to say, when I got onto the floor in January, I had a little hiccup.

My first schedule was absolutely horrid. You get to "bid" for a schedule, but good luck with that. My hours started at 4 in the morning. I had to get up at 3 am. There is no shift incentive to do this shift, either.

So I got a day shift a few months later. Awesome. However, it was temporary as the whole department had to go through a mandatory shift bid. I got night shift again, almost my last choice. My life is turned upside down once every few months because of schedule changes.

I have had more than 5 managers in the span of a year. Every manager expects something different. Some follow rules, some don't. Some have huddles, others don't. You just don't know what to expect. When your life is being tossed around so carelessly, it's hard to imagine anyone in management positions cares about any person.

You can get reprimanded from downstream departments but you have no recourse
  more... as far as defending yourself goes. Some managers don't care about these. Others are constantly on you about them non stop. There is hardly ever any positive feedback.

The lunches are only 45 minutes. You get two breaks every 10 hour shift. Why? I'm so tired and drained by the end of my shift I have a hard time focusing.

A few months ago, everyone had to do 8 hours of mandatory overtime. Seriously, everyone is jumping ship.

Now our positions are being frozen, so we can't move to any other departments or get a promotion. They decided to hire from outside instead of promoting skilled employees from within. The only way to advance in your career is to get a job at another company.

Don't even get me started on the attendance and point system. Have a family? They don't care. You will be required to work when they want you to work. Like your Holidays off? Good luck with that. Chances are you will be working holidays.

Seriously, I hear State Farm used to care about their employees. What happened?
Pros
Location, Overtime Available.
Cons
Mandatory OT, No Weekends Off, Poor Life/Work Balance, Management Doesn't Care
Good company with good work-life balance
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 29, 2018
decent company. good work life balance. culture is changing from past couple of years. salary is less than local market. career growth opportunities very limited
Too robotic. Micro manage. It's difficult for an advanced educational person to adjust to the enviornment.
Underwriting Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 22, 2018
Daily training. A lot of time at desk sitting. Breaks and lunches are too structured. Over the top of micro management. Most difficult part of the job was being positive.
Pros
Use to provide vacation and benefits 1st day
Cons
Micromanagement and very low pay.
Good reputation with good benefits
Technical Support Rep (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 16, 2018
State Farm is a good place to work but the culture and structure needs updating to make things better for the employees.
These improvements would make State Farm a great place to work and provide more room for advancement
Horrible
Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 15, 2018
No work life balance, horrible shift bid options, poor management, minimal training, sever micromanagement of not only floor employees but of managers by upper management.
Adaptability
Express Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 14, 2018
It is difficult to adapt to too many changes, no stable management, Bemefits are great, flexible PTO, overwhelming call volume, it is difficult to promote, more focused on metrics rather than customer experiences.
Benefits
Cons
No steady management, too many changes
Nice place to work
Supervisor, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 14, 2018
I do enjoy working for State Farm. There has been opportunity for advancement, but with restructuring there has been less opportunity. There are benefits for part-time employees which is difficult to find.
Pros
Benefits for part-time employees, nice first line leaders, 401k, beautiful buildings, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Too afraid to fire poor employees, low first line leader pay
Love meeting new people
Underwriting Service Asst II (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TxOctober 8, 2018
Besides the work schedule and management, everything else was great. The job was not too stressful. The training was great. They ensure each associate knew and understood the process before releasing them to the production floor.
Benefits
Cons
Schedule
N/a
Claims Adjuster -Licensed All Lines (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 5, 2018
Great place to work and advance . Discounts and different departments galore. Able to.onatin license and use for a life time. Really need to.move to Houston but there is no hub in that city
No complaints
Excellent training
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 3, 2018
Very good morale within the company. Most good jobs and promotions felt like they primarily went to Bloomington (HQ). It was a fun and generally laid back atmosphere.

53.2K
42.5K
31.8K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight