State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews in Richardson, TX

Found 404 reviews matching the search See all 8,265 reviews
Relaxed and enjoyable position
Consolidated Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Consolidated Claims is not indicative of the entire State Farm claims experience. It is generally agent support and recording of claims paid through agents' offices. Extremely relaxed with a fair bit of freedom. The associates are some of the best people you will meet, while most of management (save one) is rather lacking in knowledge, expertise, and empathy. They will definitely not usually go the extra mile to help the associate. The pay is quite lacking compared to some other area insurance companies; benefits are rather expensive and lackluster, even though State Farm often brags how great their benefits package is - this may have been true int he past, but does not hold true any longer. All-in-all, it was a nice experience, tinged with some of the usual negative aspects.
Pros
Great and helpful coworkers; weekends and holidays off; occasional optional OT; relaxed environment
Cons
Most managers not very helpful or useful; archaic attendance policy
Comment6
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 18, 2018
I don't wish to comment at this time. I have been at the company for 5 years. I would recommend the company if this is the field that you are looking for. Thank you
Its not as great as it use to be!
Event Planner Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 17, 2018
When I started with State Farm it was a great company to work for however after our previous CEO Ed Rust retired the company was not the same. I use to be able to recommend people to want to work for such a great company however; over the past few years they treat their employees like they are only the bottom line and not people.
Pros
great benefits and opportunites for advancement if you know the right people
Cons
you have to know the right people to get a head
Typical call center job
Claims Associates (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 16, 2018
It would be nice if there was more flexibility on time off and family life. Plus management seems to be trained not to care. They are only there to advise when situations merit it.
Fun Job
CCC - Sales (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 14, 2018
A typical day at work is slow, not many calls except on weekends, relaxed. I learned about insurance, there are some amazing management and supervisors, I was put on a team with a not so good supervisor.Work culture is fun. Hardest part was talking to my supervisor. Most enjoyable was the people.
Pros
Good pay, good working environment, fun people, tuition, community college classes offered there
Cons
Poor Management
Worst Run Company
Adobe Livecycle Forms Designer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX 75082September 14, 2018
This is the worst place to work. The management cannot make up their minds about anything. Four years ago they decided to move the Forms Design work from Bloomington, IL to Dallas, TX. A few Bloomington folks relocated to TX but the rest of the team was recruited from all over the US. I was called out of the blue and "invited" to come to work for SF. I was living in Austin, they relocated me and gave me a signing bonus. Now after 2-1/2 years they changed their minds and sent all the Forms Design work back to Bloomington, IL. This affected some 20+ people that they had paid to relocate (not inexpensive) some were given new assignments that they had to be trained for, a handful moved to Bloomington, some retired and I was laid-off and now I'm stuck in Dallas instead of beautiful Austin. They have zero regard for how they waste the premium payers money, this is just the tip of the iceberg of the poor decision making and horrible waste of the client's money.
Pros
None, not even coffee is provided
Cons
Great newer facilities in their Hub cities (ATL, DALLAS and PHX) provide state of the art working environment and a place for work/life balance.
Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 10, 2018
I enjoyed my years at State Farm and would work for them again if they were not moving corporate office out of Florida. The opportunities to advance were many and varied.
Cons
T2 scheduling/time clocks
It was a very laid back and non-stressful environmen
Mutual Response Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 4, 2018
My daily routine involved answering phone calls for clients that had Mutual Funds with State Farm Insurance Company, and making sure that before the call was over all of the clients needs were met.
ok place to work
CLAIMS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 4, 2018
This was a pretty good place to work most of the time. Work/life balance can be difficult at times and sometimes overtime is mandatory in order to meet needs.
it's a call center
Auto Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 4, 2018
Job security hinges on metrics and adherence. Job Development is stagnant. Not much opportunity to branch out from the call center or to pursue other job opportunities at this time.
Pros
Work stays at work
Cons
Not much available for vertical or lateral movement. Not much PTO accrual.
Like all jobs, depends on your manager
Claims (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 3, 2018
The company has lost its heart. It used to take care of the employees, who took care of the customer. Now it is a numbers game. Also, the "point" system for absences does not take into account people have lives, children, families.
Ok Company
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 1, 2018
It is not terrible, not great either--somewhere in the middle. Good company to gain experience and then move on. Outdated business model when compared to other insurance companies.
Productive and relaxed environment
Underwriting Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 27, 2018
Always changing environment. Extensive training to make sure you are able to do the job you are hired for. Great leadership, they will invest in you as much as you invest in yourself.
Times have changed
USA Personal Lines Contact Center (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 26, 2018
When I started at State Farm it was the best company you could ask for. We relocated to keep working for them but the company changed when the new CEO took over. There was no more work-life balance and employees no longer felt cared for just another peg filling a spot. I have heard the company is starting to pump the breaks and try and fix some of the mistakes they made.
Pros
Decent benefits and pay is okay.
Cons
no work life balance and long hours.
Overwhelming workload with too many priorities that changed weekly.
Bodily Injury Claim Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 24, 2018
It started as a great company to work for until the claims department focus became all about metrics and getting off the “list” of the week. This new focus made it very stressful to perform the job and difficult to provide quality customer service. It became all about impressing upper management or consultants vs the customers we serve. The response was get it done while we also reduce and eventually eliminate overtime. The morale declined as employees began to quit weekly and their inventories were dumped on existing employees as if we were not already overwhelmed with pending claims.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
No capacity for time off, unfair absence system, all employees complain about status quo
Stable company
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 20, 2018
Great company, management sucks. If I ever return To SF I would hope for more accountable supervisors. They do nothing in the sales department. Not only one it’s several.
Pros
Benefits, schedule flexibility
Cons
Statefarm used to be fun place to work
Bodily Injury Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 17, 2018
Statefarm switched to pooled PTO instead of separate vacation, sick and personal days. This was a horrible thing as employees lost time. They also implement "T2" and badging in and out for professional employees.
Claims is an awful department to work in
Claims Associate Express (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 16, 2018
Seem some of the other departments were okay but everyone knows that claims is the worst, No one wants to work in the department. The work structure is designed to stress you out for no reason, even if the customer praises you, or you help the customer to the fullest or you make the numbers that are required in the metrics, These managers will tell you everything that is wrong with your performance but will never praise your improvements. The most difficult part of the job is the Metrics system put in place. This system is unrealistic and the standards that it is kept up isn't worth the aggrevation. NO ONE seems to know what they are doing including the managers. but they require them to hold you to a high standard on a system they don't understand and they accuse you of making mistakes that they themselves make mistakes on evaluating you on. Its a circus in claims.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Money, Stress
Great advancement opportunities
Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 15, 2018
The company could improve in their training and management/ employee communication. Management could do more to aid in the development of their team members.
Extremely Micromanaged
Express Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 13, 2018
Work environment was extremely micromanaged. Back to back phone calls, of course its a call center, but heaven forbid they see you taking a breather. Very hard to move up due to so much competition. Pay was good but not worth being treated like a child.

53.1K
42.4K
31.7K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight