State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews in Tempe, AZ

Not Good
Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 20, 2018
Recent changes and management decisions have made it a less than desirable place to work. It is not the same State Farm that it once was as the company no longer cares for it's employees or customer. It is all about metrics and numbers.
State farm is a great work place
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 17, 2018
The work is not hard. Fast paced but easy. Nice work environment. Great pay and easy going supervisors. Health benefits the day you start. Metrics are not hard to meet.
Pros
Nice place to work and great pay
Cons
Attendance policy is a no fault policy
Good People and Management but lots of stress due to decrease workforce.
Planning Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 17, 2018
People were great - lots of change in workforce numbers so very stressful. Good Benefits and work life balance although working from home was not an option.
Hard people to please
Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 5, 2018
Be wary of thinking you can move up in the company if you work hard. If you are a knowledgeable claim handler with good customer focus, your manager might consider you an okay employee, but if you don't meet metrics, you will never be considered a high performing employee and you will sooner or later be pushed towards the door.

Please do not underestimate how draining it is to take high stress calls over a full shift in Auto ILR. I got headaches constantly from all the talking, with very limited breathers. There are accident scenes, people who are upset with the process, people who cannot describe an accident to save their life, etc. Management is not responsive to complaints that employees may bring up in regards to sustainability.

Also, this job will show you just how terrible phone reception is in America. The number of people who just sounded like garbled messes made it hard to do my job. Also doesn't help that our own software for taking claims loved to crash in all kinds of ways.
Pros
Coworkers were good people
Cons
Metrics, monitored bathroom breaks, many, many others
n/a
Bank Function Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 5, 2018
I do not have an opinion that i would like to share. I am only completing this section because I cannot finish the review without completing this particular section.
CCC Service Review
CCC Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 4, 2018
This position was very relaxed and flexible with my school schedule. The work environment was great and there was opportunity to grow with the company.
No Job is perfect but this one has been pretty decent
Insurance Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 31, 2018
Job will vary depending on Agent you work for. In my two years with the company I have worked for two different agents and had very different experiences with both. But one constant between the two is that my role in the office has changed consistently at least every couple of months and there is flexibility for out of office obligations and commitments. I think this is a great place to start your career but not the place where it should be defined.
Pros
laid back work environment/schedule flexibility
Cons
lower wage/management
Not Just a Job but A Career
Claims Associate Auto ILR (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 28, 2018
State Farm Insurance has thus far been the best company I have ever worked for. They are definitely about their customers but also about their employees. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone looking for not just a job but a career.
Collaborative, yet political leadership
Administrative Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 26, 2018
Difficult to make a difference in this large organization. People are friendly and open. It will take the organization some time to fulfill on their commitment to evolve into a customer focused organization, however, through their recent reorganization efforts, the future is closer than it once was.
Injury Claim Specialist
Injury Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 23, 2018
The job is high pressure. You are dealing with a ton of money and lawsuits from injury and death claims. One mistake can cost the company millions and you can lose your job in an instant. The company does not value their employees is very unorganized. The company is constantly changing and put too much pressure on their employees to perform well. You are expected to do it all when you are an injury claim specialist. The expectations are unrealistic. My manager was amazing however, it is corporate that is the problem. They treat the managers at our hub horribly too. It is sad to see that people that have been loyal to the company for 20+ years are treated horribly by the company. The new CEO runs the company like a cutthroat business now where money is all that matters. The family and good neighbor culture State Farm was known for is long gone.

I left because job security was zero, the morale of the people in the office was awful, and the company was extremely unorganized. I love my team, however, the people at State Farm are fantastic it is Corporate in Bloomington and their non-existent leadership is why so many customers are going to other insurance companies. I got off the ship while I could. State Farm is a sinking ship right now.
Pros
My team, good pay, good benefits.
Cons
Unorganized, horrible leadership, unrealistic expectations
Trust me its still the best.......in the industry
CLAIM REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 20, 2018
Leaving State Farm to go to a competitor to wok for was my single largest mistake professionally I have ever made. I miss it dearly and would trade my job back for a career there in a moment. So sad I left
Pros
WOrk Life balance - when your shift is over, the work doesnt follow you into the next day
Cons
micro managed on task productivity
great place to work
Claim Associate (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 19, 2018
great place to work. Many opportunities for work/ life balance, community service and education. beautiful campus. central location within the greater Phoenix Metro area
Pros
community involvement
Cons
frequent shift changes
Relaxed yet Professional Place to Work
Auto Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 19, 2018
Relaxed yet professional place to work. Great place for leadership development and career development. However pay is typically below industry average.
Pros
Benefits, Pension plan, matching 401k
Cons
Below average salary
Looks can be deceiving
Bank Response Center CSR (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 16, 2018
The center itself is great...new and updated. The management is very cliquey and do not support advancement within the company. Everyone seems to be out for themselves.
Nice building, but poor management
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 16, 2018
Not the best, but not the worst. I definitely would never go back. It's not easy to advance in this company. The hours are long and the pay could be a lot higher. You are micromanaged all the time!!! Nice building, but that doesn't cut it for me.
Benefits
Cons
Hours, Mandatory OT, lack of support from management, micromanaged.
Workplace was perfect at first then it changed completely
Bilingual ILR Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ 85282August 15, 2018
I was hired on before they built the new location in Tempe, our department was new and literally only had 30 employees. When we changed over it was micromanaged and management was constantly on our backs. They really do try to get you to move up which is really nice.
Pros
Healthcare, environment
Excellent enviroment and flexible hours
Bilingual - Spanish CCC Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 10, 2018
Excellent environment. Spanish fluency needed for my role.
Flexible hours. Paid time off. Caring company.
Team environment, Constant changes. 401K benefits and pension.
Not a good experience coming out of training
LICENSED CLAIMS ADJUSTOR (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 8, 2018
There was a lack of support on the floor for new hire agents once we graduated from training..
Inflexibility of manager to acknowledge different learning styles.
Decent job for college students
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 8, 2018
Overall had great experience up until my last team manager. The company was great when it came to volunteer work and great when it came to working with college students schedules.
Great company
CLAIMS TEAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 7, 2018
Great company with a very positive culture ..very hard working employees and a strong training program for onboarding new associates challenging but very rewarding work

53.1K
42.4K
31.7K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

63out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company.