State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Account Representative

Found 123 reviews matching the search See all 9,538 reviews
Great place to work.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOApril 2, 2019
Great place to work. Unfortunately the agent I worked for ended up leaving the industry just three months in, sorry unfortunately I wasn't able to work for Statefarm long-term.
Great upbeat and positive culture
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 28, 2019
Great company to trust with all your insurance needs. It’s a great resume builder. It teaches you soft and hard skills to use in the future. You must be able to work individually on your own goals along with working with a team.
Productive and Great work environment
ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 27, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed working for State Farm. I was able to grow in mu customer service skills. One of the biggest skills that I was able to contribute to State Farm was my bilingual skills. I am fluent in Spanish and there is a wide Hispanic community in the area that I was able to help provide services to that clientele.
office atmosphere
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PAMarch 23, 2019
State Farm can be a great place to work if you work in a good office enviroment. This is pertaining to the agents office you work for not directed at State Farm itself.
Typical day ends at 5. I enjoy the majority of clients. The hadest part is the double standards in the office.
Outdoor activities
Account Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 21, 2019
I work with State Farm for five years started out as a license life, accident and health moved up to property & casualty and Commercial also certified Bank license representative and a notary.
Unrealistic
PERSONAL ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaMarch 19, 2019
The agent I worked for did not do half of what other agents do to help their employees succeed. So speaking on my personal experience, I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Sales intense environment
Personal Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMarch 2, 2019
The bottom line is sales. If you are good at closing sales, you will be fine and will make money. If you are not good at closing sales, please do not waste your time. Period.
Fun place to work
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 18, 2019
Great place to work. Allowed me to be self driven. Worked remotely but commuted monthly to meet with team members and discuss our progress. Very fun atmosphere
Very pleasent work environment
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  New HampshireDecember 27, 2018
I liked everyone that I worked with and the way I was treated was well. I made out bound sales calls, found leads, helped with payment issues, helped servicing claims, etc;
It's a good place to gain knowledge in the field. And then leave.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  MichiganDecember 19, 2018
I worked for a newly opened agency for 8 months. There were no benefits offered and only 5 days PTO. Often asked to work overtime with no compensation.

Commission was hard to make for a few reasons:
1. No book of business.
2. Heavily dependent on internet leads and cold calls.
3. The commission scale at my agency was difficult.
4. LIFE INSURANCE. LIFE INSURANCE. LIFE INSURANCE.
5. Service work gets in the way of sales.

The quoting tools, systems, and phones go down often. When systems are down, you are required to stay in the office and wait. Systems would sometimes be down for days.

Training falls short in every aspect of the job. I was never thoroughly trained in service or sales. I was, however, expected to train new hires with my limited knowledge of the job. There were small bonuses given for my time spent training, but I did find that it took away from my selling time and did not make up for the commission I missed out on. When I had questions, I had to check all of my online resources, call underwriting, and if I couldn't find an answer there, I had to "bother" my agent. There was little no to training on any aspect of making/closing a sale.

At this agency, you can ONLY make commission IF you sell a decent amount of life insurance. You CANNOT make commission at all on property and casualty alone. Period.
Pros
5 day work week, free lunches, amazing coworkers
Cons
lack of training, 0 benefits, micromanagement
Good intent, not sure about follow through
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 29, 2018
State Farm is a great company but in the past couple years they have made such unrealistic, vast changes that it has caused an ridiculous amount of turn over at the corporate side of things. most of my job is spent arguing with underwriters, and service people who don't know what they are doing and have made horribly costly mistakes. There appears to be no training, accountability, or coaching at the corporate locations. If you want to have something fixed or done right then you usually have to bark super high up the chain. lots of business was lost because of mistakes made at a corporate level that no sense of urgency was shown to resolve issue.

Too much of my time went to fixing company mistakes instead of helping customers!

Office environment was good. State Farm benefits do not extend to agency staff and that is left up to agent. which benefits at all agency levels seems to be pretty outdated. I.e. the max vacation days I will ever be able to work up to is two weeks.
Pros
8:30- 5pm work day
Cons
rarely get lunch breaks, no vacation time, no benefits, company that seems a little lost
N/a
Account Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MINovember 15, 2018
Not enough of a chance for advancement in a branch office. Regular 9-5 job. Great owner of the branch that I worked at. Not enough opportunity for advancement, Although, this was not the owners fault.
State Farm is a great learning experience.
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32256November 15, 2018
As an account representative, I manage accounts for the customers who pay via the payment plan, on a monthly basis.
It has been a great experience and I have learned much about the corporate, as well as production environments.
Working for a large corporation can sometimes seem overwhelming, but the State Farm management is great at making sure everyone feels valued and appreciated. It has been a pleasure working in such a diverse and inclusive environment.
The most difficult part of the job is correcting the account errors properly to insure no further errors will occur. The most enjoyable is teamwork. Working together, as a team, to ensure the best quality work is produced is greatly rewarding.
Pros
No weekends.
Cons
Limited time off. Use of PTO is used for all time off, but unable to earn enough for average needs.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 12, 2018
The management for the agency I worked for was understanding in working with your schedule and meeting with you to go over goals, unfortunately there was a limited amount of resources put into lead generation leading to a lack of sales opportunities.
Seems like a dead end...
Multiline Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Blountville, TNOctober 27, 2018
I have worked with various State Farm agents since 2003. There is a definite ceiling. You can be the best customer care person on planet earth and still end up on the bottom. I believe in the product and I care about the customers...but I have become very dissatisfied with the middle men, so to speak.
Pros
Good brand to be associated with, if you care about that.
Cons
Becoming a hamster on an endless wheel.
good starting poing
ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  michiganOctober 22, 2018
good starting position, learned alot of insurance. gave me good experience with the insurance field. I was able to hone in on people skills and getting to know what people want from insurance.
Job
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 21, 2018
Great place to work. Just be sure you know whether you're getting into sales or service work. Serving customers and working through new needs was enjoyable for me. However, the cold calling was difficult. I was not interested in sales.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
cold calls
Stressful because of rate hikes but I worked for a great agent
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 19, 2018
Stressful because of sales goals (which are hard to hit because State Farm's rates are so much higher than the competition) but it helped my sales skills which positioned me for better opportunities in the future.
overall
PERSONAL ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  OregonSeptember 17, 2018
good place to get started in insurance. I learned a lot from working there. My main con would be that the income potential as a team member does not pay to the industry standard.
Account Representative
Account Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 11, 2018
• Identified customer needs, and market appropriate products and services.
• Assisted management in establishing call guidelines and procedures
Provided efficient, courteous customer service and handled service inquiries from customers
• Data entry & clerical

53.5K
42.7K
32K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company.

Powered by Comparably