State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Call Center Representative

Found 38 reviews matching the search See all 9,550 reviews
Work experience
Hurricane Harvey catastrophe call center rep (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 22, 2019
My experience it was a very hostile work environment and management did nothing but blame the victim...It would have been a great place to work if not having to deal with the bullying
It was the most easy going job i have had
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILNovember 20, 2018
I really enjoyed this job. You had a badge to unlock the door then from there it was just you and your coworkers. It was pretty easy some people hung up others would do the survey it really didn’t matter. Everyone had a personal set goals for as many survey they should get that day.
Pros
You go at your own pace as long as you meet the daily goal
Cons
You might get sleepy
Work for every dime
Customer Service/ Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2018
This is serious job and it deals with peoples' Lives and family's well being. you have to be Sincerer and apologetic especially if you work in claims or directly with the Policy holders that has been affected but natural disasters.
Overall a good company to work for; going through restructuring
Auto Claims Call Center Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  DuPont, WANovember 18, 2018
Great training
Supportive managers
Great culture
Predictable work
Great benefits
Great work/life balance
Great opportunity to work at other locations throughout the US
Great Place to work
Claims Representative/Customer Service/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GASeptember 27, 2018
Your typical day at State Farm, is fast paced but great. We do have set breaks and schedules, but it keeps everything in order. Management is great and is there to assist you if you have any questions or are experiencing any trouble.
Fast-paced and collaborative environment
Auto Claims Associate, Call Center in Tacoma (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 28, 2018
Working in a team environment to help customers resolve claims can be satisfying, but it can also become emotionally taxing due to hostile customer interactions. We have the tools necessary to perform our jobs effectively and management is supportive, but overtime the job of an auto claims associate can take its toll, especially when it comes to stress.
Pros
Breaks and lunches provided, positive management, friendly coworkers, good health and vacation benefits.
Cons
Repeated calls with hostile customers increases accumulated stress and anxiety.
Good workspace
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 28, 2018
I would like to say is a great place to work I was able to do my job every day I was able to assist customers with their policies and upgrades and all of their policy needs lovely place to work
Pros
Fun work days with games
Cons
Temporary job
In-Bound Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 23, 2018
A typical day was answering the in coming calls from customers who had a State Farm policy & wanting to file a claim. Then transferring the caller to their agent or department to help them file their claim for either auto or homeowners claims. This is an inbound call center, this was a new dept. and the training was great! This was great location. with a onsite cafeteria.The coworkers were friendly, quiet place to work with a great atmosphere. I learned a lot about filing insurance claims & different types of claims for Auto or Home.
Pros
great location
Cons
temp position
State Farm
Technical Call Center Lead (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 31, 2018
This is the best Company I have ever worked for. State Farm takes care of their employees. State Farm has an amazing structure is very professional and there is a clear corporate culture which is enlightening. They make it easy to identify a career path, learning opportunities are aplenty.
Pros
Generous company
Cons
Golden handcuffs
Hectic and stressful
Life Response Center Associate in Call Center (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 10, 2018
Tried to make it as enjoyable as possible. Not a lot of help when needed, computer glitches were our problems and I was penalized for there system malfunctions.
Pros
No Comment
Cons
No Comment
A good filler job
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 20, 2018
Working in the call center at State Farm is a good filler job while you're looking for something better. They have decent benefits, but the pay is hardly worth putting up with the stress of having to meet certain metrics for call length, accuracy, number of calls taken, etc.
State Farm
Agency Contact Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 3, 2018
State Farm Insurance is reliable upon the people they hire. It takes someone with great customer service skills and being part detective to discover what a client will need. You must be willing to open up to the client to build a relationship of trust.
Poor Treatment
Express Auto Claims Associate - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAMarch 19, 2018
Wasn't treated very fairly, wasn't very comfortable working environment, micro management, discriminative, not lgbtq friendly, benefits were ok, vacation was ok
Stressful workplace and very low pay
Bank Response Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 19, 2018
I worked extremely hard in the call center and made very little money. There was a lot of stress put on the employees and my particular manager didn't seem to appreciate anything our team did. Would provide only negative feed back, nothing positive. I tried several times to post out for other opportunities and found that to be next to impossible. I would love to have had the opportunity to work in other areas of State Farm but couldn't financially hold on any longer being a single mom.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Very stressful and low pay
Temporary at the call center
Bank Loan Center Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 19, 2018
The environment of the State Farm Bank is similar to a call center. It heavily relies on both customer and employees of State Farm calling in with questions or in need of assistance. When I arrived at State Farm Bank, I was unsure of my superiors and that confusion was still there once I was fully trained and put on the phones. This made the job more stressful as there was no apparent supervisor for myself and the others under the vendor (temporary contractor that supplies employees). With the constant changes, the calls with other employees were stressful but informative.
Pros
Benefits, pay, informative, peers are willing to help
Cons
Constant change in management
Great place to get introduced to the insurance world
Life Response Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 27, 2017
After working 20yrs in Telecom, I chose to change gears and work in the insurance field. State Farm is a great start, but the compensation and health benefits are ugly. There were only 2 options for health insurance. One was HMO ( super expensive) and the other was PPO ( not as expensive as HMO, but still costly). The work environment is Nice. There seems to be no dress code, The pay would be ok if my health insurance wasn't so high. I like my supervisor. Not micromanaging like I see/heard others do.
Pros
No weekend hours. Super Lax dress code Room for advancement
Cons
Pay not competitive with other insurance companies. Expensive Heath benefits
ok
Life Response Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 8, 2017
The metrics are unbearable. State Farm is losing customers and great employees because of the micromanagement of each call. Average handle time is recorded daily and "coached" in front of the team on a daily basis if not met. It's nearly impossible to give the quality of customer service that State Farm customers need and deserve during a claim call during the time allotted to do so. The stress and the constan
Gotta know someone to get in and advance
Customer Service, call center (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 1, 2017
typical have to be somebody and know someone to get in there. If you happen to get in by luck through the temp agency, don't expect to go far. management is a joke.
Pros
Shift bids
Cons
hardly no advancement
Call Center atmosphere
Call Center - Initial Loss Reporter (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 7, 2017
Training is excellent. There are metrics that need to be met and in the past this created a stressful working environment and a high turnover rate. Things have been changing and the emphasis now is on customer interaction and personalized service as opposed to call metrics such as reading everything verbatim, branding the company, length of call etc. Keep in mind this is a highly regulated industry and there is a reason for these word tracts but now the emphasis is on the customer and how they feel after they have to call in a claim on one of the worst days of their life. You can no longer fail a call and coaching is always available.
Pros
You know exactly what is expected of you at all times.
Cons
HIghly regulated
Great
Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAJanuary 17, 2017
Its a great atmosphere for young individuals. The older generations work there as well, but they don't move around as much as the younger people. I loved it so much!

53.5K
42.7K
32K

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

74%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

59%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss