State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Claims Assistant

Found 94 reviews matching the search See all 9,535 reviews
They let everyone go in the Houston area
CLAIMS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TX 77478April 16, 2019
Company had too many re-organizations, lots of favoritism, but at the end everyone lost their job. Work was boring same ole same ole. Close to home.
Great Company
Claims Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 11, 2019
A great company that allows each employee to have a great work-life balance. Benefits offered are great, and well as the the vacation, sick pay,and PTO. Very friendly environment with co-workers and management.
Pros
Great bonuses
good job
Claim Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHApril 11, 2019
At the time when I started it was a great place to work. Still a very good wage, but uncertain how long the local office will stay open
due to newer offices in metro areas being built.
Exciting and fun place to work!
CLAIM SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXApril 1, 2019
I loved my role as a claim service assistant taking back to back calls in a busy work environment. Day would go by so fast and at the end of the day I would be energized from all the wonderful customers I helped and made happy. That was the best part of the job. The hardest part was having irate customers but, my experience has given me the best way to handle the customer by listening expressing wiliness to help, empathize and be kind. Best way to handle an irate customer. What I learned in this job to treat each customer according to their personality and their demeanor. Not everyone can be treated the same way as some customers need more caring and understanding etc. elderly, hard of hearing or strong accent difficult to understand. Patience and understanding is what is needed
Pros
Friendly and family oriented
Cons
short lunch breaks
CLAIMS SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 2, 2019
while working for State Farm Insurance Company. It opened doors that I didn't seem possible. I gain knowledge and respect with the company. It was a fast pace position that left room for advancement to grow.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Short breaks
Good Workplace
Claims Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJanuary 23, 2019
It was a great workplace and environment to be apart of during my tenure with the company. I enjoyed completing my various tasks and daily duties and working with the support management staff
Temporary
Claim Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 16, 2018
I was a temporary employee so I can't really tell what it is like working at State Farm. I enjoyed my time there it was not stressful at all very laid back.
The most enjoyable part of my job
Claims Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYSeptember 4, 2018
Would have to be my co-workers. We worked had a team and everyone was willing to help each other. We work all together..if someone had a question, there was always someone there too help.
My first real job
Claims Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJune 27, 2018
I used to love this company! I was proud to work for the #1 insurance co. in the world! Until....things begin to change, and it wasn't for the better, but for the worst!
The metrics are unbearable. State Farm is losing customers and great employees because of the micromanagement. Average handle time is recorded daily and "coached" in front of the team on a daily basis if not met. It's nearly impossible to give the quality of customer service that State Farm customers need and deserve during a claim call during the time allotted to do so. I will NEVER go back there. I'd rather work for McDonalds lol.
They lost some really good employees, who bled State Farm blood.
Pros
Great benifits package
Cons
Micromanagement
Regular Job
Insurance claims assistant (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 16, 2018
When I first started, I would set up insurance claims and file police reports, which is what the initial job description was. Eventually, I was only taking inbound calls, which was like a call center. Management did not care about this big change and the agency that I was hired through, did not seem to care or place me in another site. The job became very stressful, my commute was at the minimum an hour to and from, plus I was not able to get by financially and I had to move back with a relative.
Pros
initially liked setting up insurance claims.
Cons
Distance, pay, workload change suddenly
State Farm was a nice place to work and I was very productive during my 32 years there.
Claims Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 7, 2018
Overall I would recommend anyone to work for State Farm it is a good company to work for. The benefits are very rewarding. It is a company that has been around over 90 years.
Pros
Ordering a free gift for ur Christmas milestone years with the company and retirement.
Cons
Short hreaks
Busy
Claims Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 22, 2018
Micromanaged, not able to take off when emergencies arose unless it was covered by FMLA. Pay was not enough to live on and lack of significant raise. I do enjoy my coworkers.
Catastrophe Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 13, 2018
I enjoyed my time with State Farm. My only reason for leaving was because of my growing family. I really don't have too much to say besides it's a great place to work.
Very friendly and clean workplace environment
Claims Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 4, 2018
I'm a problem solver so the most enjoyable part of the job was helping people with their problems. During my time at State Farm I learned how to listen before I speak.
Pros
1 Hour Lunch
We had games, picnics something for every month
Claims Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 14, 2018
Very busy, learned multiple jobs. Management was great. Was a excellent place to work, diverse cultures. There was nothing hard about my job. Maybe challenging. The most enjoyable was to work for State Farm Insurance.
Pros
Always food in the office of some sort.
Cons
Everything was great
I wouldn't have left if job didn't move out of state
Claim Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILFebruary 12, 2018
I enjoyed my job was sorry that I couldn't stay. It was a good place to work for or I wouldn't have stayed for 25 years. My job kept me busy all day and if I finished my work I could always find something to do.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Lost my job
fun work place
Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 26, 2017
assisting in claims, worked as a claims rep, transferred customers to whomever handling their claims. Management are great. I never had any issues. I loved it there.
Summary
Claim Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYDecember 7, 2017
Assist claim handlers in setting up claim files, filing correspondence and other material related to claim records, set up

new claims by taking lost report calls from Insures, claimants and other parties involved in motor vehicle accidents,

Update claim files daily.

Heavy phone communication with various parties, act as relief receptionist- cover for lunch breaks and vacations, act as

translator for Spanish speaking callers, heavy faxing, copying and filing of Subpoenas and other correspondence.

Update Claim Representatives calendars for court dates and various appointments.

Functional Spanish Facilitator

Various Administrative duties
Stable and Secure Company.
CLAIM SERVICE ASSISTANT, SIU (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach FLNovember 26, 2017
Stable and secure company. However, workplace culture has changed a lot since I retired. Good benefits. Not easy to get time off even though you earned it.
Pros
Pension plan in addition to 401K
Cons
Difficult to get time off from work
Great place
Auto Claim Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VANovember 10, 2017
Great benefits, great co workers great management, good opportunities, Able to help employees with all types of training. The training its great and helpful.

53.5K
42.7K
32K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Reviews by Location