State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Claims Associate

Found 501 reviews matching the search See all 9,357 reviews
Great company
Claims Associate PIP/MPC (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 20, 2019
Great company to work for. Everyone is super friendly, work environment it great, not stressful. Work scheduling is also easy and convenient. Managers work with you
Not Good Hopefully things have changed
Initial Loss Reporting Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 20, 2019
The management here in AZ is not great at all. I feel as though they missed the vision set out by corporate. I hope that things have changed. State Farm has a big building but the name and the business has changed.
Claims
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 14, 2019
You handle customer claims. You make liab decisions and set them up repairs. Management is great. I learned to answer phones. The hardest part is the scheduling. I liked coworkers.
A place to learn what a very structural work place
Staff Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMarch 14, 2019
I learned about time management
How to be flexible
Be a great team player and team mate
How to have great customer service skills
How to manger work and life
Pros
They have great benefits
Cons
Very hard to get days off
Productive and Learning experiences
Injury Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 5, 2019
Great Company to work for great benefits. Advancements within the company. Ability to learn all new different positions. Meet many new people from all over the United States
Great Environvent
Loss Reporter/Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAMarch 5, 2019
Great place to work for a starter job, growth potential is high if you are willing to work for it. benefits are fair and so are the hours. The company's corporate structure allows for a fair working environment.
its all a numbers game
Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 5, 2019
They don’t consider employees and people. They are all about numbers. My work was great. Customers loved me. Even my stats were above the charts but unfortunately I had a couple of medical/dental related mishaps and they are very strict in regard to attendance.
Cons
Attendance policy
Typical/Sometimes Stressful
CLAIMS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2019
Most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked with. Working claims setting an expected number per day was stressful. Management was good. I learned a lot.
Claims Associate
Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 3, 2019
After a background of positions with smaller or family firms, my experience as an employee with State Farm was a first for me working for such a large, well-organized corporation. A complete and different approach then I had ever been through before starting from the application, interview, onboarding, and job-specific training to the actual job itself. I found the management to be focused on the team success and well directed, chain of command well defined.
As a team member on a call center customer service position, I was subject to review and feedback at any given time by management but also had support whenever needed. The workplace culture was friendly, encouraging and positive.
Pros
Great overall team environment
Cons
They closed operations and I did not have tenure to continue.
Review
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 2, 2019
It is a good company to work for if all you want to do is handle customer calls all day for low pay. Advancement with this company is nonexistent unless you know someone or have a family member in higher management.
Benefits
Cons
Pay and career advancement
Productive work place
PIP/MPC Claim Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2019
A typical day was reviewing medical reports and bills. Verifying the injuries that were billed were related to the motors vehicle accident. If so, pay them up until policy policy limits. Review any Arbitraton or Law Suits that come in for processing.
not enough training
CLAIMS ASSOCIATE-INJURY (Former Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYFebruary 25, 2019
State Farm Training was not structured enough.
Trainer was more interested in applying her makeup
A lot of the training was spent on things that did not pertain to job.
Pros
Manager was awsome
Cons
Work hours low pay
morale low due to poor managemant
Express Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAFebruary 25, 2019
micromanagement is an understatement at this place. They work you like a robot with no empathy. Overtime is a gift and a curse, Was a good company to work for at one point
Pros
work is easy
Cons
management is terrible
One of the few things I regret in life.
Express Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 21, 2019
It seemed like an easy approach. Get a job at the State Farm offices in downtown - I lived so close, I was walking to work! Training was 7 weeks, all paid. Spent 3 days of training only on benefits, including that education is paid by State Farm.
I appreciate learning more about insurance, risk management, duties owed, and auto-mechanical.This information and skill I will use elsewhere in life.
Like any office situation, coworkers love you, hate you, or don't interact at all. Win some, lose some, don't cry over it.
Like any insurance company, there is a lot of paperwork. I love processing policy and red-tape; I actually navigate it well. But the biggest reason a manager hesitates to fire someone at State Farm is the amount of bureaucratic oversight that goes into the process. It does happen - but people will more often leave because the work stress is unforgiving.
This company has been losing money hand over fist for a few years now. Insurance is a stiff and competitive industry. State Farm employees regularly talk about how stupid their customers, or "insureds", are. An internal motto is "We cover stupid". Sorry to say, its a well-founded motto.
State Farm only looks out for itself. The employee benefits and pay, the coverages for the customers, the payouts due to policyholders' actions, even its marketing strategies - these are all to cover all possible risk and set the company up to be well-off. The company does not look out for employees - it looks out for what is a possible risk to itself. Any effort State Farm puts into an employee is demanded tenfold.
When I left,
  more... coworkers in the next classification up were on mandatory overtime of 20 hours a week. State Farm doesn't schedule 40 hours, rather 38.75 hours a week. Usually overtime is voluntary.  less
Benefits
Cons
High-stress work environment, Management, Left hand meet Right hand communication
Fun and light culture
Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 19, 2019
Workplace culture was fun and upbeat
Management was involved and encouraging
Great work and life balances
Accommodations for workers who needed it
Great employee benefits
Don't work here! Run for the hills!
Express Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 7, 2019
One of the most stressful jobs I ever had. It literally made me contemplate suicide on more than one occasion. But you know you get great benefits without any work-life balance even though they claim you do. Every six months you have to fight to keep your schedule and once you get a new one, then you're assigned to a new manager. So now you have to rearrange your life around this new schedule even if it doesn't work for you and build a rapport with your new manager and team. Yay! And, God forbid your child gets sick and you have to leave to take care of them. Now you're written up or you've gotten points. But, wait, I thought they promoted work-life balance? Who are they kidding? Call off sick - you're punished for that too. It all adds up to you being a bad worker. Then after two of three occurrences (sick leave or being tardy), you can't be promoted even if you're a top performer. It's not worth it. They treat their workers like scum but expect you to be the best while sucking the blood out of you. Here's my advice: work for Geico, or, perhaps, go work with Flow cause the lizard and the brunette might be better for you. At least, they seem nice from the commercials. But, whatever you do don't work for State Farm. Run for the hills!
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Everything I mentioned in my review
Nice place with a nice view
Claims Associate - Total Loss (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 5, 2019
It was nice. People are friendly and the environment is relaxed. Managers can be a bit lacking when it comes to product knowledge. PTO system isn't the most ideal
Its okay
CLAIM ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 5, 2019
it is what you make it. the most important aspect is to build and maintain relationships. from my experience its about who know rather than the work you put in.
Every second of your day is tracked
Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2019
As a claims associate you will be taking phone calls all day from customers who are usually less than happy.
Every second is tracked, lag behind anywhere and they will have reason to fire you.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Salary compensation less than other insurance companies offer for similar position
It is what you make it
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 4, 2019
Statefarm is an overall great company to work for.
The call center environment is not for everyone and its a lot of metrics and micro-managing. its not a relaxed or easy space to work you have to be mentally prepared everyday before arriving work. I/m stallion my first year and I realized right away this is not long term for me. Again everyone is different, I have co workers that love it here.
Pros
job security, a lot of free time opportunities, great culture
Cons
Micro-managing, All about Metrics, can encounter extremely rude customers

53.4K
42.7K
32K

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

74%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

59%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss