State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Claims Associate

Found 467 reviews matching the search See all 8,813 reviews
Temporary
Claim Associate - ILR Fire Flex (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXDecember 6, 2018
This was a temporary opportunity that helped me to get back on my feet; there was no real future in it. I did appreciate the opportunity immensely at the time though.
Fast paced insurance customer service.
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WA 98402December 4, 2018
This job is mainly taking calls from customers and service providers concerning existing auto claims. Fast paced in a continually evolving environment, stressful but with solid manager support. Job security, but career advancement often means relocating.
The pay is great but not what it should be for my position
Team Lead/Claim Associate (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GADecember 3, 2018
The job used to be more relaxed & enjoyable. Now it is all about numbers. How many calls did you take. How long is your average call. How good is your available time. How high is your after call work. Everything is now tracked. Aside from that, that pay is good. Benefits are good.
Benefits
Cons
Everything is now tracked.
Call Center Redundancy
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 2, 2018
State Farm is a good place to work if insurance is your thing. I took this job because California was too expensive. Working in a call center things get redundant. You take the calls and file the claims. Read the same word track etc. It's gets a bit old day after day and it can be hard to consistently be empathetic and on point in customer service. Pay is better than most entry jobs in PHX valley but much lower than other insurance companies. The training is pretty good but it's textbook training and differs greatly than what you're expected to do on the floor. Promotions are spotlighted in training like they give them out like cookies, but that's far from the truth. I would love to have more variety in my work or at least get paid more to deal with the boringness of it. Benefits are good, and there's a good culture there. I just need more money and am looking elsewhere.
Pros
Job culture, can work 4 10s, good PTO
Cons
low pay compared to competitors, redundant work, feel robotic
Exciting/Fast-paced environment
Claims Associate - Express (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2018
Continuous learning environment. Management always provided coaching and skills enhacements to help advance in your career. Weekly performance reviews were a great way to obtain constructive criticism and offer tools to work through any forseen circumstances or situations that could pose problems down the line
Cons
Not much flexibility with requested time off, Had to be scheduled far in advance and points were easy to accumulate
Great atmoshpere and benefits
Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 28, 2018
Great company to work for, the most caring about their team players.They have the most wonderful benefits and ergonomic practices. Managers make you feel like part of a team not just a number.
Great training, unpleasant experience
Express Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 27, 2018
Received great training and information as a stepping stone into insurance. No work life balance, the company does not care about their employees.Nice bonuses, but very hard to move up in the company unless you are well at being a managers favorite. Very micro managed.
Great place to start if you're looking to go into insurance field
Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 25, 2018
The potential for job advancement is slow but it was a nice place to work. I personally don't enjoy the call center environment. That was my only major dislike.
Subject to change
Claim Associate-Express (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 24, 2018
Change is always consistent which isn't an issue. However, when changes are made they don't adjust everything to fit that change. They change one thing and expect everyone to fall in line with it while keeping up with the same old metric set for the old processes.
Moving into the 21st century....haphazardly
Express Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 19, 2018
State Farm is an established company with a solid and professional atmosphere and an open environment that makes working between lower management and operational employees an inviting workplace.

That being said, State Farm is like a slow moving freighter with established ways that is trying to make too fast and sudden of a turn. As an agent based company, State Farm has made a rapid change to a system where agents play less of a role in claims than they did previously. With this transition, they've done a poor job of giving agent's office the resources and knowledge of new claims operating procedures. The tools they've provided to their claims departments has been adequate at best. Several systems that more technologically forward companies, like Geico, have discarded and moved on, State Farm is just now adopting.
Pros
Longstanding, professional culture
Cons
Lower pay for claims representatives than comparable positions at other insurance companies, behind the times on technological

Want to know more about State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company?

Ask a question
Productive company who stands behind their values
Claim Associate (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GANovember 16, 2018
I enjoy working for the company, and though I had NO issues with adherence, I do feel that their system is not built for helping people establish longevity with their company. In addition to that, the mandatory overtime was excessive and brutal to the point where we were forced to spend the night at work some days.
Pros
paid training and ability to excel within various departments
Cons
overkill on mandatory overtime, and point system
High Volume call center with increasing presure to do more with less
Claim Associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 15, 2018
State Farm will tell you every day what a great company they are to work for, but they could really could care less about their employees or customers. State Farm is all about beating the competition, so call center employees are pressured to get the customer off the phone and get right into the next call. The expectations are clear just not sustainable long term. The use of overtime to meet demands is the norm not the exception and they will make it mandatory. That along with solid weeks of black out days to request for time-off and shift-bidding make the work life balance terrible. They do have some great perks (discount programs, all the insurances, retirement and pension).
benefits
Cons
work/life balance
Very repetitive call center environment.
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 14, 2018
If you are okay with an entry level job with few opportunities for advancement, then State Farm might be the place for you. However, the work is very repetitive and working in a call center environment can be very stressful. Do you enjoy talking on the phone all day either answering questions or talking with frustrated customers? If not, then you might want to look for employment elsewhere.
A good place to work
Claims Associate, Express Claims Dept (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 14, 2018
I learned alot working for State Farm Insurance. the managers and team leads are helpful and encouraging.

I learned to manage my time, due to the metrics used to track my time management.

I met many good quality people while working there.
Pros
Work schedule was good. I worked Mon-Fri., 8am-5pm.
Cons
Scheduled breaks were sometimes changed without notice, We were required to check our time schedule every 15 min. for changes, A lot of different metrics for different parts of job performance
Productive place to work; constantly busy.
Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2018
I enjoyed working the 15 months with the Atlanta Hub location; However, I have reapplied with them and several other locations and nothing not even an Interview; I was a good worker in my department first to arrive and last to leave; I went beyond Remarkable toward Customers in giving my all; I would love to be rehired in the Fire Department where my Friend is an Associate and a Board Member; she is familiar with my work and my Character. My day would start with the answering of phone to assist customers who had recent accident; I would get help speedily to them, road service, renter, set up repair if vehicle was not total, investigated to see who was at liable for the accident; brought claim to resolution; paid out claim. I would do other tasks that included mail, calling Customers, faxing, copying material needed to speed process of claim. I really did enjoy my job. My hardest part of the job was been value and view by my Manager as a skilled worker.
Pros
free prizes and rewards offered to employee, education advancement.
Cons
short lunch, reduced from one hour to 45 minutes.
Great team environment, wonderful managers
Claims Associate - Auto ILR (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 7, 2018
I have had a great experience with state farm, they are always looking for ways to help you improve and enhance your career. Great perks and benefits.
Pros
great environment
n/a
Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2018
the company has changed since I was last there. when i got there it was laid back and the mangers really wanted to see you advance and do well. Now they micromanage and want to put more work on your plate with no pay.
State farm
Claim Associate (Former Employee) –  DuPont, WANovember 3, 2018
Overall great company and great people, I enjoyed working here but my office was closed permanently and the new office location was too far for me to commute daily.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Managers are not consistent and each one has their own rules.
Enjoyed my coworkers and managers
Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 3, 2018
Fun place to work. Took me some time to get up to speed because I was afraid I was going to miss something on a claim. Once I figured out how to review new claims and police reports I met or exceeded my productivity rate requirements. My first manager was new to her role as well so it was a learning curve for both of us.
Pros
Fun team atmosphere
Cons
Schedule adherence- no flexibility when to take breaks or lunches
If you are over 40 this company does not value you...
Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 3, 2018
Open age discrimination and cheating so employees can meet their metrics and the ones who cheat get promoted.
If one manager does not like, they can ruin your employment at this company.
Corporate talks about valuing people, but all they care about is money.
Management is bogged down on processes that are redundant and antiquated.
Pros
Great health insurance.

53.3K
42.5K
31.8K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

73%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

58%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss