State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Claims Processor

Found 196 reviews matching the search See all 9,551 reviews
State Farm
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJMarch 22, 2019
State Farm was by far the best place to work. Salary was very competitive. Cost of Living adjustments were also included and very much appreciated. The office worked together as a family.
Interesting work
Claim Processor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 12, 2019
It was interesting to see the vehicle types and the different costs to repair them. I enjoyed talking to and helping customers deal with the unexpected.
Decent place to work
Claims ILR/Processor (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAMarch 12, 2019
SOME of the managers are really nice, the others are on a power trip. The people I worked with were fantastic I'm glad I got to know them when I did. It can be really stressful during hurricane season alot of overtime as you want it. sometimes you have to do mandatory overtime but you have the option of breaking it up (at least when i was there anyway)
Pros
good food but it can be expensive
Call Center
Claim Processor (Former Employee) –  Concordville, PAFebruary 4, 2019
Inbound call center Extremely stressful call center work
micro management terrible work/life balance.....................................................
Pros
Cons
stressful, micro management
Nice Place
Customer Care/Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJanuary 30, 2019
Some Managers micro manage, Most don't.IT all depends what manager you get. They allow you to switch your schedule with other people which makes it really convenient.
State Farm provided with me with a wonderful career that allowed me to have a comfortable life style.
Claim Processor (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 25, 2019
Great coworkers and management who handle a large volume of claims daily. Many different departments available for employment opportunities and advancement opportunities especially if you are mobile.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Stressful
good work environment
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 25, 2018
I enjoyed providing good customer service to our policyholders. i enjoyed my work environment & worked with great people. I enjoyed my time with State Farm.
Pros
good benefits
Use to be great place to work!
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNNovember 13, 2018
Due to changes in benefits, it was clear to all which employees received good ratings and we became targeted by work bullying from those who tried to get better EPR’s but lacked work ethic. Instead of management addressing it correctly, they tried to “keep the peace” and say to the parties involved what they wanted to hear without having truth behind it. It became too stressful and many people were isolated by peers for doing a good job and beyond.
Pros
Steady income
Cons
Salary, time off changes, time off requests denied more than given
Employment is better in cities with office hubs.
Claim Processor - Total Loss (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 5, 2018
In the past this was a top notch company to work for, most recently the culture has changed. Company seems to be more about the bottom line than about employees. They have great benefits if live where main office hubs are.
production oriented work environment
Claims Processor ECIM Flex Team (Current Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 15, 2018
Currently work consists of production oriented, push the work out with little to no detail to quality and customer service to which I am accustomed to from when I first began with this company. The consolidation of many offices that focused on the customers are being closed and relocated to "hubs" in various parts of the United States. If you are not willing to move then our jobs are being dissolved.
The company as a whole with pay, and benefits has been excellent and treated me quite well. I can't complain a bit.
Some of the executive decisions on direction this company needs to go I feel is not right but time will tell. This is merely a personal observation after 38 years of seeing many changes happen.
Pros
Great benefits and 401K options
Cons
lack of personal relations toward employees
State Farm Insurance
Auto Claim Processor (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIOctober 9, 2018
The State Farm Insurance company in Portage Michigan is closing and that is why I left their employment. I enjoyed learning about the auto insurance industry from them and would have stayed employed there had they not been closing that location.
Not enough structure
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 2, 2018
Its has been a long time since I worked for them. At the time of employment everything was fine. Enjoyed working storm duty. Would get to meet new people and help with recovery work.
Very busy, fast pace environment
Claim Processor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 28, 2018
During my work day at State Farm, I answered incoming calls, handled property damage total loss for approximate 10 different states. The hardest part of my job was telling people they didn't have the necessary coverage to process their property claims. The most enjoyable part of my job, was being able to explain the claim process and handling claims to the end. I learned from this job not take what people say about you personally and I learned how to understand what people are going through during the claim process. My main goal was to help people recover from the unexpected after all that's what we did.
Pros
Having managment available when needed, working in a team enviroment, and we all became a family away from home.
Cons
Contacting insureds/claimants within 24 hours of receiving new claim.
State farm is a great work place
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 17, 2018
The work is not hard. Fast paced but easy. Nice work environment. Great pay and easy going supervisors. Health benefits the day you start. Metrics are not hard to meet.
Pros
Nice place to work and great pay
Cons
Attendance policy is a no fault policy
Unwillingness
Auto Claims Specialist/ Processor (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHAugust 29, 2018
Work place culture was dead, Upper management changed and the company when down hill quick. A great family oriented company that cared about their employees and customers went to not caring about their employees and only about the customers. Moral went way down
Life long work/family
Claim Processor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 23, 2018
Claim Center was closed in Albuquerque, and all employees were laid off. Most employees were with the company 20 plus years. The company was very generous with relocation and severance packages.
Work as a team
Auto Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAAugust 8, 2018
Everyone is willing to assist you to make sure you succeed and are willing to help you reach your goals. There are a lot of opportunities for growth.
Express Claims Associate
Auto ILR Claim Handler (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 6, 2018
On boarding and training were my best moments at State Farm, once they get you on the floor, they like to incorporate "Non-Optional OT" If you do not work your share of mandatory hours, you'll be labeled someone who is not a team player. Once this happens, you'll never be selected to do anything besides work at your desk.
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
Intense micromanagement, no work life balance or understanding
Not the same State Farm
CLAIM SPECIALIST / CLAIM PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 16, 2018
While the compensation package is still one of the best in the industry, the culture, work life balance, and job security have taken a nose dive in the last few years. What used to be a job where I could be proud of the company I worked for and I was valued for the quality of the work I performed over the quantity of claims worked had definitely become the exact opposite. The job is so stressful that you feel too drained to do anything after work. If you happen to be in a department that does not mandate overtime, you often feel like you HAVE to work overtime just to keep up. It really is sad, because this USED to be a great company to work for.
Pros
direct supervisors are generally very good, compensation is good
Cons
poor work life balance, very stressful, pushing quantity over quality at the expense of customer experience and employee satisfaction
Once was a great place to work; all of that changed
Claim Processor (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAJuly 12, 2018
Productive and fun work place for the first 24 years; then changed their policies and the way of handling things - closing offices - shifting employees responsibilities; no consistency in management - only concern was the numbers....not the care for the customer; lost the "State Farm Family" feel.
Pros
co-workers were great
Cons
constant shifting of management and employee responsibilities, loss of the once great customer service that State Farm was known for

53.5K
42.7K
32K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company.

Powered by Comparably