State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Claims Representative

Field Claims-best job in the country
Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 21, 2018
Fun and challenging job. Enjoyed the field work and autonomy. Management was very supportive. The only suggestion I have is to provide more ongoing and consistent training to keep updated on cutting-edge technology and best business practices.
Pros
Management empowered employees to do their jobs and supported their employess.
Cons
Large company, too much of a corporate stategy, they need to have more regional specific strategies since each state and/or region is different.
Good company and immediate leadership, poor work/life balance , out of touch senior leadership
Claim Specialist / Representative (Former Employee) –  Concordville, PASeptember 11, 2018
Recent senior leadership change over past few years unhealthy for company and employee. Lack of emphathy. Wanting to provide customer focus but not treating employees consistently and fair.
ok place to work
CLAIMS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 4, 2018
This was a pretty good place to work most of the time. Work/life balance can be difficult at times and sometimes overtime is mandatory in order to meet needs.
Not the same company I started with 27 years ago.
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLSeptember 4, 2018
Normal eight hour work day.
I meet many interesting personalities over the years.
Management was top notch.
Very exciting work place.
I really enjoyed helping families overcome hardship.
Great Company
Claims Representative-Subrogation (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 26, 2018
Great Company to work for. Opportunity for advancement within company is pretty good if willing to relocate currently. On the job training when I started was A+.
Operations
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 22, 2018
The operations side of the house is a great place to work. The claims side was a high pressured environment. The supervisors really tried to make it better by providing opportunities to have some fun through team competitions during special events or holidays. Every so often they would cater meals.
Pros
Supportive environment, developmental opportunities
Cons
limited places to work, claims is a high volume high pressure environment
Trust me its still the best.......in the industry
CLAIM REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 20, 2018
Leaving State Farm to go to a competitor to wok for was my single largest mistake professionally I have ever made. I miss it dearly and would trade my job back for a career there in a moment. So sad I left
Pros
WOrk Life balance - when your shift is over, the work doesnt follow you into the next day
Cons
micro managed on task productivity
Nice building, but poor management
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 16, 2018
Not the best, but not the worst. I definitely would never go back. It's not easy to advance in this company. The hours are long and the pay could be a lot higher. You are micromanaged all the time!!! Nice building, but that doesn't cut it for me.
Benefits
Cons
Hours, Mandatory OT, lack of support from management, micromanaged.
Na
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 14, 2018
Handle inbound calls from State Farm policy holders who needs assistance filing a claim.
Completely file home fire, water and natural disaster claims.
Complete auto lost, accident and weather damage claims.
Advise policy holders on Vendors that are available in customers area.
typical day at work
Fire Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 6, 2018
handled commercial losses, poor management, no direction, no training provided to perform job duties, no positive feedback provided, adjusters work on their own.
Pros
field
Cons
field
Great Pay and Benfits,But Not As Good As It Used To Be
Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COAugust 4, 2018
This is a large stable company with a definite top down management style. Just do the work and keep your head down. The pay and benefits are still good relative to the current job market but not as good as it once was.
Pros
Large, stable company with decent pay and benefits
Cons
Claims work is not pleasant, you have to have a thick skin to do the job.
Very helpful management with clear vision of employee advancement.
MPC Claim Representative for Ill (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 29, 2018
Excellent company to work for. Job security was never in doubt, friendly environment with excellent management. Advancement was present for those interested. Relocation was available for those who were interested.
Pros
Always able to take time off when needed.
Cons
State Farm closed down all claim offices in Michigan, I had to leave because of this.
Good Company
PROVIDER CLAIM REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 28, 2018
Enjoyed my time there. Answering customer calls kept me going the entire day. The company gives employees resources to be successful at their jobs. Great company
Ok at first but down hill fast
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 18, 2018
When you start the day is nice and you drink the cool aid but there is little room to advance unless you relocate to a central hub. The raises are horrible, my 1 year raise was less then $0.20 and the management as some bright spots but don't actually help with anything. State farm will continue to go down hill if they don't change alot to remain competitive.
Pros
Good start pay, good benefits
Cons
Poor raises, bad management, no room to advance
Everybody was always WILLING to help if a CSR needed anything.
Claims Representative ILR (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 16, 2018
State Farm was the BEST company I’ve ever worked for. I was sad because I was a temp. I would loveeee to go back and work with State Farm. Awesome company and the professionalism with all employees was phenomenal.
Overall a great place to work
Auto Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 13, 2018
Great place to work if are willing to be flexible and a life time learner. Be prepared for managers who are inexperienced and inconsistent. The opportunity to advance your insurance education and personal growth are plentiful for the self motivated.
Pros
great future
Cons
managers are often unprepared and inconsistent
Stable company
Auto Bodily Injury Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJuly 11, 2018
Employees are friendly and some will assist with any questions or concerns. Some management was very helpful and resourceful. The overall company is a good company.
Great place to learn and grow
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJuly 9, 2018
Down home friendly work place with strong corporate culture and many pot lucks. Phones were intense and we had to cater to Agents with long term customers. We had to be on time and we worked a lot of overtime to keep up with customer demand and to extend our good customer service.
Pros
pension
Cons
heavy phones
Things are changing
Fire Claim Representative- Handling (Current Employee) –  Western Unitited StatesJuly 1, 2018
Company used to be a great place to work, family oriented, after work activities and weekends with co-workers. Employees and managagment cared for one another. Changes in cultural now don't allow for anyof that. Its all about numbers. How many calls can you make, how many homes can you see, how many hours can you work. The company is reducing the number of employees and I am being let go. I wish all my fellow employees good luck.
Pros
pay
Cons
stressful work environment, micro-managed, long hours away from home
Need to be the right kind of person
Fire Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 30, 2018
Be prepared to spend your entire day staring at a computer screen. It is a good job for a non-active person. The benefits are good but the monotony and repetition gets to you after a while.

53.1K

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Reviews by Location