State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Claims Representative

Found 259 reviews matching the search See all 8,667 reviews
Company is falling apart
Claim Representative- Homeowners & Auto (Former Employee) –  Concordville, PANovember 2, 2018
I worked for State Farm for 12 years. It was a great company many years ago. Unfortunately, they no longer value their employees. Management can be very sneaky, there are definitely clicks. They are making it impossible to advance, unless you are willing to uproot your entire family and move across the country on your own dime. I have witnessed long term employees be let go due to outsourcing, while other departments were hiring for the same position. There is extreme lack of communication and care for work/life balance. It is a shame to see a great company turn into such a nightmare.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Micro-management, corporate games
State Farm was great company to work for and learn alot.
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Long Island, New YorkOctober 15, 2018
I obtained a lot of experience from the company. I hope to find another company with same goals and experience which would help me in my career. I had a lot of enjoyable days at work and helping the company reach it's goals.
great career opportunity
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAOctober 13, 2018
comprehensive training and support, set schedule and competitive pay, benefits are excellent. Diverse and inclusive staff with many opportunities for advancement
Good training, excellent stability
Claims representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 30, 2018
State Farm above all, trains it employees. The training is excellent, the benefits are good, and salary is competitive The only down side is every few years the Company "reorganizes" under new executive leadership, and employee mobility is necessary to accomplish this.
Pros
Pay, benfits, traininhg
Cons
You'll be asked to move if you wish stay with the company.
Time Management is a must. Like every job, there are ups and downs.
Personal Injury Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 30, 2018
Overall, a sold company to work for. Since the company has been in transition for the past few years, many offices are closing. Thus, causing a lot of stress for families. The vision of the company has changed, as the main focus is on the numbers, and less about the people. Direct management that you report to is very good. Very sympathetic and works hard to accommodate their own employee.
Pros
I've had good management over the years.
Cons
A little challenging to get time off.
Work Life
Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 25, 2018
While working at State Farm it was hard at time to have a complete work-life balance because what was required from you out of the job. The job at times could be stressful.
Don't work here
CLAIM REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOSeptember 21, 2018
They do not care about you. They will ask that you work 15-20 hours of OT every week while trying to maintain high standards of quality with low raise and pay.
Field Claims-best job in the country
Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 21, 2018
Fun and challenging job. Enjoyed the field work and autonomy. Management was very supportive. The only suggestion I have is to provide more ongoing and consistent training to keep updated on cutting-edge technology and best business practices.
Pros
Management empowered employees to do their jobs and supported their employess.
Cons
Large company, too much of a corporate stategy, they need to have more regional specific strategies since each state and/or region is different.
Faced paced and energetic job
Fire Claim Representative (Current Employee) –  Tracy CA working remotelySeptember 13, 2018
I have been employed with this company for 22 years and I have made life long friends. Everyday is never the same in fire claims. You are able to meet and help someone everyday recover from the unexpected. Being a claim representative is very rewarding and fulfilling.
Pros
Helping the policyholder
Cons
It's not your average 40 hour desk job
Good company and immediate leadership, poor work/life balance , out of touch senior leadership
Claim Specialist / Representative (Former Employee) –  Concordville, PASeptember 11, 2018
Recent senior leadership change over past few years unhealthy for company and employee. Lack of emphathy. Wanting to provide customer focus but not treating employees consistently and fair.
ok place to work
CLAIMS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 4, 2018
This was a pretty good place to work most of the time. Work/life balance can be difficult at times and sometimes overtime is mandatory in order to meet needs.
Not the same company I started with 27 years ago.
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLSeptember 4, 2018
Normal eight hour work day.
I meet many interesting personalities over the years.
Management was top notch.
Very exciting work place.
I really enjoyed helping families overcome hardship.
Great Company
Claims Representative-Subrogation (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 26, 2018
Great Company to work for. Opportunity for advancement within company is pretty good if willing to relocate currently. On the job training when I started was A+.
Operations
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 22, 2018
The operations side of the house is a great place to work. The claims side was a high pressured environment. The supervisors really tried to make it better by providing opportunities to have some fun through team competitions during special events or holidays. Every so often they would cater meals.
Pros
Supportive environment, developmental opportunities
Cons
limited places to work, claims is a high volume high pressure environment
Trust me its still the best.......in the industry
CLAIM REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 20, 2018
Leaving State Farm to go to a competitor to wok for was my single largest mistake professionally I have ever made. I miss it dearly and would trade my job back for a career there in a moment. So sad I left
Pros
WOrk Life balance - when your shift is over, the work doesnt follow you into the next day
Cons
micro managed on task productivity
Nice building, but poor management
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 16, 2018
Not the best, but not the worst. I definitely would never go back. It's not easy to advance in this company. The hours are long and the pay could be a lot higher. You are micromanaged all the time!!! Nice building, but that doesn't cut it for me.
Benefits
Cons
Hours, Mandatory OT, lack of support from management, micromanaged.
Na
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 14, 2018
Handle inbound calls from State Farm policy holders who needs assistance filing a claim.
Completely file home fire, water and natural disaster claims.
Complete auto lost, accident and weather damage claims.
Advise policy holders on Vendors that are available in customers area.
typical day at work
Fire Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 6, 2018
handled commercial losses, poor management, no direction, no training provided to perform job duties, no positive feedback provided, adjusters work on their own.
Pros
field
Cons
field
Great Pay and Benfits,But Not As Good As It Used To Be
Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COAugust 4, 2018
This is a large stable company with a definite top down management style. Just do the work and keep your head down. The pay and benefits are still good relative to the current job market but not as good as it once was.
Pros
Large, stable company with decent pay and benefits
Cons
Claims work is not pleasant, you have to have a thick skin to do the job.
Very helpful management with clear vision of employee advancement.
MPC Claim Representative for Ill (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 29, 2018
Excellent company to work for. Job security was never in doubt, friendly environment with excellent management. Advancement was present for those interested. Relocation was available for those who were interested.
Pros
Always able to take time off when needed.
Cons
State Farm closed down all claim offices in Michigan, I had to leave because of this.

53.2K
42.5K
31.8K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight