State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Customer Relations Representative

Found 28 reviews matching the search See all 9,621 reviews
Na
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 8, 2019
Very stressful job! Expected to meet certain sales quote on life insurance in order to receive commission for other insurance (auto, home, etc.) all while being micromanaged.
Great Company
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 12, 2019
State Farm is ran by its each on individual Agent. Depending on their strategies and work ethic they produce and expect is how well you earn bonuses. I work for a top 50 agent in the country. Our office is fast pace but fun. Our boss aims for achievable goals and rewards for hitting those goals.
Pros
work hours and time off
Cons
no healthcare
Typical Day At Work
Client Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 14, 2018
Any job you may have in the company will have a fast pace environment , which is a great thing . There is many opportunities to advance in the company.
Worked for an agent
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 23, 2018
Every agent is different and runs his/her agency differently. Find a good agent and you'll love your job. Find a bad agent, and you'll hate it. The great thing about State Farm is that you'll learn something new every day.
Worse Job ever
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYSeptember 1, 2018
Do not work for SF. They work you to the bone, low pay, no benefits, staff is crazy.It was the worse experience of my life. The stress level drove me right outta there and straight to the hospital.
Pros
close to home
Cons
everything
Very Stressful.
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, IL 60191May 30, 2018
You have to be very motivated to work there. I ran out of patience due to my co workers stealing my car insurance policies. The Owner did not have a good understanding of managing people.
Pros
Commision
Cons
Timing
I worked for agents, not the corporation
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 12, 2018
Agents, of course, are small business owners. I did not technically work for State Farm because of this. This did limit the availability of benefits and upward mobility. I would have preferred working for the corporation itself. Overall, I think State Farm is a great company. My only issue was that I didn't have access to benefits because I worked for agents, and the pay working with agents wasn't as competitive either.
Good entry level job
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDOctober 23, 2017
You can learn a lot about insurance from this job. This position is mostly based on commission, so it can be a little stressful to make your quota every month.
Good company
Customer Relations Representative and Sales (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 10, 2017
There is never a day that isn't busy and there is always room to grow.... but the benefits aren't that great. You can keep advancing, which is great but State Farm's rates have increased which can be challenging to sell product.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Poor benefits
Very important to pay attention to detail
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 7, 2017
This is a very detail oriented job. I learned about different types of insurance, and requirements customers had to meet to be covered. Management does need improvement in the office I worked at. That is the reason I left.
fun work place and great place to work.
Customer relations/Generalist (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 5, 2017
I love working here its a great place to grow and learn. The boss is very understanding and work schedule is very flexible. Its a great work place and ive really enjoyed it.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no cons
Nice work environment.
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Waukee, IAJune 16, 2017
Small nice offices with small group of people. Work day starts at about 8:30 to 8:45. Need to be certified in insurance. Depending on the agent the day could be flexible day. Culture of the office is also determined by the agent.
Typical Retail Job
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 14, 2017
There was no work life balance. The people where great and is what made the day bearable. I would suggest working in Corporate but not in the store itself.
productive enviorment great work place
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 30, 2017
A typical day at State farm Insurance is pretty much busy.
I come in to work...I work on my emails take payment interact with customers. is a very lay back environment, everyone gets along and there are sometimes where it can get crazy where clients get frustrated but we work with them and make sure they leave happy after we have taken good care of them.
Pros
free lunches cool boss flexible
Small workplace, good people
SALES AND CUSTOMER RELATIONS (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 21, 2016
The clientele base was not the greatest, but the office was very small and intimate. Outside of myself there was 1 other employee and the office owner and that was it. Very good environment, I only left because I thought I found a better opportunity.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Small office; no privacy
Hard work, but fun depending on the boss you are under.
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 16, 2015
I love State Farm and wouldn't want to work for another Insurance Company, just because I know State farm has excellent morals and really cares about their clients and employees. For the sales position you really need to be focused and organized, but you can make it fun. This job is what you make it and you do set the pace and atmosphere. I say if you love to sale and you love people than you will love State Farm.
Pros
Bonuses, rewards for meeting goals
Cons
Work late and well over your 40 hr Salary
Excellent company to work with
Customer Relations Director (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIApril 29, 2015
Worked with clients to identify potential financial risks and dreams and provided insurance and financial solutions. Worked hard to meet and exceed customer expectations. The management was great and provided fun opportunities to earn additional income and rewards.
Pros
Team trips and dinners.
Cons
Lack of health, dental, disability and retirment benefits.
state farm customer relations rep
state farm customer relations representative (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXApril 3, 2015
go in set your bag or lunch bag where it goes, turn on computer make sure phone is working properly,
check your e-mail and voice mail, check how many customers you need to call for the day, ask agent if he/ she needs something,
co-workers are super nice and easy to talk to
Pros
pay and experience over all
Cons
days can be slow
Awesome people to work with but job was not great
Customer Relations Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 22, 2014
I wanted to try something by switching to State Farm because I knew some people there but i did not like the kind of job that we had to do. I love technology like video games, computers etc. and that was not doing it for me.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No benefits
Productive High Intensity
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  NYDecember 12, 2013
High intensity job. Enjoy the pace. Providing service to people in the community is rewarding. Able to make good pay if you work hard and meet goals outlined.

53.5K
42.7K
32K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

74%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

49%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss