State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Customer Representative

Found 30 reviews matching the search See all 9,560 reviews
Enjoyed my time at State Farm
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAMarch 11, 2019
Great company to work for. Offered flexible schedule, depending on your agent or office manager . Mine were both amazing and we became more like a family, I enjoyed my customers and built excellent relationships with them.
Pros
Flexability
Get a good agent or you will regret it.
Customer sales representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 13, 2018
I was hired in with a new agent, my coworkers and I had no previous insurance experience but were told we would get all the training we would need. This did not happen at all we were left to sink or swim. We were not allowed to ask questions of our agent or for help. In her 5 months of being open she has already had 4 people quite or be fired. I will soon be leaving as well due to being underpaid for my position. No one in the office has made commission as the requirements are set to high. Would not work for another state farm ever again.
Pros
Free food sometimes, birthday lunch
Cons
Not alot of PTO, promised we would get a base salary but at times we didn't, poor management skills, no training
Good job
Customer Response Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32256December 6, 2018
Its a good part time job for someone just starting out. The employers who worked there are very helpful to new people and the managers will help as well if you ask. Overall its ok. A job is a job.
Slow paced work environment
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindenhurst, NYSeptember 12, 2018
The agent that I worked under was great. He was encouraging and a good teacher. I enjoyed all of my co-workers and we were able to get along very well and work together on cases for clients.
Fast paced with heavy workload
Customer Response Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 6, 2018
High call volume environment with many inquires into policies and accounts as well as an abundance of claims to be filed. Very little down time in between calls.
Contacts
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 4, 2018
This is a job for someone who has a lot of contacts and have a lot of sales experience. Management was over stressed and hardly went to sleep. Every pay period was a different pay check.
Great fast paced environment to work
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Lauderhill, FLJanuary 26, 2018
A typical work day is always hectic, full of things to do. If the phones are not ringing there is always paper work to do. You are able to inform customers on why insurance is so important for their future security. Though working in an agents office you do not receive any benefits and no paid time off. I left for maternity leave unpaid and was not promised a seat since I was unsure on the time I could come back. I was always one of the top sales generators and I enjoyed the competition aspect of the job. I would work for State Farm again as I enjoyed the work I was doing.
Pros
Meaningful work
Cons
No benefits
Statet Farm was a good place to work
Customer Response Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 13, 2017
I enjoyed working for State Farm Auto Insurance though many times Call Center positions can lead to boredom they do offer quite a bit of varied types of calls.
Pros
varied calls, decent pay and benefits, and good management and coworkers.
Cons
inflexible job schedule
Customer Call Center
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 31, 2017
Difficult to work at a call center for 2 years and at night and weekends. Also, difficult to get on a day shift. Great diversity and inclusion and on-boarding program.
Call Center
Customer Response Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 7, 2017
Filed auto and home claims mostly. On the phone your entire shift. Talk to everyone from policyholders to agents to new customers. Can be stressful at times.
Easy work great pay
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 28, 2016
Life is too easy while working under Corporate, stay happy and no one bothers you. Just do what you do and life is great working at the corporate office.
Productive, Fast pace
CUSTOMER SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MOJune 6, 2016
Answer emails, make outbound calls, quote 4 households a day, Write 3+ households a week. Schedule appointments with clients. Pivot to other products such as life, health, bank, etc.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Sale Quotas
Great Experience
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYOctober 22, 2015
I was able to get experience dealing with costumers. I gained a lot of confidence because i was able to speak with costumers on the phone and in person.
Pros
Experience
Cons
n/a
Great hours
Customer Response Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlSeptember 8, 2015
The shifts were very flexible. You could select your own shift. If you needed a schedule that allowed you to pick kids up from school management would be sure to find you a schedule that would fit your needs,
great people and nice company
Customer Rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2015
Excellent within a high volume service-oriented company, demonstrating a talent for communication with customers from diverse backgrounds.
Handled all inbound calls professionally and directed customers to the appropriate operation department. Appointments were set, cancelled and rescheduled through the call center representatives.
Relaxed work environment
Customer Response Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 24, 2015
A typical days work consisted of customer service calls from policy holders, agents, and their office assistants. I learned a lot about how claims are processed. Management was typical. I met a lot of helpful people while working at State Farm. The hardest part of the job was the schedule. I wanted a full time position, but none came up in the time I was employed with them. The most enjoyable part of the job was the Schedule Trade Board, which allowed agents to post their hours for other agents to pick up and work for them. This allowed agents to take voluntary time off,and allowe others to gain overtime.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Not enought schedule options
Working at State Farm
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, OKMay 13, 2015
Working at State Farm was an enjoyable experience being able to help the clients with their needs. Being able to meet and succeed the goals was a challenge that is well worth the time. Each day brought new challenges that would make the work day interesting.
I love State FARM
Customer Response Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAApril 14, 2015
I love State Farm as a whole. I have car insurance with them and I enjoy working for them. The choices to expand and grow with the company is amazing.
Daily duties
Customer Response Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAOctober 24, 2014
State Farm is a great place to work with opportunities for advancement, but the pay is not competitive. The hardest part of the job is slim opportunity to gain full time positions. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I am able to help a customer in its entirety.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement, good employee benefits
Cons
Pay, shifts
Great team.
Sales team member/ Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OHSeptember 22, 2014
Great team. co-workers friendly. You work with a lot of clients, and you learn a lot of people skills.

53.5K
42.7K
32K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

74%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

49%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss