State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 895 reviews matching the search See all 9,184 reviews
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Blackfoot idFebruary 12, 2019
State farm is a great company to work for if you are a stay at home mom. The customers and the staff that i worked for were amazing I just needed more money
Pros
great people
Cons
selling
A fast paced call center with good leadership.
CCC Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILFebruary 12, 2019
The workload on a daily basis can be daunting but the superior leadership always helps to curve your morale for the company upward. Helping people to understand a bill or explaining why a rate was increased may not always be answered with kind words, it is important to remain calm and breath at those times. If needed supervisors do a fantastic job of giving time off the phone for a breather or a talk.
Productive and a fun place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moss Point, MSFebruary 11, 2019
Very nice place to work, but no room for advancement. I worked very well with my co-workers. My boss was very caring and very family oriented. It was a great place to work.
Pros
Lunch breaks at the time needed.
Cons
No breaks
Small Office and comfortable set up
Receptionist/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 7, 2019
I really enjoyed working for State Farm. I would go in at 12 noon to 5:00 PM. I learned several things with the insurance business, about the different coverage, how to cancel vehicles from a policy if they were having a replacement then I would forward it to the manager or the other agent. The manager was a fair man. The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with our customers, I enjoy working with people and helping them the best I can.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
No paid vacation for part time
Easy but boring work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 4, 2019
Overall, working for State Farm was fine, It was a very simple job that required almost no thinking at all. However, as with most customer service jobs, it was also very boring.
Stressful work with low pay.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 3, 2019
I have been working there only for a brief time. From my experience, I felt this is a very professional place to work, however it can be stressful due to high volume of phone calls and bad attitude customers. The salary and benefit can not support one self to live in the Bay Area.
Pros
Professional
Cons
Benefits and wages are minimal
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 1, 2019
I worked as a customer service representative helping clients obtain auto and homeowners insurance. I enjoyed interacting with the clients and ensuring that their needs were taken care of.
I left to go full time
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 28, 2019
I love that place manager was awesome it was laid back people are nice . They work together and praise you and see what then can do to help you achieve l
Pros
Made your own schedule
Cons
Didn't have enough hrs in a week to make things happen
Absolutely Terrible Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 27, 2019
NEVER AGAIN! The employees are treated extremely poorly and unfairly. Everyone that I knew personally has quit and has the exact same opinions about this company. Working here was Absolutely Terrible!!
Fast Paced company
Customer Service/Claims (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJanuary 27, 2019
State Farm is a good company to work for they care about their employees and they pay good. The most enjoyable thing about working at State Farm is allowing your customers to leave satisfied.
Pretty good job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 26, 2019
Enjoyed working here. Good location. Nice people. Competitive workforce. Can be flexible depending on who you work for. Overall good experience. And most likely will recommend it.
Customer service rep.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Park Forest, ILJanuary 25, 2019
Reviewing messages left on voicemail from previous night, contact customer regarding concerns. Collect payment from customers for policies, answering phone and direct to the appropriate representative to assist customer. I've improved in my customer service skills dealing with customers upset and redirecting them that thing will be handle in a timely manner. I enjoyed seeing the customer reassured that the matter at hand is being looked at a professional level. I love the close knit office setting. I enjoyed knowing at the end of the day the customers are satisfied.
Pros
Very professional office setting
Cons
no healthcare
Difficult to grow/advance at State Farm
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 21, 2019
Although, each agent is different at State Farm, my agent paid the employees very little, especially in comparison for the cost of living in San Francisco. She was nice, but there was tension in the office and alot of office politics. Passive aggression was something that i experienced everyday through my co-workers. When I first took the job, the agent told me that the team was like a family. I came to find out that everyone was only out for their own interests, and were quick to throw people under the bus in order to look better in the eyes of the agent. After my experience, I would not recommend State Farm to anyone.
Pros
Some flexibility on hours, healthcare
Cons
office drama, no clear communication, bad compensation/incentives
Overall I enjoyed it, but did not ever get paid a livable wage.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockford, MIJanuary 20, 2019
If you are working for an agent like I did, you basically do all the work and the agent gets the benefits. I enjoyed my job, but never felt we were paid fairly in comparison to agent commission from our sales and work. However, every agents office is different. The agents are allowed to determine how much they pay you and if they give you commission etc. I know some people in my same position at state farm but at other agents offices were paid very fairly and given commission. I was only given a set salary. Also, I had no benefits, health insurance, only my salary. But that is also up to the agent you work for. And you do not get discounts on your own personal insurance as an employee. I worked there 6 years and overall I liked it. I just wish they gave me health insurance and a raise. I only stopped working for State Farm because my office closed when my agent retired.
Pros
Flexible Kind staff
Cons
no benifits/ low wages
Insurance Agent/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJanuary 16, 2019
Working at a state farm insurance agents office overall was a great experience. Its a close-knit crew. Ours had trouble training new people, but was actively trying to improve every aspect of the business.
Snake Farm
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 15, 2019
I’ve worked at State Farm now for more than 2 years. The supervisors can be extremely petty and micro manage you even if they’re not your direct supervisor. Supervisors are always on their phone ,but as soon as we look at ours it’s a problem. I watched people be fired just because their supervisor didn’t like them or would dig up stuff from a year ago when they were under another supervisor. State Farm needs to update their systems.Their rates are always going up so you have to deal with angry customers And idiotic agents and their staff who are never held accountable like CCC reps are. The supervisors are unprofessional and gossip. They do nothing but baby sit so it’s an easy check for them. They dont get points or unplanned activity like we do and they act heartless when it comes to our situations. Oh and another thing watch out for your co workers they will snitch on you for the smallest things and your supervisor will keep it secret like you can address hear -say without knowing who said what. The benefits are the swap board and VTO to leave The trainings they offer are pointless and rushed.
Best owner/agent office to be a part of!
Licensed P&C and Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJanuary 6, 2019
Relaxed atmosphere, close knit office, easy to work around time needed off, professional and very hard working,loyal, and caring office. Upbeat and fun.Extensive training and learning environment!
Pros
Great boss, serious but easy going atmosphere.
Cons
Would like higher pay!
Great job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 2, 2019
I enjoyed my time with state farm while learning and growing consistently. I was young when I started and I feel I owe much of my professionalism to the experiences I had while employed.
Pros
Team environment, opportunities for cross training and advancement, company events
Cons
Towards the end of my employment i saw the beginning of many changes, Its not the same grassroots company it once was
Fun and nice place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 27, 2018
Building is always clean, work is easy, learning opportunities are given every day, workplace culture is friendly and inviting, the most enjoyable part of the job is talking to new people everyday and being able to be the source of help for customers
Its a great place to start making money.
Life Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILDecember 26, 2018
the job got old really fast. If you dont mind settling in a good company. This is for job is for you. They want you to grow within them. Not even the money could get me to stay. I had to follow my own dreams.
Pros
The money is good
Cons
The work life is mediocre

53.4K
42.6K
31.9K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company.

Powered by Comparably