State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 835 reviews matching the search See all 8,245 reviews
State farm is not the place to work in any department
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2018
State Farm does not have a good culture and the turn over is high due to management, pay, hours, etc. The benefits are great, but employees are micro-managed and do not have any job security. Employees can be sitting by you one day and the next day gone. Here today and gone tomorrow without any notice or reason for leaving. Employees are on a strict time schedule and use a time clock, which accrues points. I highly recommend running not walking away from this company. Life is too short!
Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks, Point System, Micromanagement, Poor Culture, & Schedule.
Good environment
Customer Service/Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2018
It is fast paced wtih incoming calls on after the other. Good guides and scripts that provide small window for error. Training was thorough and interactive.
Pros
Good healthy work environment
Cons
short breaks
Great For an Entry Level into Insurance
Licensed Insurance Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Learned so much about the insurance field through this experience at State Farm. You get to see the productive and competitive nature this business has along with how to better maintain and grow with customers through their experience with our office.
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXSeptember 16, 2018
Stressful and a high turn around rate. Never felt like a team member and no job security. Being micromanaged from the moment you got to work was not a great environment.
Poor Manager
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Falls, MNSeptember 12, 2018
Poor Manager. I loved the clients, but the agent in the office I worked in went through 12 staff members in 1 year. It was so bad. After 90 days, I was done.
Pros
My fellow staff members
Cons
Everything else
Good place to work, many advancement opportunities
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHSeptember 12, 2018
I started at State Farm in the Life Response Center. While there, I took 50-90 calls a day from agents and customers with questions about general insurance or financial issues. I moved to Application Processing after a few months, and appreciated a more relaxed work environment. Both positions were rewarding and well compensated.
Never again
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 11, 2018
Laid back environment on some days

Constant phone calls and must have conflict resolution strategies

Manage phone calls and walk in clients

Must be knowledgeable about their services
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXSeptember 10, 2018
was a very good place to work. good hours. very good with letting me take off when needed for personal reasons etc. learned a lot about insurance with good training.
Not a typical insurance job experience.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 7, 2018
Agent was due to retire in a few years. Was a very stress free environment. Felt that you were appreciated. The pay was great and she gave a lot of time for vacation and sick time.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Agent retired
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 5, 2018
Take a minute to review State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company.

About your reviews:•NEVER included with your job applications
•Posted anonymously on Indeed
CCC Service Review
CCC Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 4, 2018
This position was very relaxed and flexible with my school schedule. The work environment was great and there was opportunity to grow with the company.
Good company
Customer service sales (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 29, 2018
Good company, just didnt like the shifts offered, lots of opportunity to learn, advance, promotions, sometimes pressure to sell, management ok, hard to get saturdays off
Perfect place to work for people who are quick
Lorton - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAAugust 29, 2018
It gets stressful if you let your work to pile up. I learned a lot about customer care while I was working there. If your the only one there it gets tough and Stressful.
Pros
Free Lunch, easy going boss, not too stressful
Cons
Sometimes stressful
Great Co-Workers
Customer Service/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dandridge, TN 37725August 29, 2018
Friendly co-workers, great customers. Agent was under a lot of pressure so it was sometimes stressful, but we all worked as a team to make this agency successful.
Pros
Frequent surprises such as gift cards
Cons
Sometimes stressful
Depends which office you work at. It can be fast pace and competitive or slow and relaxing.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXAugust 29, 2018
Worked at three different offices and all had a different way of running. First was competitive and had its calm moments, second was calm all day long and third was fast pace and busy but never too stressful.
Quick pace environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 28, 2018
Typical day at work consist of making outbound phone calls to clients. State Farm is a very quick pace environment with making policy changes, updating account, processing payments, and underwriting changes. State Farm overall is a great place to work!
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Smethport, PAAugust 28, 2018
The agent that I worked for gave me a chance to become a great Customer Service Rep. He made each day enjoyable and rewarding. As a stepping stone in my Insurance Career I couldn't think of a better company or Manager to guide me through a awesome career path.
Pros
Great Boss and Company
No room for advancement and company's "growth strategy" is accomplishing the opposite
Customer Service Rep and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 27, 2018
Besides becoming an agent with my own State Farm agency, there is nowhere for me to go in my current position. The pay is mediocre at best and my benefits are non-existent. Due to the competitive nature of insurance sales, especially with the increase of price shopping done online, State Farms business model does not make me want to open up my own agency. I feel like your neighborhood State Farm agent is going to be a thing of the past, similar to your neighborhood Blockbuster store (Rest in Peace BB!).
productive and great workplace
Filing Folders Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clewiston, FLAugust 24, 2018
State Farm insurance is an excellent workplace area the environment is awesome you learn many different things I learned how to write out car insurance and how to pivot to products when making sales for the company the hardest part of the job was the learning process how to use the different software. I enjoyed meeting new people everyday.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
healthcare
Love my State Farm family!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 22, 2018
If you have a great agent to work for, things will be amazing! Make sure you interview with multiple agents to find the one that is the perfect fit for you both!

53.1K
42.4K
31.7K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

73%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

58%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss