State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 864 reviews matching the search See all 8,678 reviews
Great training
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 19, 2018
A place where you can expand your knowledge with great training. It is a reputable company that has been around for many years. It is number one in life insurance and home insurance.
family feeling work enviroment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 16, 2018
I believe that state farm gave me a stable life. I met some amazing people working here. I've learned how to navigate between two monitors. The hardest part was that the calls have been back to back making it a bit stressful.
Pros
They always give you gift and snacks if its a busy work day.
Cons
healthcare
Fast paced working enviroment , great training
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2018
State farm is sharp with their training and you must obtain licenses if you want to stay with them. My only complaint was that I was brought a board and left in the dark as I was working with a closing store after an agent left his store another manager that hired me promised me would work with his other store it never happened. I had experience but was brought in to clean up their work. This happened to me elsewhere as well. You must become an Agent if you want job security.
Pros
Excellent training, ok pay, hours good.
Cons
No job security, can get stressful at times.
Great place to be!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 7, 2018
I loved the clients and assisting them with their claims process, as well as selling insurance to those in need, helping them with quotes to figure out the true cost of a new vehicle, or providing them auto loan quotes to purchase new automobiles.
Pros
Loved my clients, great friendly company.
Cons
I worked in a smaller office, so I missed the environment of having more Co-workers!
work for an owner agent not the company
CSR/Sales Agent LSA (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 6, 2018
you work for an owner agent, small business not state farm the company. every job and office is a little different but still it working for a small business.
Pros
great if you want to be an owner agent
Cons
no advancement
Competitive, for older people.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 4, 2018
Honestly, as a person in their 20s, I don't recommend working for State Farm at all. Almost all of the "agents" and sales leaders are women facing mid life crisis issues and menopause. Cranky old ladies that treat each other like a high school drama film. Customers are of the worst type, very entitled and seem to want everything in life free. Pay is alright, commission is alright, much better alternatives out there.
Typical
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 2, 2018
Your typical office job. Pay was good and managers were flexible. Coworkers were easy to work with and day's didn't feel too long. Got busy after storms and such.
minimum guidelines
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 29, 2018
Use scripted responses to assist customers, agents, and State Farm employees by phone
Manage a variety of customer service situations
Answer insurance-related questions from callers
Take initial loss reports and provide claim personnel contact information
Take payments and answer bill related questions
Take and send detailed messages to agents/claims personnel
Provide emergency customer assistance while on the phone, utilize computer technology to access online job aids, navigate the State Farm intranet to locate information, and electronically file claim reports
Apply State Farm policies and procedures to unique situations
Work in a contact center environment
Provide in-language service for Spanish speaking customers
I was an intern at the time so I only worked weekends
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAOctober 28, 2018
The atmosphere was incredible in multiple aspects. My manager at the time was a family member and gave me an intern position in order to understand what qualifies as office work.
Great opportunity to develop your Customer Service Skills
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKOctober 25, 2018
Quite a bit of interaction with customers on a daily basis. Not the best place for growth unless you choose to become an Insurance agent yourself. Good starting point to get the Customer Service experience in.
Working for Individual Agent low pay no commissions are paid
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Ellijay, GAOctober 23, 2018
Agreed to be paid at $ 2,000.00 per month + Commission. I was not paid as indicated when I interviewed, I never received any commissions, never received pay check on time, there was no pay for attending pre license classes. Hourly pay was less than $ 11.00 hourly. Very strict micro-management by office manager and owner. There are individual cameras in each office and Owners and Manager watch them all the time. Not to protect the Customers but to watch the Agents and listen to what they say.
Pros
State Farm name
Cons
Helping Customers
Excellent People to work for!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eatonton, GAOctober 19, 2018
They were always understanding! Treat you like family! It was a lot of training at first but worth to know what you know! It was easy to catch up and understand what everyday processes were. Not stressful but very competitive.
Pros
ocassional free meals, wednesday afternoon off
Cons
short breaks, low pay
Overall most people are nice
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 16, 2018
Since I was placed by a temporary agency to work at Statefarm, I wasn't allowed to receive many benefits. Or allowed to participate in many of the events so my experience is biased. Temporary employees were treated as second-rate employees about 80% of the time due to company restrictions. It was difficult at times to deal with some of the in-house employees who did not have a professional background or credentials to handle their job duties. Some of the in-house employees were concerned that they may lose their job to a more qualified temporary employee. This was at a time when the recession had caused many layoffs.
Pros
Nice place to work at if you are people friendly and enjoy a team setting
Cons
Too many people clicks and red tape. If you are an outsider you will not be trusted.
no comment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bucyrus, OHOctober 14, 2018
The work enviroment was excellent and very laid back, everyone had fun together. There is a very high expectation to preform your job well, as should be expected. Sales members face very high pressure to meet sales quotas and are underpaid for their efforts in my opinion. Also no benefits are offered.
Pros
Flexible schedule, paid lunch break
Cons
No benefits, some positions underpaid, high pressure sales environment.
Nice place to work
Supervisor, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 14, 2018
I do enjoy working for State Farm. There has been opportunity for advancement, but with restructuring there has been less opportunity. There are benefits for part-time employees which is difficult to find.
Pros
Benefits for part-time employees, nice first line leaders, 401k, beautiful buildings, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Too afraid to fire poor employees, low first line leader pay
Cutthroat dishonest company
Customer Service Rep/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Corydon, INOctober 11, 2018
State Farm encourages infighting among their agents. Company engages in "chargebacks" or taking back commissions on policies that aren't on the books a certain amount of time. Saturates geographic areas with agents.
Pros
Good hours, consistent schedule
Cons
Poor compensation, cutthroat attitude
About environment and own experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 9, 2018
Despite some days, in general the environment is quiet. Learned a lot about insurance. However, sometimes the cultural difference (Hispanic vs. american) made a little difficult to deal with some parts of the job. Specially, those referred to sales.
Pros
People interaction
Cons
Some times have to deal with angry people
Crc
First Response Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAOctober 8, 2018
Didn't have enough reps to cover the que. Extremely overworked and with very strict and regulated breaks. Great for advancement but only once you exit out of the CRC department which tends to be the trend.
Do not recommend
Banking Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 8, 2018
I worked in three different departments. The company really changed once the new CEO came aboard. It was ALL about the numbers and not the quality. They could care less about taking care of the customers. State Farm had changed too much. I had to leave.
Great company
CSR REP (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 7, 2018
state farm is a over all great company. You just have to find the right Agent to work for that fits you. great customer service / excellent coverages and great rates.

53.2K
42.5K
31.8K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight