State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Customer Support Representative

Found 49 reviews matching the search See all 9,552 reviews
Great Culture
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 29, 2019
I worked in the call center so it was pretty bureaucratic, but the culture helps and all of the amenities that they have to offer on the campus make you feel spoiled.
Great company, fun job.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAFebruary 20, 2019
Great company, great customers, really fun customer service type work.
All binds are commission based which was a great incentive. The company also had great benefits and perks.
Pros
comissions
Cons
schedule
Great job for someone that is also going to school. Great Flexibility
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GADecember 26, 2018
High paced. Learned a lot regarding insurance. Hardest part of the job is when a policy holder degrades you. The most enjoyable part is the respectful customer that you talk to and help. The workplace is a great environment.
Pros
Holidays are fun, the pay and benefits are great!!
Cons
The point system is not fair.
Excellent training
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 3, 2018
Very good morale within the company. Most good jobs and promotions felt like they primarily went to Bloomington (HQ). It was a fun and generally laid back atmosphere.
Good job for students
Licensed Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAOctober 3, 2018
I absolutely loved this company when I started. The culture was laid back and comfortable. We have good benefits and a flexible schedule in the Customer Care Center. Over time they have implemented a lot of new changes with little to no raise AND they took away all of our morale incentives. No more rewards for exceeding goals, new stricter policies, and uncaring management practices. The morale is at an all time low. The rest of the company has a different set of rules so I get better feedback from those departments ,but we are one of the lowest paid insurance companies in the area.
Pros
Good benefits, flexible hours
Cons
Poor company culture, low pay
Sales Rep
Licensed Customer Care Center Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2018
The work-life balance is alright however it's mandatory to work a Saturday or Sunday, you can never get a full weekend off unless you have PTO or someone is willing to pick up your hours. it's way too many changes and you can be fired out of nowhere. The turn over rate is extremely high. On the weekends the calls are back to back. You don't get a chance to breathe, it can really do something to you mentally. If you do not like being on the phone this job is not for you. The Pay is alright it can be better due to the fact we have to do so many things. If you enjoy being cursed out by policyholders this jobs is for you!
Fun and productive place to work
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 14, 2018
State Farm is a very good company, offer great benefits from day one. I've always enjoyed the culture of the company and diverse backgrounds of most everyone we come in contact with. State Farm also does a lot of internal hiring so there's room for advancement.
Stressful Place!
CUSTOMER CARE REP (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2018
Terrible, Nasty Co workers, Not Friendly Management Catty and Gossipers. Lots of Assumptions without facts. Very Stressful Environment. I wouldn't recommend!
Great pay
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 2, 2018
The pay that is received is generous however there is to much restructuring and competition to feel job security. Advancement is to hard. I worked in the same department for 3 years with promises of advancement that never came. I always did everything they said and more and still advancements didn't come.
Customer Care Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJuly 3, 2018
Love my job would I recommend. The hours are fixed but still flexible. The supervisor are hands on which is a plus. The benefits are great as well. This company believed is upward mobility within the company.
State Farm Life
Customer Care Center-Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 29, 2018
This company pays below market average for similar positions. If you get a good manager that has respect for the team, you can get comfortable with a long term job. Schedule changes occur every quarter, in certain entry level positions. Once you get above entry level, you can look forward to set working hours.
Pros
Learn a lot of transferrable skills
Cons
Depends on your manager
Maintain your skills & education
Customer Care Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 18, 2018
Highly recommended to work at State Farm, especially with the Corporate Home Office, as well as the Hubs in Atlanta, Phoenix, Dallas, Jacksonville, and El Paso.

Intense competition for jobs. A degree is very important but it does not matter what it's in unless you post for specific areas: law, finance, marketing, public affairs, systems. Generally, have a business degree and if you studied insurance (major or minor) that is a plus. You are always studying at State Farm (insurance and financial designations: ChFC, CPU, CLU, AINS, etc).

Pay is very fair and benefits are fantastic (still offers a Pension). Work/life balance is better than average.

Fortune 50 company.
Pros
work/life balance, benefits, pay
Cons
competitive
Productive Place to Work
Customer Support (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 4, 2018
My department assistant the agents with setting annual appointments for their clients to come in and review there policies for any life changes that may have occurred.
Pros
Great Place to Work
Constant Change, very micro managed
Customer Care Center Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2018
Your supervisor may or may not know how to do your job. I had to assist new teammates just as I was assisted by senior teammates when I first started.

Constant Learning and updates.

Must be self-motivated and enjoy talking to people.
Pros
flexible, hourly wage and monthly sales commission, yearly bonus
Cons
slowly at time, supervisor may be learning the positon, must met sales quota and metrics
Very nice place to work
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2018
Enjoyed my experience with State Farm . Compensation was fair, hours were flexible. It was very convenient for me being a college student. There was also many opportunities for advancement
State Farm
Customer Care Center Service Rep.-Part Time (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 8, 2018
State Farm is a great place to work at. They offer great benefits & there is room to expand to other areas after being in your role for a year. I plan to stay with State Farm part time, however, am seeking full time employment in the health care field, which is what I went to school for.
Too stressful and not a team environment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 2, 2018
From the first day of training you get bombarded with messaging of an environment revolving around teamwork and family. The fact is they're perpetually understaffed due to high turnover rates and they don't give you time to know anyone you're working around. There's little to no downtime between calls and they're so overfocused on metrics versus how happy the customer was with the call that there's no satisfaction behind doing a genuinely good job. Whether you get the opportunity to apply to another position is so highly dependent on which individual manager you get; one person worked less than one month out of training before their manager recommended them for a management position and others with a different supervisor are rejected for applying for secretary positions almost a year into working for the company. Extremely stressful and not worth it in the end.
Pros
Benefits, shift swapping, pay is okay
Cons
Short breaks, stressful, advancement too dependent on supervisor, too much focus on metrics and numbers
Going Nowhere Fast
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 27, 2018
I never earned a commission, and the salary was so little that I could no longer afford to work there. The workplace culture was the least professional environment I have EVER been in.
Pros
I wasn't unemployed completely?
Cons
Long hours, low wages, cut throat environment, nobody had my back.
An Alright Place to Work
Customer Care Center Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 23, 2018
Whether or not State Farm is a good place to work really depends on what department you're in at the company. For me it was alright. I was in the call center for CCC Sales. Its not a bad job. Some will find it enjoyable actually. It's most certainly not Afni level bad. Call centers just aren't for some people. I found the job horribly stressful, did not enjoy it in the slightest, but couldn't seem to get out of it. Also, with all the layoffs there was no guarantee the job I got would be secure. With that info in mind I left the company and went back to college to get a more marketable degree. I'm not going to bash the company. Its got a great culture (overall) and benefits. The pay is fantastic too. It just wasn't for me.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Micromanging, Layoffs
Great location
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 12, 2018
I was very excited when I was offered the position at state farm. The company overall has a great workplace culture and do what they can to keep moral going.
Pros
Nice environment and location
Cons
Advancement

53.5K
42.7K
32K

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

74%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

59%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss