State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Insurance Agent

Found 689 reviews matching the search See all 9,208 reviews
Sub-agent Insurer (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAFebruary 20, 2019
A typical day at work was laid back. I learned to Sale Policies to make a difference in peoples lives, such as Life Insurance. Management was good and the Workplace was good. The hardest part of the job was selling the Insurance. The most enjoyable was the customers I waited on.
Pros
Lunch Hour
Cons
Healthcare
Great company with advancement opportunities
Licensed Insurance Agent and Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 17, 2019
As a large company with many small franchise agencies, the key is to ensure that the Agent for which you work leads well and understands the culture of the larger company. Typical work weeks are M-F, with occasional Saturdays by appointment. Generally 8-5pm, with frequent late night exits. Competitive culture, general sales/commission structure.
Worked for an Agent
Licensed Insurance Agent Trainee (Former Employee) –  Gardnerville, NVFebruary 12, 2019
was lied to about compensation, pay and benefits, when I brought this up to the agent, he asked me if we were wasting each others time. absolutely horrible experience, I do not believe this is the industry standard of behavior for state farm insurance company.
Pros
Professional Work environment
Cons
Make sure to get everything in writing
Only as awesome as your agent!
Insurance and Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Carmi, ILFebruary 11, 2019
As a sales agent you do not work for State Farm so you do not get benefits those are out of pocket. It took me 3 tries to find the right agent and he was amazing. Unfortunately the cost of insurance is expensive especially with the high deductibles that the marketplace offers so I had to leave.
Pros
great products
Cons
no guaranteed benefits
Fun
Office Manager, Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MN 55443February 5, 2019
Office was super nice, great opportunity to learn the insurance industry, they provided great training, boss was great, offered a lot of vacation and a nice 401K plan.
Agent - Team Member
Temp Team Member Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAFebruary 2, 2019
Very stressful due to lack of time spent by management to train on using computer programs and lack of explanation training how the office functions. Learned to not return to that field. Workplace culture is competitive with no integrity due to commissions and sales. Most difficult part of the job was the management/owner integrity and lack of empathy. Enjoyed lunch time away from the office.
Pros
Going home for the day
Cons
Can't trust co-workers commissions create shark environment
low paying
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, GAJanuary 30, 2019
the agency where i worked paid low wages, and there were no benefits. The agent was not helpful with training, I was just thrown into the job to just figure it out
Busy office
Licensed Insurance Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 30, 2019
As an insurance account representative, you need to get your insurance licenses. You will process payments, service accounts, provide quotes, and bind policies.
Office Manager/ Bilingual Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Archdale, NCJanuary 27, 2019
I was fortunate to work for a great agent, unfortunately that is not the experience that everyone has or had. The pay is not enough to live on, but the work can be intensive
Good entry level job
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 27, 2019
Great place to start, you will gain a lot knowledge about insurance however there is little room for growth or benefits. Work culture is competitive because industry is competitive.
Pros
Constantly learning
Cons
No room for growth
state farm experience
State Farm Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2019
it was amazing experience with my State Farm agent she has taught me the importance of running my own business and also importance of insurance in our everyday lives
Every office is very different
Insurance Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 21, 2019
I think that you can get very lucky depending on who the agent for your office is. I think everyone can find a spot at the right office. I'f your looking to work here do your research on the agent. How hands on/ off are they?Because some aren't in the office ever
Depends on your Supervisor
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 18, 2019
It honestly depends on what side of State Farm you work for. Fire, Auto, Bank, etc. Every department is different and it just depends if you have a direct supervisor that is good or not. I had 5 different ones and only 2 I would consider a good leader. Everything else is really fine about the company.
Insurance sales PC (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2019
State Farm was a good place to work. It was flexible, interesting and rewarding. I would recommend it to job seeker.

The management was good, and the workers were nice to work with. the technology was fair.
Pros
Nice Office
Cons
No Break room
Great company to work for.
Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 13, 2019
Enjoyed the work environment great co workers.
Good boss he was ready to retire,but he was a good employee.
It is a great career to start but you need to be patient and set goals
to accomplish weekly,monthly annually.It will surely pay off in the end.
Pros
Company lunch
Cons
Not enough time to study and produce business
Jumping Off
Office Manager and Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJanuary 9, 2019
Good place to learn ins and outs of daily office politics.
Pushed to bend and break rules.p state insurance guidelines
Company treats clients poorly
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Low commissions and pay
Lots of Calls
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tyrone, GAJanuary 6, 2019
A typical day consisted of 70-90 calls. Leads were generally online leads or referrals. Every Agent has a different management style, therefore really depends on who you are working under
Not a fun enviroment to work
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Taylor, TXJanuary 4, 2019
The management was poor. The agent had been in business for many years, she had a lot of business but very short handed. The employees did not receive proper training, support, or the help needed to maintain a good work flow.
Pros
Gave many paid vacation days
Cons
Lack of Training, Poor Management, Unorganized
Great experience
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 27, 2018
Wonderful overall work environment. Have been here for not very long, but have learned a lot thanks to the years of experience of those around me. Overall very good.
Insurance agent
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLDecember 27, 2018
The job was great. The morning is usually service calls and the afternoon is usually out bound sales calls. The management in the office was not very helpful when approached with a problem. It was kind of figure it for yourself and hope you get it right.
Cons
short breaks and it was hard to get help to better understand the job while training.

53.4K
42.6K
31.9K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight