State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Insurance Agent

Ratings breakdown
53.1K
42.4K
31.7K
Found 613 reviews matching the search See all 8,228 reviews
Good starting sales position
Insurance sales representative/ Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Its a good starting sales position but there are no benefits or retirement planning. Its a small office setting so that nice and relaxed you must meet commission goals to make any money and on top of that there is no healthcare or anything offered
Pros
Small office setting
Cons
No health care or any benefits
Terrible experience
LICENSE INSURANCE AGENT-CSR (Current Employee) –  Forney, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Agent was very disrespectful and rude. Very conniving and did not respect her employees. Did not compensate very well and only looked out for herself.
Pros
Cons
Wve
Great company to work for
Licensed Insurance Agent / Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 15, 2018
I enjoyed helping families and being a licensed insurance agent. Its important to offer protection them and help then see the value. Great experiences
Limited Growth Great Environment
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 13, 2018
Great place to work as a team, not the best place for unexperienced insurance agents as the goals seem a little too high for the amount of actual time in office and time working in this field.
Eh
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Highland, MDSeptember 12, 2018
There was no real balance of customer service and production. Service and underwriting lines were unfamiliar with policies to the point where i would have to call 3 or 4 times. We were all poorly trained in the office, the job became repetitive and slow.
Poor management
Insurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Manalapan, NJSeptember 12, 2018
Office environment in Manalapan office was extremely hostile. Company itself is decent, however the two elder women in the office manage to make your life miserable
Got to meet alot of people
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 12, 2018
I got to go out and meet people which I loved!!! There are no residuals unless you are the Owner. You belong to the Agent who owns the individual Companies.
Pros
I got to meet people in person.
Cons
Very low wages and no benefits.
Slow paced
Insurance Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Agent was rarely there to train us. They expected us to have $30,000 saved up at the end of the 18 month program and nobody told us about that prior to hiring on.
Worst Job I've had
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 1, 2018
Poor pay, nothing but cold calls, unrealistic expectations with no support, have to come out of your own pocket to be able to work, passive-agressive to the extreme. All in all, I would rather go to prison. They have standards at least.
No Job is perfect but this one has been pretty decent
Insurance Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 31, 2018
Job will vary depending on Agent you work for. In my two years with the company I have worked for two different agents and had very different experiences with both. But one constant between the two is that my role in the office has changed consistently at least every couple of months and there is flexibility for out of office obligations and commitments. I think this is a great place to start your career but not the place where it should be defined.
Pros
laid back work environment/schedule flexibility
Cons
lower wage/management
Great Culture
Multi-Line Insurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 28, 2018
Great people and customers. Wonderful boss to work for. No time and a half pay offered. No Health and Dental benefits or 401K.
There are many availabe bonuses throughout the year and other incentives for goals met.
Pros
Many Bonus Opportunities
Successful in this position based on business location.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VA 23666August 27, 2018
Agents are too busy competing with each other to help another agent in distress. The time given to be successful is limited. Unrealistic production required from State Farm. Customers hard to retain based on constant increased premiums. Most of an agents time is spent handling customer complaints. Hiring a successful staff is a nightmare.
Pros
Opportunity to be succesful
Cons
Unrealistic goals, and expectations
Okay place
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Port Ewen, NYAugust 27, 2018
It was an okay place to work. Boss was never there so if you have any issue you have to figure it out yourself and if you are new and everyone is busy you are in trouble.
All Offices Are Different
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INAugust 25, 2018
Every office is ran a different way. It all depends on what Agent you work for. The Agent works for state farm and even as a licensed insurance agent you work for the Agent of the office. Every office has a different vibe and your pay is up to the agent not up to state farm. It was okay at first but it is not for everyone.
Fun work atmosphere but no long term security with State Farm
Insurance Sales Agent, Brantley Somma (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, VAAugust 24, 2018
SF was a competitive, fast paced atmosphere but it did not allow me to gain revenue residual like most insurance companies offer their employees. I worked for a scratch agent that could not afford to pay more although I was the top salesman for 4 months.
bad place
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 21, 2018
waste of time and resources. do not become an agent aspirant. its is a ploy for the rookie to do all the work and the agent gets rich. poor system and should be illegal.
Stable company
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 20, 2018
Great company, management sucks. If I ever return To SF I would hope for more accountable supervisors. They do nothing in the sales department. Not only one it’s several.
Pros
Benefits, schedule flexibility
Cons
Definitely one of the bottom three jobs I've ever had
Insurance Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham, VAAugust 15, 2018
The management was terrible. The agent changed the commission requirements often so that it was nearly impossible for anyone to earn commission. It was NOT a good environment and I do NOT recommend it for anyone.
its ok
Lead Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXAugust 14, 2018
nothing too special. gets alittle tiring sitting at a desk all day. lots of cold calls all day and rude customers. but its really not that bad when it comes down to it. better than alot of other options out there
Pros
hours.
Cons
cold calling all day
Very active job
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAAugust 14, 2018
I worked for 22 years assisting customers daily with helping determine their insurance needs and writing policies for them. Along with healing them file claims, make payments or apply for loans .

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight