State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Insurance Specialist

Found 62 reviews matching the search See all 9,556 reviews
Productive and fun work place
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CAApril 10, 2019
I love working with Statefarm, Statefarm is an awesome company that cares for their employees and team members. Wages are competitive and there is potential to increase your monthly wages.
No complaints
Insurance and Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXApril 3, 2019
No room for advancement unless you intend to become an agent but the agents are very flexible and it is a more personable experience than a corporation
Agent office
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2019
Agent office is no set benefits and structure. There are good/great agents out there. Most do not offer benefits. If your a strong in sales then maybe you can negotiate. Most Agents have their office personnel and hard to get in. I consider these jobs for a second income not for the wage earner. You are at the whim of high and lows.
Pros
Finding a good office
Cons
New agents are all about sales.
not worth my time
Insurance Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 28, 2018
this place lacked professionalism and integrity to communicate how to become successful in this business. There was no training or coaching to better yourself for success. Terrible structure and leadership!!
Great company
Office Manager/ life insurance specialist (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYSeptember 12, 2018
I have had experience with brokers, other companies and none compare to State Farm. It is a very competitive field however the value the company offers is above most.
Pros
Always room for growth
Cons
No health care
State Farm
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Illinois and WisconsinAugust 14, 2018
Great work environment. Work/Life balance is worth working for a captive agent. Unfortunately, not many offer insurance or other benefits. Easy to learn all areas of the industry in a State Farm agency.
Relaxed atmosphere
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHJuly 31, 2018
This is a great company and good learning experience for insurance. The training is extensive however the pay raises are great. The people are great to work with
Great atmosphere
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2018
I enjoyed my work experience at state farm. I really enjoyedchelping famikescgetvcoverage on their homes and autos. I really lijedcgetting clients the best possible rate to compromise with their budget.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Not so bad place to work little office building but still a little bit of fun.
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakland, NEJuly 9, 2018
State farm is a good place to work, the best part is sitting down and relaxing. I learned about the computer system and its ways, I also learned that its a good community there.
Every day there are new challenges & opportunities
Insurance Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 12, 2018
It is rewarding to help clients have coverage in place to protect their family and to help them plan for future needs. Knowing that I am working for a company that really cares about others is very important to me.
Awesome team-limited communication
Property and casualty insurance specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILApril 26, 2018
I have always been satisfied, but because of the limited advancement oppurtunity one can only bounce from office to office after a few years max at each location.
Pros
Good company with strong stability
Cons
Limited pay oppurtunity and zero benefits
terrible
Life & Health Insurance Specialist/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 24, 2018
The agent I worked for did not keep her promises. Ii had the pretenses of a good working environment but was not. Hard work was not rewarded according to the promises that were made.
Never Work Here
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 16, 2018
Never work here. Especially for an agent. The agencies are small businesses so if you can find someone who actually cares about you they might decide to pay you what you are worth. Benefits are slim to none, I had to work overtime to get paid time off (regular pay because overtime pay "wasn't allowed"). Management is horrible because the owners don't care about actually being present. They are too busy frolicking Africa and Bora Bora.
Cons
No Breaks, Small Businesses, No Benefits, No PTO, No Overtime Pay, No Compensation
Good place to work for people who enjoy face to face interaction
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2018
This is a great place to work, but working at the office and be a part of agent's office doesn't give you health benefits. You learn how to help customers in a claim situations.
Competitive Work Place
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 4, 2018
If you apply to work with State Farm or any Insurance Company it is best to get your license prior, since you will have to complete other passed training through their own State Farm University. I Enjoyed working with the Customers and Staff.
Cons
healthcare, short breaks.
Very nice place to work
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Napoleon, OHMarch 27, 2018
The work is slow pace. State Farm treats their customers right and always has their best interest at heart. State Farm truly tries to take care of their customer claims and it continuously working on keeping premiums down.
Pros
flexible
Cons
slow pace
fullfilling when you can help others
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXFebruary 19, 2018
enjoy working.. its a good feeling knowing you are not only selling but providing coverage and support from a good company. Obtaining positive feed back from your policyholders.
Pros
no saturdays
Cons
short lunch hours
Agency Working
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEFebruary 14, 2018
Each agent you work for is going to be different, which can be a good or a bad thing. Thankfully, I was fortunate to be hired by an incredible agent who was very understanding that his employees did have personal lives and families. He made sure each day was enjoyable for his employees and loved to have some friendly competition within the office. Because of our location, business was quite slow (small town in Maine), but it gave the employees the opportunity to better our knowledge in the insurance industry.
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 31, 2018
I am working for great agent.
I have flexible hours, great office atmosphere. Really enjoying working there.
Team oriented place to work, trying to achieve agency goals.
strong company
Insurance Auto Claim Specialist (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 21, 2018
This is a company with strong secure financial background. A diverse workforce environment. Many opportunities to explore different job titles as well as physical locations.

53.5K
42.7K
32K

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

74%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

59%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss