State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Intern

Found 53 reviews matching the search See all 9,534 reviews
not for everyone
Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 1, 2019
i worked in an agent's office for state farm. there was a ton of turnover during my three month internship. the only person who really earned a living was the boss.
productive and fun
Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CANovember 17, 2018
a typical day at work would be productive and fun. we would begin our week by having a meeting and going over our goals for the week. I learned how to stay on top of many tasks and not get distracted.
It was a great experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHNovember 1, 2018
Working with State Farm helped me learn a lot. I went from not understanding terminology to really understanding it in a matter of seconds. My agent has to be one of the most informative.
Pros
They are very understanding
Cons
There are non
I work there for an internship.
Receptionist (Internship) (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 15, 2018
Company is great to intern out if you want to learn anything about insurance quotes being a receptionist I really had no complaints. I work there in order to complete my high school project to graduate at the end of the year
Internship experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLAugust 13, 2018
This was my first job and it was amazing. In the few months that I interned I learned skills that were helpful and also saw myself progressing to full time.
Good Company to get your feet wet
Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 21, 2018
State Farm is a really good company to get your feet wet in the Insurance industry. With the company being a leading Property and Casualty company, you get a lot of experience in sales and how to communicate effectively with customers. Overall though if you want to advance you need to work for Corporate.
relaxed but not challenging
Intern (Former Employee) –  Xenia, OHMay 16, 2018
My experience is only limited to my internship experience. The workplace was relaxed and slow paced but very routine like with little chance of acquiring new skills.
Pros
free lunches
Intern for State Farm
Internship (Former Employee) –  Central City, KYApril 19, 2018
I didn't really enjoy being an intern for State Farm. It was a great learning experience, but I did not get to do very much. I primarily just made phone calls asking for business.
Pros
Office Job with good hours
Cons
Boring
Statefarm Insurance- Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAMarch 30, 2018
Great internship program. You meet awesome people and they have you work on projects that are really beneficial to you development. I really enjoyed my experience working with this program.
Office Internship for a class I took
Internship (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMarch 9, 2018
They literally had me file physical paperwork the entire time. I was supposed to answer phones or create a payroll maybe but they were "busy" and probably just didn't want me to butt in. The teacher was upset as well. This job let me know I definitely don't want desk job and physical labor is in my blood.
Pros
A learning experience
Cons
Very tedious and stressful.
Great opportunity to refine sales skills
Insurance Agency Internship (Former Employee) –  Norman, OK 73069February 17, 2018
Let's be honest, sales can be difficult and State Farm provided a structured environment to help nourish my sales skills! It was not fun cold calling but that is necessary in order to learn how to handle rejection and adapt to the conversation at hand in sales. The office I worked out was small and seemed cramped, however I believe if you can sell insurance you can sell anything so highly recommend to someone looking to add experience.
Very enjoyable place to work
Summer Intern Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  North East, PAFebruary 12, 2018
The office I worked at was very friendly and helpful. This made it really easy to learn about the job. Everyone was helpful and knew a lot and were more than willing to help each other out if they ever had any problems.
Intern for one summer
Intern (Former Employee) –  Murphy, TXJanuary 24, 2018
I was an intern for one summer at an agent's location (not corporate). Daily, I answered incoming calls, helped the sales staff and the claims staff, as well as ran the front desk.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
Occassionally no work to do
good for part time
Intern (Current Employee) –  Stony Point, NYJanuary 5, 2018
A typical day of work consisted of making all kinds of calls, faxing, filing and mailing. I learned that insurance can be tricky and you have to be very careful in what you say, as it is in any business.
Pros
experience
Cons
sales calls
Fun work plqce
Intern (Former Employee) –  Encino, CAJanuary 4, 2018
I liked being an intern with state farm. Also i enjoyed picking up the phone calls and talking to people. a typical day at work went by without a sweat. but dealing with customers on the other hand was quite aggravating. especially when dealing with holders or customers that don't know how to speak proper English.
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CADecember 28, 2017
I was an intern for statefarm. My experience was great, as I got to meet a lot of people who taught me many different aspects of the insurance company.
It was a temp job
Intern (Former Employee) –  Murphy, TXOctober 5, 2017
It was a temp job with one of the agents. I haven't worked for the corporate office, so I can't speak as to how working there may be. However, the time with the agent's office was a good experience.
Very flexible for me
Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CASeptember 25, 2017
Only reason I got the job was because my mom had the job and she helped me get it. Although I only worked 3 days a week for 2 hours it really was a good experience and worked well for me.
Pros
I knew the employees and was experienced.
Cons
Only had the job for about a month
a lot of interesting topics.
YAIP Internship Program (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2017
If you have a positive attitude you will learn a lot, theres a lot of material you can benefit from, its also a fast yet fun environment to work for. Key to doing a great job is being detail oriented and fast learner.
Pros
Comision
Relaxed work area and friendly atmosphere.
Internship (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 10, 2017
I took this internship so that I could learn some things about the business world; however, all I did was contact non-customers trying to offer them a free quote. Although I didn't learn much, it was a relaxed atmosphere with friendly co-workers.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Repetitive.

53.5K
42.7K
32K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Reviews by Location