State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Licensed Agent

Found 57 reviews matching the search See all 9,557 reviews
competitive
Licensed Staff Agent/Various Agents (Former Employee) –  Picayune, msMarch 14, 2019
This is a fast paced business. Multi tasking a must with attention to detail. Competing constantly to meet sales goals. Good point is that they have constant training - sometimes too much.
Poor Agency mangement
Office Representative/SC Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCJanuary 26, 2019
The agency is no longer in business. The agency was poorly operated. The Agent lacked people skills, and did not want to work with all customers. This was a good learning experience.
Pros
received my pay regularly
Cons
Poor management
Positive work environment with great management
Licensed State Farm Agent Sales Team Member (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXJanuary 2, 2019
Sales at State Farm has taught me how to balance many tasks at once. I have learned how to prospect and build relationships with potential customers that develop into clients. I have also learned how to care for current clients by evaluating their needs to see which product or products fit them best. Management on all levels is consistent and encouraging.
Pros
Positive company culture, paid days off
Cons
Short breaks
The office that I worked in was run by a cold individual who wouldn’t know me if I told him my name.
Licensed Property, Casualty, Life & Health Agent (Former Employee) –  Saraland, ALNovember 2, 2018
This office had two wonderful ladies, but the owner was much less friendly. It was not a good fit personally. I was not comfortable with the pressure to up-sell or try to add on to a customer’s request for services.
Stressful servcie environment.
Licensed Staff Agent (Former Employee) –  Epping, NHOctober 23, 2018
It's a tough job in agencies. Customers take out rising premiums and service issues on you directly and they may not even be your fault but that of the company. Since the job is not directly working for state farm there are no corporate benefits but one is expected to represent the corporation with loyalty, pride and professionalism for a small hourly wage.
Pros
weekday schedule
Cons
no breaks, no benefits, lousy pay
productive and fun workplace
Property and Casualty Broker Agent License (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAOctober 22, 2018
A typical day starts off by checking your email and any notifications and trying to close any and all policies. We also go into any open tasks and complete them.
Then we would start cold calls and prospecting.
Rest of the day consists of trying to close sales.
I learned how to use the system and also achieved my license.
The manager was very nice and convenient.
The hardest part of the job is trying to make sure polices get issued on time and as quoted, the easiest part was doing the actual quotes.
OK for a stepping stone
Licensed Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 22, 2018
This is a good temporary job, not a career path unless you really love insurance. The industry is very demanding as are the customers. Insurance for the most part is a scam and you will spend the better part of the day explaining to customers why their rates are going up and why their claims are not being paid. It truly is a labor of love and not for the weak of heart.
productive
Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 22, 2018
I was required to make a minimum of 100 outbound calls a day, while staying on top of my sales and service work. it was a very fast paced work environment, but it was not stressful.
Pros
lunch meetings
Cons
no healthcare
Great place as long it is with the right agent
Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 23, 2018
Worked for a great agent however, my because of my health, the position was just not a good fit for me. The opportunity to make a lot of money and succeed is there, it just has to be for the right person.
excellent organization with many avenues of advancement
LICENSED AGENT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILJune 18, 2018
State Farm is a first rate organization. I would highly recommend anyone with an interest in the Insurance Industry and the desire to truly make a difference in other peoples' lives to take a hard look at State Farm, especially if they are just starting off on their career path.
A good starting point to learn insurance
Office Manager and Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 30, 2018
This was a good entry level position in the insurance industry. I learned basics of selling and bundling policies for maximum benefits.
State Farm is well-known for its excellent claims service, and I appreciated that aspect.
adventure
Administrative Assistant/licensed agent (Former Employee) –  Granger, INMay 16, 2018
I truly enjoyed what i did for State Farm, everyday was a new challenge and always something new to learn. I enjoy working with people and dealing with the public. I want to make sure that each and every policy holder/customer is taken care of.
Pros
Dealing with the public
Great
Licensed Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDApril 8, 2018
Great environment with great people. Great insurance loved helping others understand what kind of insurance they had. Management was amazing both my boss and co workers
Great company to get you started in the world of insurance
Fully Licensed Agent/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 2, 2018
I have worked for a local agent for 6 years and I have learned a great deal about insurance in my time there. Everyone knows the State Farm name and that will bring you a lot of business and interest alone. I have noticed in my time there however that the quality of service has regressed from the internal support staff and the company now places more restrictions on what their agents can write due to corporate being concerned with overgrowth in the market. State Farm is a VERY conservative company
Nice offices, but not worth the sacrifice.
Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 20, 2018
State Farm was a very nice place to work, and the people were awesome, however as a Customer Care Specialist (licensed agent at the corporate office) you are substantially underpaid compared to what you could make as an insurance agent in an office, yet you are expected to have the same knowledge and education. Additionally, the expectations of the position are unrealistic based on the hours you work (6:30 am to 10:30 am or 4:30 pm to 12 am) and the amount of calls your receive from people wanting to purchase a policy during those times. I do think it is a good option for people right out of school with no work experience, or people that are still in school and need a part-time position with full benefits. The schedule are somewhat flexible, and you can try to release your scheduled shifts (although if no one picks them up, you are still required to work or call in sick, and you only get one sick day every 6 months). If you wanted to make a career out of this position, with the small merit increases you get, it would take you 20-30 years to get to a salary you could actually live comfortably on.
Pros
Flexible schedules and full benefits even for part-time people.
Cons
Very low salaries, and small pay increases from year to year.
Great Insurance Company
Licensed Agent Staff (Former Employee) –  Versailles, MOMarch 15, 2018
I took car of incoming calls with Clients and interested insurers to find them the best insurance rates and coverage they needed, also wrote and issued the policys!
Not a good fit for me
Licensed Property, Casualty and Life Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 12, 2018
All the employees had worked together for a long time and there was a strong feeling of being an outsider. Too much time was spent socializing. The incentives offered did not appeal to me.
Good place to learn the business
Licensed Agent Staff (Current Employee) –  Edmonds, WAFebruary 10, 2018
I come in and would handle all the marketing calls out. That is probably the most difficult thing to do, just in terms of producing results. I have gotten to learn all of their systems and how to really ensure that people are protected in terms of insurance needs.
Independently owned, each office is different
Team Member / Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Maple Valley, WADecember 23, 2017
Good company to work for. Each office is owned by the agent so the work environment can vary, I would recommend State Farm if you are looking at getting into the insurance industry.
Good
License Service Agent/Agent Aspirant (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXDecember 13, 2017
Good potential. Nice knowledgeable people. I like the independent agency rather than captive agency. I like having different companies and options to offer to my clients.
Pros
coverage
Cons
rating systems

53.5K
42.7K
32K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Reviews by Location