State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Licensing Associate

Found 23 reviews matching the search See all 9,524 reviews
Great Place for Entry Level
Licensed Claim Associate PIP/MPC (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 19, 2018
This is definitely a great place to come and get your foot in the door in which will open up various opportunities for you to become successful in the future!
Pros
Benefits, Onsite Ammenities, Co-Workers
Cons
Disrespectful managers, sub standard compensation, unorganization, Location
Great place good people
Licensed staff associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 14, 2018
On a typical workday I would work with clients that came in regarding their policies answer questions and help them make coverage decisions.
During my tenure with State Farm, I learned that people like a friendly face, one they can relate to, and someone that helps them understand the complexities of the product.
At State farm it was definitely a place where you were encouraged to grow both professionally and personally. A great deal of emphasis was placed on sales, problem solving client needs.
What I enjoyed most about the job was helping clients understand the complexities of insurance so that they could make a better decision
Excellent working environment
Licensed Staff Associate (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 28, 2018
A great learning experiences in sales and forming relationships with customers to earn their trust. I sold life/auto/home and banking products. I enjoyed being part of the claims process assisting the customer in their time of need
Owner is a monster
Licensed Sales Associate/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spearfish, SDSeptember 10, 2018
Work place abuse, degrading, and angry woman. Worst work environment I have ever been in, I wouldn't wish this State Farm office onto anyone. She should have her license revoked.
Proceed with caution
Licensed Claims Associate, Auto ILR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2018
Woeking here was amazing...at first.

Very strict attendance policy
No sick days
PTO is earned in hours vs days (5 hours per pay period instead of days at a time)
No work life balance
Pay is poor
Relaxed work environment, but still stressfull
Licensed Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJune 21, 2018
A typical day involves mostly taking claim calls, sometimes your schedule will change at a moments notice, so they want you to refresh your schedule after every call. Most of the co-workers are very helpful, most of the managers are a joke. Your weekly meetings with them are among the other people that sit around the managers' cubicle with no privacy so if coworkers are not on the phone, they hear everything that is being said, whether it's personal or not. Managers are not really there when you need them and you can forget escalated calls, they avoid those like the plague. And management has a culture of making excuses for each other, which is very disheartening because you basically have no one that you can talk to. Sometimes the managers make you feel like you are just a number. And the only way to get ahead is to do some serious brown nosing. The dress code is very laid back which is a plus. The salary is ok, but I know of several people that have left the company to go to other insurance companies where they work less but are paid more. But when we ask about raises, they say they have highest pay rates, which can also be disputed by easily looking on indeed or glassdoor. The hardest part of the job is feeling like you cant get help when you need it and if you go to10 managers with a question, you will get 10 different answers but the most enjoyable part is being able to help people that really need it.
Day in the life
Licensed Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 7, 2018
Very high paced call center environment.
Schedules are different every day as far as the work you will be assigned to do.
Large collection of data to sort through and process.
Well rounded teams
Managers that assist with advancement instead of numbers.
Good company, alot of hard work
Licensed Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 30, 2018
We worked on a metric system, which meant you are timed on everything thing you diid while you were there. You are on the phone the majority of the time, and if not you are doing tasks which are also timed. It is very stressful, and you are expected to do 100% everyday. The workplace is nice, and the people, but alot is expected of you. I am sure different position are all different mind was extremely difficult, because you were timed and watched constantly.
Pros
nice place the building
Cons
difficult, and hard and alot of demands
Great place to work for
Licensed Insurance Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAAugust 4, 2017
I worked for the Agent for 15 years and I have learned many of the basic clerical skills. I was acquainted with many professionals and enjoyed working with them. I enjoyed the most, interacting with customers and providing them with excellent service. It was my goal everyday to make sure they left happier then when they came in. The hardest part of the job was the many office changes that took place towards the end of my employment, but I managed to work through it.
The comapny at this time is on a DECLINE
Licensed Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 31, 2017
It is not the same company that is was a few years back.
The work life balance is lower and the changes are not for the best!!!! I loved the company in the past. I am use to change and I love change. However, the choices that they have made in the recent past was not for the best.
Pros
Cant think of any beside they pay for your lic.
Cons
Petty
Productive, and fast pace work enviroment
Licensed Associate (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAMay 16, 2017
My work days were fast pace, enjoyable knowing that what I did helped benefit people. I made sure we were protecting, what they couldn't afford to loose.

Management was ok, it was a self motivating environment.

The hardest part of the job was training myself, but I completed it all.

The best part of my job, was letting policy holder's know that they were covered when there was a loss.

The most enjoyable part was working with all of the kind customer's.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Manager was not that involved.
Low morale, low advancement, High turnover, Mandatory overtime,
Licensed Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAMarch 19, 2017
Not the best place to be. Horrible management with mandatory overtime, unattainable expectations, unreasonable metrics, high turnover, they will fire you for placing a customer on hold for one minute too long.
Pros
High earning potential
Cons
Poor Management, Employees are utterly insignificant
Very good place to work, enjoyed it.
Licensed sales associate (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJanuary 30, 2017
It was a great place to work including the other staff members. Professionally run with daily morning meetings to focus the days goals. Intense attention to customer services and proper sales.
Licensed Sales Associate
Licensed Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 27, 2017
Very good place to work for. There are lots of opportunity for you to advance in the field. This is a great job. The hours are long and can be tiring as well.
Okay
Licensed Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 18, 2016
Ok company to work for if you do not want a strong management team. Staff members seem to know more about policies and how to get the work done more than management. The work is easy to understand and coworkers are helpful.
Pros
Coworkers
Reliable company
Licensed Office Associate/Marketing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMay 20, 2016
Working for state farm is the greatest feeling. You know your clients will be getting the best customers service and the best claims handling
Great People , awesome environment to learn.
Licensed Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAApril 4, 2016
Starting a new career isn't always easy. The office I worked for was very supportive and accommodating to staff. Leaving this environment will not be an easy task.
Local and active in the community
PA licensed sales associate (Current Employee) –  Macungie, PAJanuary 13, 2015
The local office consisting for 4 licensed representatives assists with insurance sales, customer support and service.
Pros
Located in a quiet town and only a short distance from all main highways
Cons
Poor start up training program for employees and no benefits.
State Farm is a great insurance company
Licensed Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 11, 2015
State Farm is a great insurance company.

They comprehensive insurance to meet everyone's needs.
Most awesome career ever.
Office Manager/Licensed Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richwood, OHJanuary 3, 2015
Working for State Farm has been like having a larger family. The clients are wonderful and the employees are amazing to work with. I enjoy going to work every day knowing that there will always be something new and that I will be able to help someone in a positive way.

53.5K
42.7K
32K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Reviews by Location