State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Marketing Coordinator

Found 29 reviews matching the search See all 9,538 reviews
Great Company
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNFebruary 20, 2019
It really depends on the agent you end up working for, I would strongly encourage you to research the agency before making any decision of accepting any offer.
Good company
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAJanuary 27, 2019
I learned a lot and State Farm has a lot of different goals and quotas to encourage agents to succeed. They also have a very good staff that makes sure agents are meeting their goals or if they have any questions.
Lots to learn everyday.
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marysville, WA 98270January 22, 2019
The insurance world can be a complicated one, but you can grow to love it if you're willing to push yourself!!
Getting licensed is the toughest part of the job, other than that cold calling could pose a problem if you're not comfortable calling random strangers and try to sell them something.
Cons
no breaks, interrupted lunches, low commissions
Not what was expected
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 4, 2018
My typical day was supposed to be outside marketing, however we had someone leave; and I got pulled into a service role without growth opportunity. The hardest part of the job was not being able to trust what this particular manager said. The best part was helping people
Good environment
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJuly 24, 2018
It was a pleasure working and growing at State Farm insurance, this was a temporary job while I focused more of filming and editing for NYU. I feel that the flexibility was my favorite part about the position.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
not in film
State farm
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2018
I was able to gain this position at a time that I needed a job. My hopes were to gain more administrative experience however this position was rooted in sales and did not afford me the experience I expected.
management based work environment
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 29, 2018
the work environment was based on the lead agent(who ever the office is named after) the agent i was unfortunately paired with was hostile and very job intimidating no where near a good leader.
Pros
outside office work
Cons
bad leadership
MARKETING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WAMarch 13, 2018
great place to work, Great opportunity for advancement to growth and education. all around a wonderful place to work. competitive pay and benefits. Would defiantly recommend working there
Pros
oppertunity
Cons
low bonus
State Farm
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 9, 2018
I loved working for State Farm. I enjoyed most the interacting with customers and saving them money. My least favorite was working for someone that was never satisfied or grateful.
Great company
Marketing Specialist/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 1, 2017
if your looking for a place to grow and a place where you can watch your work change people lives this is a great place to be. Just to see a smile on there face.
Overall a good place to start out
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WANovember 21, 2017
I really enjoyed workin here for the time that I did. I felt I was not advancing to the level that I think I should be at given my education and experiece.
Good Benefits
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 16, 2017
Overall, State Farm is ok. Just apply and see what happens. Apply in more than department. Good luck and God bless. I believe they provide relocation assistance also.
No benefits
Marketing Coordinator & Bank Specialist (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAMay 19, 2017
No advancement Oppurtunities Poor training low pay Horrible commission and bonus structure poor leadership poor training no benefits Monday through friday
Good Company
Marketing Coordinator/Client Liaison (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 14, 2017
I would recommend State Farm to people who aren't afraid to make mistakes - (and learn from them), who don't mind speaking with customers when they are all over the emotional spectrum range and who throughly enjoy the chase of the sale. I would like to see State Farm agents offer additional benefits to employees (401K, health insurance, etc).
Sometimes State Farm can come across as the "mean big brother", but the agents truly have their customers best interests at heart.
Pros
Holidays and weekends off
Cons
No extra benefits
Productive and fun workplace
Intern marketing coordinator sales (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 23, 2017
Very educational, understanding and beneficial internship. I learned I was able to do things I didn't know I was capable of yet and highly recommend this opportunity. I appreciate it and hope to learn more in my future!
Pros
License, experience, confidence
Cons
Was a lot to do at the same time as school
Great company to work for
MARKETING COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOSeptember 23, 2016
Best Insurance company out there making it the best place to work. It is nice to work for a company that truly cares about it's policyholders and doesn't see them as just a premium payment.
Productive, supportive work place
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COAugust 26, 2016
Office environment is a team environment and everyone is encouraged to succeed. The management is driven to see their staff become successful.
Your one stop shop for insurance and financial services
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Claremont, CAMay 18, 2015
Great place to meet and talk to new people on a daily basis while educating customers about their everyday risk exposures enabling them to make educated decisions on their insurance coverage's. Our team is knowledgeable and experienced and always willing to help each other reach their goals.
Pros
ability to build personal relationships with policyholders/clients
Cons
Benefits and payscale are limited at the Agency level
State Farm Insurance
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasMarch 4, 2015
I assisted the agent as a telemarker in opening his office back in August and the office staff was wonderful. Best staff yet! Then in San Antonio I worked with another agent he was just at great mentor as my first boss.
SF Experience
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, N.Y. & Rock Hill, S.C.February 23, 2015
-Typical day entailed running outbound call campaigns, setting appointments with clients & businesses, creating consumer touchpoints in various ways

-I learned a lot about the insurance and financial services field and became savvy with State Farm as a corporation

-Management and organizational structure showed promise and inspired workers to exceed their goals

-Co-worker's were fantastic individuals, all presentable and personable in order to be effective in a face to face sales environment

-The hardest part of the job was leaving

-The most enjoyable part of the job was having autonomy
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Limited pay

53.5K
42.7K
32K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Reviews by Location