State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Office Assistant

Found 94 reviews matching the search See all 9,537 reviews
Great
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORApril 9, 2019
It was a great experience despite my short time there. The agent I worked for was very accommodating to my school needs. Additionally he was understanding of my termination of employment with him as I had been offered a position with in the local county veteran office.
Productive and relaxed work enviroment,
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 11, 2019
Every work day was very productive. I learned how to manage an office enviroment and multitask. The hardest part of the job was learning the details about the different types of insurance. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and building a bond with each of them.
Relating to customers
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAJanuary 28, 2019
I enjoyed giving friendly and cost effective service. Meeting customers needs with total commitment to making life a little easier for the client. Maintained a strong work ethic to meet monthly goals.
nice job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 20, 2019
super relaxed loved working there
great management flexible with hours
allowed vacation time
learned a lot
room to advance if that's what you're working toward
productive place to work in
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CADecember 18, 2018
Scheduled appointments/managed calendars, Answered phones, took messages and transferred calls , Performed data entry of confidential information, Created updated and maintained files/records/charts , Retrieved necessary files/records/charts to give accurate information over phone or in person
Friendly Team
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CANovember 5, 2018
My favorite part about my current job at State Farm Insurance is that I get to build lasting relationships with clients and team members. Each day is a new learning opportunity.
Productive and fun to work here.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Linn, OROctober 25, 2018
Answer calls, Assist customers with questions, Wright down a call list, Take payments. I learned very helpful computer skills and customers skills. Management was great very kind and helpful. My work culture was very professional. The hardest part about my job would be the wireless connection phone calls wouldn't come through sometimes but that was due to the area we were located. The most enjoyable part of my job is that we worked like a family very united to get the job done.
Pros
Company, benifits
Cons
wireless connection
Best Job Ever
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fillmore, CAOctober 5, 2018
This job was my most favorite one and liked the best, from my boss to the office manager and to the customers were AWESOME! This job I learned so much and had the best people teaching me. The agent was just not our boss but a supportive human being in our needs. Always took consideration of our family's and their needs too. I couldn't wait to wake up and go to work. This job had the BEST work environment that I ever seen, if I could I would jump for another opportunity to work here!
Good
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNSeptember 12, 2018
It was a good place to work just not the right fit. The people were very nice and accommodating when I questions and it proved I am still a smart person passing the property and casualty testing.
very fast paced environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waynesville, NCAugust 28, 2018
State Farm is individually owned by great people, however the individual businesses do not have enough employees to keep up with the pace of the customers.
Pros
fast paced environment with to few co-workers and a very demanding job then it's the place for you.
Cons
Great boss
Busy, challenging, productive workplace.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cary, ILJune 19, 2018
I call insured customers to make payments, make cold calls to get customers. Learned a lot about insurance. Hardest part is their computer system, older. Also, very minimal training - learn on your own or the hard way. Most enjoyable is the co-workers, they are awesome.
Small Family oriented employer
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 11, 2018
When you work at a State Farm office, you are an employee of the agent not the corporation. If you get a good agent, State Farm is a great place to work. The pay could be better.
Beginner
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 29, 2018
The position I held at State Farm was very entry level into insurance sales as well as auto insurance customer service and basic office funcitons. Management at this company is very helpful and welcoming.
Busy, productive officewith a fun and laid back attitude
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Paltz, NYMay 13, 2018
Its a great office with great people but the training style is not for everyone and I find myself more frustrated than satisfied. There is no
training manuals for reference. The environment, opportunities and company is great. Every office is going to be ran different depending on the agent/owner.
Pros
office lunch on wednesdays
Cons
No Medical at all does comp salary
Nice Office
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Selah, WAMay 10, 2018
Good place to work. I only worked there as a summer job and only a few hours a week. It seemed like everyone there was level headed. I just know I don't want a desk job.
N/a
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galt, CAMay 2, 2018
Great place to work. Good life balance, great benefits. Management is fun and outgoing. It is open six days a week, from 8:30 am- 5:30. Everyone at State Farm is helpful and friendly.
Agency vs Corporate
Office Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NYApril 22, 2018
Agency - great team within the office; Agent always wanted to see his team grow and develop in their career
Corporate- hard hours, very little work life balance, not for the faint of heart, low compensation with little room for growth
Good training, Must be a People Person
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 18, 2018
Working with State Farm involved a lot of phone calls. Management said that they paid for leads that were willing insurance customers (Rarely did you call a willing lead) You then had to deal with a lot of cussing and angry potential customers. Training was strong, very successful agency, no real benefits offered, low salary with commissions.
Great Company
Office Assistant - Team Member (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHApril 4, 2018
But if you work for the agents you do not receive any benefits like the company employees do, big down fall. If you are working for a company you should get the same benefits
Productive place to work that gives you the ability to climb the corporate ladder
Office Manager/Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTMarch 14, 2018
I very much enjoy working with State Farm, I have a fantastic relationship with my boss. Hours were flexible, my clients were fantastic people with whom I have built wonderful working relationships with, and I have learned a lot throughout my time with this company about banking and insurance as well as improving my computer skills.

53.5K
42.7K
32K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company.

Powered by Comparably