State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Office Manager

Loved working here
I really enjoyed working here, wish I hadn't left. The office is laid back, but professional. Steady work and interaction with clients. The agent was very flexible. Pay is a little low for the area. Overall a great place to work
Pros
Office culture
Cons
Expensive area and pay does not really support it.
Great Company
This is an awsome company to work for. It comea with great opportunity as long as you are willing to put forth the effort. Its hard eork but totally gratifying.
Productive with potential for personal growth development
If you work for an agent whom is active and looking to grow expect a busy environment. Working at a State Farm office has allowed me to grow as individual in aspects such as customer service skills, time management, proper business emails, and learning to multi task. The culture is based on the expectations of the agent. In my case sales is a focal point. the hardest part of the job is dealing with premium increased and attempting to retain customers during those times. Sometimes price can exceed the value one provides. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers with insurance needs.
Pros
potential for great income with sales plus commission
Cons
low sales creates tension in the office
Great Place
I have enjoyed the time and experience of working at State Farm. And I look forward to all the opportunities it has allotted me. We have a great culture and are expected to exceed.
Good workplace
Good 9-5 but lack of benefits. Some days are slower than others but overall it is a good company. Have to learn fast, it’s a faced paced job. I overall liked it
State Farm - Central Square, NY
Excellent management, a true leader that is down to earth - helpful and admits when they are wrong and need a helping hand. Great customer service with customers consistently acknowledging our efforts. Great office culture, with smiling faces and collaboration when a goal is on the table. Our manager always offered competitions for a variety of perks- more leave, getting off early for the day, extra commission, etc. The consistent acknowledgment of our life outside of work and ensuring we have a good balance was the biggest perk of this agency. Great leaders make great teams.
Pros
Leave Flexibility | PTO | Telework Opportunities
Cons
Low Commission, Close to No Benefits (Health, Dental & Vision)
I did not enjoy
I was hired as an office manager, not sales, however I was told that I needed to get my insurance licenses so that I would have an understanding of the business. Once I was licensed I was forced to sell life insurance if I wanted to keep my job. I spent thousands of dollars of my own money on certifications that I would never have needed. My employer was not honest with me about what my job would be.
Agent makes or breaks the experience
If you have a good agent who's is fair, fun and a good guy, you will have a good time working at an office. The agent makes his work environment as they like.
Stressful
A typical day starts way before the office opens. Since there was no cleaning lady I was tasked with cleaning the office and bathroom. I often had to fix mistakes made by other agents. I was treated not as an equal and was looked down up even though I was also a licensed agent. No room to get any commissions as I was to busy answer phones and cleaning up.
Cons
Find the Right Agent and you will love the job!
great place to work but not for everyone. need to be able to call and talk to people all day. sales keep it exciting but all depends on the agent and how they run the business.
Agents overpaid
Agents do not compensate their employees well enough. Causing employee morale to be low. Corporate should monitor how much the people on the forefront are actually compensated.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Poor oversite
Great agents, terrible corporation.
The Agents for state farm are independent contractors for the corporate company. Most experiences I had with individual agents were rather pleasant and they, for the most part, genuinely care about their clients. However, they basically have no power over coverage decisions, weather that be offering coverage to a potential new client, or if a claim is covered. That is all decided by State Farm algorithms and there's no leeway. State Farm as a corporation, does not care about its clients, they are nothing more than statistics, for a company that is not publicly traded they place far too much value in their bottom line and show complete disregard for their insureds.
Great
No complaints. Just not exciting or terribly stimulating. Lots of calling and daily marketing, very repetitive, and rarely compensated for outside of office activity.
Low Pay
State Farm is really a good company.
As a customer, and from a customer's perspective, it is really a good company to be insured with. Excellent in services.

But as a member of an agent office, working so hard, sold the most policies, been a long time, however, get the lowest pay compared to people who just started working.
Enjoyable workplace
State Farm was an enjoyable work place however my title was geared more towards management and I enjoyed having interactions with customers more . Leaving State Farm and going to the port was a financial decision
Pros
customers
Cons
pay
Productive and fun to work there.
I’ve learned a lot and crossed train on different lines of insurance. I opened and closed the office. I loved the regular clients I see every month. Specifically in that agency, we always “learned something new every day” and applied it to our daily tasks.
Review
I still work for State Farm, just looking to advance my career. They do not offer any type of benefits, so its hard to make a career unless you are an agent.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not getting paid commission
Each agent is different
Each agent for state farm is an independant contractor so when you work for an agent, you don't technically work for state farm. You work for that agent so the job and pay varies depending which agent you work for.
Family small business
When you work in a agents office, your not a Statefarm employee, therefore misleading as far as life benefits etc. your a independent contractor, and work only for the agent. This is a way for State Farm to pass cost onto agents.
Pros
Desk job
Cons
Contract work
If you get the right agent it could be a great place to work.
the agent I worked for was a strange combination of micromanaging and not being present at the same time. BUT not all state farm offices are like that. There are many great agents out there.
Pros
holidays off
Cons
agent didnt get leads making it hard to make sales
Agent Team Member- Office Manager
Corporate has zero idea how a small town works. It's unrealistic to think a rural community would be on the same level of technology as the large metro areas.
3.5K
2.7K
2K
Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

74%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

59%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Reviews by Location