State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Producer

Found 44 reviews matching the search See all 9,552 reviews
Good for Learning about insurance- all depends on the agent
Licensed Producer (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMarch 9, 2019
I worked for two different State Farm agents the first was good at training but strict about he would never show you something twice. My commission structure changed weekly and so did my salary. I would be reviewing my commission statement and wonder why it was so low and he would say "oh I changed it again". You can never work from home, no training I figured everything out myself, and only get one week of PTO and sick days. They also don't provide life insurance so I had to pay for that out of pocket. The base salary is $30k with "uncapped commission" although my base salary would change weekly between that and $20k. The more commission you start making they will bump up the minimum amount you have to sale in order to make commission making it harder. The agent's also refuse to talk to the insured's about coverage questions. The second agent was new but offered the same thing as the first no PTO or sick days no medical coverage. You will spend all 8 hours of your day cold calling leads only for 95% to be fake.
Pros
you get to kind of learn about insurance
Cons
literally everything
I do not think they deserve a full star, maybe 1/8
Agent Producer (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTFebruary 4, 2019
I only worked there about 10 Weeks, I seen the boss about 5 times, a young girl that worked there was to busy completing her on-line classes on her lap top with her feet on the desk, some money was missing, and she conveniently found the money when the customer complained that her cash payment the young girl took was not posted to her account a week after she made the payment.
Cons
every thing
Productive work environment
Producer (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 8, 2018
Writing Policies
Servicing Policies
Team Work
Cross selling
The most enjoyable part of this job was the gratitude of knowing you were helping someone everyday.
Nice place to work at
Licensed Producer (Current Employee) –  South Barrington, ILNovember 14, 2018
It had a lot of space for you to make your own decisions and choices to help yourself make money. You really work for yourself, so its very self driven.
Not for me...
Producer (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILAugust 4, 2018
The company culture was adolescent at best. This was not a place for adults looking to advance their career, but one that was designed to be a joke.
Choose your agent wisely
Multi-Line Producer (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OhioJuly 17, 2018
Not all SF agents are created equal.. Choose wisely. Make sure you background check them, including financial stability of the agent and social media accounts. Also, review their marketing strategy.
Wouldn’t work anywhere else
Producer (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 7, 2018
I’ve been with State Farm for almost two years, started as a service team member with one agent, then took a sales role with another agent. I’ve been fortunate to have worked for excellent agents- they truly do make all the difference as far as day to day work goes. I also love the fact that I can truly get behind State Farm as a company- they truly do take care of their policyholders plus one 99.9% of the time. I trust our products, and they give me the ability to sell on value over just price. I will say it isn’t for everyone- you have to be able to be the smiling face of a good neighbor, while simultaneously solving complex problems and connecting dots with corporate departments for seamless customer care.
It’s great for go getters, but it’s not going to be the job you punch in and out of every day until retirement. My agents have inspired me to want my own agency one day. I love helping people and solving problems, so I love State Farm.
Pros
Learning experience, earning potential, advancement opportunities, helping people during some of the worst times in their lives.
Cons
Can get overwhelming, you won’t make money if you aren’t always pushing yourself
Wonderful place to grow in knowledge and expand
Licensed Producer/ Bank Certified (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMarch 23, 2018
Teamwork makes the dream. Always pay attention to every detail. I really enjoy helping others with their needs and seeing a smile on many faces. God bless
Awesome
Producer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77056March 11, 2018
Great Company but pay was not satisfying. I am not willing to work somewhere that is commission based only.Flexible with the hours and works with you if your in school.
Customer Service
Producer (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCFebruary 9, 2018
Daily sales and service of all insurance products.
Scheduled insurance reviews with customers
Daily deposits

The most enjoyable part was talking with customers and face to face customer service.

The hardest part was leaving because I was the last one hired and agency was not making enough to keep all the employees, so I was the first to go.
Easy-Going Environment with a competitive aspect
Agent / Producer (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHFebruary 7, 2018
The job offered the opportunity to earn an uncapped amount of money, but you have to put in a lot of work to earn a high amount from commission. It is a fairly relaxed work environment.
management
Agent/Producer (Former Employee) –  Elmsford, NYFebruary 7, 2018
the job culture is sales driven,

the State Farm computer system is constantly being updated, s there is a learning curve involved to get to the point of sales past the daily management of existing customer policies. this can be stressful if the agent's office is building a book with minimal clients, or an over-abundance of already existing customers and a staff of under 3 employees.
Wouldn't Recommend
Producer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 22, 2018
It's a good place to get your footing in the insurance industry but not much more than that. I know most of the agents in my city and there's a ton of drama. The agents can't afford to pay the producers a decent living and have unrealistic sales expectations.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Poor pay and benefits
Independent Agents
Administrative Licensed Producer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 16, 2018
When you are an insurance producer for State Farm, you are actually working for the agent who owns the franchise. They generally fall at the under 15 employee rule. You have no employment rights or benefits. Its a bitter sweet combo. I did not like it because selling insurance is just not for me.
Pros
Bankers hours.
Cons
Sales
Not very productive.
Producer (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILJanuary 10, 2018
Agent and office manager were not very helpful. Office manager felt unobliged to give help when asked and people were out to take his job. Not a very friendly atmosphere.
Pros
Great hours.
Cons
No health care. dental or medical.
good management team, room for advancement
Licensed Producer (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GAJanuary 9, 2018
quality place to work. friendly environment, could be better pay and more opportunities. Training could be much better. no schooling given to new hires. thrown in to the environment and have to learn all on your own or rely on other employees for help.
Based on agencies I worked at.
Licensed Producer (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 11, 2017
I worked at two locations in NJ and both had very knowledgeable previous underwriters as owners which was great. I learned a lot and worked with other producers who were well knowledge. The compensation plans were my only issues.
Great for a newly licensed producer!
Producer (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 1, 2017
Great opportunity for a newly licensed producer but hard work at first to build up a book of business and referrals. Reputable company if you work with an experienced and fair agent.
Pros
Great reputation
Cons
Hard work and long hours
Meh
Producer (Former Employee) –  Saluda County, SCOctober 20, 2017
Its ok, in my opinion, not paid nearly as much as i should have been. You do the work and people and barely get paid for the work of 1 . And if business is slow, you have n control over your fluctuating pay checks
I loved working for this company.
Agent/Producer (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAOctober 13, 2017
company very diversified. lot of opportunities for training, education, job advancement. Good work environment. Mangers are willing to train employees, encourage personal growth. Would recommend this company -
Pros
a good learning environment - mentorship programs etc.

53.5K
42.7K
32K

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

74%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

59%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss