State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Retention Specialist

Found 22 reviews matching the search See all 9,551 reviews
Productive workplace
RETENTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAFebruary 14, 2019
Great work environment . Easy to learn, Team work, Supervisor are a awesome help, Team meeting are very productive. Very flexible work shifts. Very Balance
Pros
Cafteria on site
Cons
Long walk to work area
Productive and easy going enviorment
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 24, 2018
The workplace depends on the agent. My agent helped train us to be able to carry out policy and procedure while keeping the policyholder happy. I learned how to efficiently deescalate tense situations with policyholders.
Pros
very family orientated
Cons
No HealthCare
Your career is what YOU make it
Marketing & Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 24, 2018
I started with State Farm 17 years ago, then it was a job. Today, I have created a CAREER. I made it what I wanted. Nothing is handed to you at State Farm. If you want it, go get it. If it doesn't exist, which my path didn't, create it. I did and you can too!
Pros
variety
Cons
Corporate
horrible place if under a inexperienced agent
Client Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 21, 2018
worked for a new agent just past the 3 year business mark in the opening of the agency. They were not innovative to keep up with a growing industry. Ill developed mobile app and archaic insurance writing systems, horrible rates, and poor sales strategy will continue to have the agency and this company fall behind competitors.
the work to home balance was impossible as they are understaffed and poorly paid to be able to effectively finish the work, thus causing employees to bring home laptops to finish. Text and emails sent everyday of the week is hard to separate work from home as well. Agent was only active with a budget but not with retaining clients and did not go above and beyond causing high cancellations. The company as a whole is not competitive and has nothing to offer. no benefits, volunteer, or culture causing people to not succeed or try harder!
Pros
client relationships
Cons
favoritism, no advancement, poor training
my experience wasn’t good
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXMay 11, 2018
my experience working for SF wasn’t good. the management team i was with, not the best, and lacked professionalism. i wasn’t getting paid on tome and if i was i would only receive half of my pay and then it would almost an IOU. wasn’t happy and decided go leave when i did.
high school intern
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 17, 2018
As a high school intern working in a sales driven work force is not always fair. I felt as though I was taken advantage of because of my age. I was restricted from doing many things with the company because of my age.
Multiple Line Representative/ Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 4, 2017
Insurance is an industry that will forever have a demand therefore you will find that there is job security and don’t have to worry about it being and industry that could potentially go out of business
Fast Paced work environment
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maryland, New York, New Mexico and CaliforniaNovember 15, 2017
I have grown over the last 16 plus year from a brand new licensed agent, to a Retention Specialist, working remote for agents all across the US. I have been able to carve out a niche for myself, that has allowed me the opportunity to expand beyond the typical 9-5 position. A typical day for me starts before 7am and finishes around 10pm. The hardest part of my job is the lack of job security. The most enjoyable part of my job is the flexibility to take on creative projects and opportunities to help individual agents grow their book of business.
Poor management
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  DelawareSeptember 7, 2017
My typical day began with entering payments and making sure policy holders were current. I learned more about insurance policies (home, auto, life etc)
Pros
Great hours
Cons
No benefits or advancement
A insurance that cares for your future
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 15, 2017
A day to start off is to call all clients that have birthdays and anniversary's. Take care of all clients that walk in to the facility to help in any need that needs to be met.
Great place to work if you have the right manager
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 2, 2017
Great place to work if you have the right manager. The first couple of managers I had were lovely and was a pleasure working with them. The last one on the other hand was bad enough to make me quit.
Productive and exciting work place
Receptionist/Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSFebruary 6, 2017
I do not wish to provide a public opinion. I had my ups and downs in this job, but it was an excellent experience opportunity and I learned enough to help me become more career oriented.
great place
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 16, 2016
everyone is friendly for the most part, a few ppl have been there for years and of course they have a MAJOR say when it comesw to what goes on at the office. so if u wanna work here long term u need to be able to keep them happy along with the boss. if they dont like u, then ur out the door
Good Career path
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 15, 2016
In such a short time I gained much experience and gained a Property and Casualty License through a program that I will last me for 2 years. Great staff to work with, competitive but compassionate group and Agent. Insurance is a career choice that I will love to continue or any finance/customer service career path. Room for growth and programs to become an Agent of your very own office. The pressure and work load was outstanding but most likely not suitable for most people of course without proper training. Overall great company!
Pros
Commission, Rewards, Further Education
Cons
No workers compensation, No proper training
Sales Focus Environment
Sales and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 17, 2015
Learned many valuable lessons in small office management. Statefarm gives incredible support to its staff. Sales and Retention are most important when working with an Agency. I would recommend working for Statefarm to anyone that is open to network outside the office and is eager to goal oriented sales.
Fast paced
Retention & Homeowners Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLOctober 19, 2015
Very fast paced environment. A lot of selling involved. Great place to gain knowledge and grow. Very big on numbers and not much else.A lot of variety in the day to day.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Promotions not based on seniority
Great place to learn the importance of customer service
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MnNovember 2, 2014
Assisting clients to insure that they are properly insured
Great Place
Customer Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Millbrae, CAJune 25, 2014
Very comfortable place to work, management is great, most enjoyable part is the free coffee and talking to people all the time, I learned a lot about insurance and it is a good life-hack.
productive and fun workplace with T.V.
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 16, 2014
I really enjoyed working at State Farm, it was a wonderful experience. The mangemnet was great and i loved all of my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the customers making them feel number.
Pros
jean and t-shirt day on fridays, tv in the front room
Cons
short breaks
great company
Retention Specialist/Claims Processing, Spanish (Former Employee) –  Severna Park, MDNovember 20, 2012
StateFarm is a great company with strong values. There is always room for growth and the opportunities to learn are endless. My experience was a positive one; most of all because I had a great group of people in the office.

53.5K
42.7K
32K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company.

Powered by Comparably