State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Found 94 reviews matching the search See all 9,544 reviews
we helped each other more like family
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INMarch 19, 2019
I worked with several customers and mostly all of them left satisfied. Any questions asked my customers all ways got the best answer and very detailed!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
flexibility
Micro managed and not trained
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIMarch 16, 2019
The owner hired me for a part time position, but then before I was trained he had to have surgery so I was expected to fill in full time hours. When he was there, he listened in on my conversations with customers and ran into my office to correct me in front of the customer. When he returned from a 2 month absence, he put me back on part time hours which then caused a financial hardship. My sales were where they should have been, but I was told sales were not enough.
He has told everyone that I mismanaged cash which isn't true. I credited a payment to the wrong account, which was fixable, and in my defense, there were 4 people in the household with the exact name.
Maybe other agents are better to work for but the agent I worked for was not someone I would recommend.
Pros
None really
Cons
Micro managed and expected to work without training
Very productive environment, work ethic always at its highest.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2019
I have been a part of the Statefarm for 5 years as a customer for 10 or more, always good customer service on top of their clients with future services that Statefarm could offer. Don’t have no complaints just my agent retiring.
High Functioning Office Space that Competes Daily
Team Leader/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 5, 2019
An overall typical 9-5 schedule. Fast paced at times with seasonal ebbs and flows. Management was fun and high energy, while staying within the mission, and keeping goals first. A competitive but genuine environment, and that would have to be the high point of the job in my opinion. It brings out the best in sales driven environments when people are helping one another while still striving for their own goals. The most difficult part was dealing with cold call lists. They are usually intricate and take time to sort before starting the real work which is getting people to talk to you when they are finally off work and able to relax. It is also very difficult to create much customer loyalty when you get people to do something based solely on price, which for me is why 99% of cold call business occurred.
Pros
Flexible break schedule
Cons
No healthcare provided
Great Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 19, 2019
I enjoy my job at State Farm and I hope to become an agent someday. I am part time, so right not the benefits I receive are hourly payment and commission for any sales I do. The team environment is great and I feel welcomed.
Pros
Sales Commissions, Team environment, opportunity for growth.
Cons
Sometimes I feel like a telemarketer.
State Farm Tony Lopez Agency
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 6, 2019
It is an amazing place to work. The managers in the company help a lot. The owner of the company invest a lot in the group grow. The principal agent has a open door policy when somebody wants to talk about anything.
sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 18, 2019
I was not happy. The owner was a bully. Had favoritism and pay was horrible. I was not satisfied with my position and every day was a headache due to my employer.
Great Place to Learn and Grow
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTJanuary 13, 2019
State Farm is a well organized and managed company. Competitive rates and products that meet the needs of their customers. They have generous policies that cover more than other smaller carriers. Great claim service.
Good Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GADecember 5, 2018
Great company.. demanding but good. Great hours, great leadership and training. Will pay for your training and licensing if required for your position. A lot of room for growth.
Stressfull work enviroment with poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXDecember 2, 2018
I worked there for about a month and then decided to quit. A days work consisted of making 130 plus phone calls and sells before I ever got my license (I got my license the week before I quit), skipping through my state farm training because the agent I worked for thought it was useless, her take my State Farm exams for me, getting told I need to make sales even though the contract I signed stated I didn't have to make any sales till month 2, and studying for my state exam. The entire time I worked there I felt ill informed causing the high stress work environment. This probably isn't for all agents I just got a very pore one.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Tons
Good place to work but
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 11, 2018
Everything is based on the office you are working for and the size of their book.

The environment of the office is greatly determined by the agent which can be good or bad.
Fun Work Environmen t
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 13, 2018
laid back and great atmosphere, management is great, Everyone treat each other with dignity and respect. The moral on the floor is very high and we have a strong bond.
Independent agents run their office how they want to run their office
Team Member/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Genoa, ILJune 19, 2018
I loved the company State Farm but the independent agent I worked for made illogical decisions for the customer so I ended working for him. I assumed all State Farm agents operated a fully ethical operation but learned that each agent creates their own business to satisfy their own personal goals.
Pros
exciting career
Cons
independent agents are too independent
productive fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, NYJune 7, 2018
I enjoyed my time at State Farm. I am grateful for the skills and oppurtunities that were provided to me. The skills I learbed working there have only helped to further me in my career path.
Pros
flexibility
Great co-workers & Agent, low pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 15, 2018
The coworkers are great. Learned more about the insurance industry. Opportunity for advancement within the company if you want to become an agent. Low pay depending on office.
Poor Sales Environment in Depressing Atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTApril 25, 2018
It was impossible to sell. Most of my time was devoted to fixing past errors that had nothing to do with me. The internal system NECHO is ancient and is impossible to work with, it is hard to sell while trying to maneuver through an archaic program.

The customer service piece took the most time, we were inadequately staffed from the get-go. There were only Three of us, including the agent and so we could never accomplish anything.

The Marketing Campaigns and Strategies I employed were lost because there were never any new leads.

If we had had adequate staff to handle Customer Service while a Sales Team focused on numbers it would have been doable, but as it was the office was too small and the clientele base too dry.
Pros
Nice Mentor
Cons
Impossible to Sell, Understaffed
I got to help people choose what was best for them
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ArkansasApril 24, 2018
Working for State Farm allowed me the unique opportunity to not only help my friends and family be adequately covered but also my local community. I enjoyed the day to day interactions with customers and freedom to plan my day around my sales and service. Management was ALWAYS present in some form to help coach me into a better salesperson and a better representative
for our company.
fun job, but serveral issues everyday
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 11, 2018
ENJOYED WORKING AND OBTAINING NEW CLIENTS! ALSO ENJOYED EXPLAINING OTHER PRODUCTS AND GETTING THEM LAUNCHED WITH OUR CO. Re: our office, not enough help to meet the managers goals on our own. Manager not 100% on board with being a part of the policy building team. Impossible to please this manager.
Pros
Nice office as in decorated and private office
Cons
mgr not on the same page with obtaining goals at all..no benefits
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMarch 22, 2018
Great work environment, great staff
Enjoyed my time there
Management was great
Typical day was making 15 sales calls a day.
Sales goal are meetable
amber bishop didnt know how to manage ppl as well as instruct and teach us the things we needed to know
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Could have been better but she made the whole experience bad. I was approached while working some place else and was offered and opportunity to work for a new agent that needed a team to build up the business. Started off cool but as time went on thinks started to go south. The ladies in the office had attitudes with each other also i couldn't learn tge things i needed to know to be comfortable and well as knowledgeable to sale the insurance policies.

53.5K
42.7K
32K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Reviews by Location