State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Sales Producer

Found 29 reviews matching the search See all 9,524 reviews
Hated It
Sales/Producer (Current Employee) –  Harahan, LAJanuary 14, 2019
The job itself was a joke. My agent was new and very wishy washy. Never knew if what she said one day will be what we should do the next. Would not reccomend.
Fun place to work very exciting enviorment
Licensed Sales Producer/ Risk Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 11, 2019
Fun place to work very exciting enviorment learning experience is key multiple benefits awsome career to pursue, always a hustle fun to do cold calls only some inbound plus referrals
Pros
Pay is great and learning experience is key
Cons
High churns due to increasing rates
Revolving Door
LICENSED SALES PRODUCER/ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta North, GADecember 30, 2018
Statefarm believes the customer is always right no matter how abusive they are to the service representatives.They need to honor the workers they have
Pros
The pay is great, health benefits, retirement plan, education reimbursement, gym membership reimbursement
Cons
Unrealistic goal expectations, point system is horrible, employees are just bodies in a seat going through a rotating door
Productive and family environment
Sales Producer (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALDecember 21, 2018
Everyday is something different. We are able to provide customers with the knowledge they need about what works best for their lifestyle. The hardest part of the job is making customers understand the importance of insurance.
Pros
Working with great people.
Cons
Not having any major health benefits.
Avoid if you can
Licensed Sales Producer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 12, 2018
There is always a bait and switch. Avoid working for an independent agent. They don't care about their customers or their workforce. The will hire you in sales and then load you up with service issues so you can't make any sales calls. Agents hide in their office. Most agents can't keep people for very long because they are so bad at being honest and receiving feedback. Many are young and immature. I've met many narcissists in this company. If you accept a job keep applying elsewhere. They ALWAYS bait and switch and under pay you. It's a very dishonest company that way, Each new hire is upset. They will hire Aspire candidates even though they know a person will never be an agent and it's only to farm leads. The agents also get payment from SF to have an Aspire employee but don't be fooled, you're just a telemarketer and service rep. Remember they are using you, Just get licensed, learn the job while you keep applying elsewhere, or marry the agent.
Pros
You learn the job
Cons
Agents are usually really bad bosses
My time at State Farm was great!
Licensed Sales Producer & Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Upper Montclair, NJJuly 27, 2018
I really enjoyed my employment at State Farm. I came from a career in Hospitality & Customer Satisfaction and at State Farm, I was able to use my experience in dealing with customer to excel and increase sales production. I managed and confirmed appointments for customers to come in and purchase the policies. Until my agent helped me get my own licenses so I can sell the policies myself. Overall I am very appreciative of State Farm helping me get started in an industry that I otherwise would have never thought I would enjoy so much.
Extremely difficult place to work because work assignments were not clearly stated..
Producer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMay 22, 2018
A typical day at work started with reviewing any telephone calls received prior night and returning those calls to customers. Internet leads were reviewed and calls to potential customers were made. Telephone calls were answered from clients and potential clients concerning quotes on various insurances.

Management was not clear on assignments and was not often available to answer questions concerning those assignments. His demand to answer his calls to us immediately even if we were with a customer was unreasonable. This often caused us to miss a sale.

The office environment was very noisy and very tense. Non licensed person was often put in charge and did not know what was required of the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was waiting on customers and helping them to get the insurance they needed.
Pros
Helping clients get necessary insurance.
Cons
Bad work environment.
Productive Work Place
Sales Producer (Current Employee) –  Bee Cave, TXMarch 16, 2018
It gets super busy and you work with a team to get things done. It's fantastic. You get to meet a lot of new people and there's always something new to learn about the products.
A very Strong company to work for
Sales Producer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 22, 2017
A productive and enjoyable place to work, you get what you put in.I has a great atmosphere and the people are very friendly and willing to help.
I started the renter program to help expand the products and to create policy count. This was meant to also open more doors for cross selling.
Pros
the people you work with
Cons
location
State Farm
Licensed Sales Producer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2017
State Farm is a great place to work, love the environment I am and and it is also not stressful, I have been in a fast pace- over bearing job and this is not that! Its great.
insurance
Sales/Producer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 15, 2017
home,auto, life, health, commercial insurance. you can do sales or csr work. good management and a good company to work for. competitive in sales but you have guidance
Great Agent Program
Sales Producer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 27, 2017
I worked with an agent for four year right out of college. It is one of the best decisions I have ever made. My agent that I worked under was professional and taught me the ins and outs of the sales process and how to contribute within his agency.
Pros
Compensation was weak
Cons
Great motivator
Workplace
Office Manager, Sales Producer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 11, 2017
typical Insurance agency procedures. assisted customers with all phases of the insurance buying process. Fun and easy going environment, fast-paced with minimal stress
I enjoyed working for State Farm
OFFICE MANAGER AND SALES PRODUCER (Former Employee) –  Taylors SCMarch 2, 2017
A typical day at state farm was training and helping other agents do their job. Also selling property & casualty, commercial and life.
We also did auto and mortgage loans at State Farm.
Work place was great. The hardest part of the job was selling all three lines of business in a given day.
I enjoyed taking great care of my clients.
Cons
No health benefits
Licensed Sales Producer
LICENSED SALES PRODUCER (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJanuary 28, 2017
Learned how to sell insurance. Learned scripts to make calls to potential new insureds. The workplace was a face paced environment. The management was always will to help you do well.
Very valuable experience
Sales Producer (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 18, 2016
I became an insurance agent as a second career. I joined forces with State Farm upon my original licensing. I gathered a fantastic base of experience during my time with State Farm.
it all depends.
Licensed Sales Producer (Former Employee) –  MarylandJune 27, 2016
It all depends. where you work, who you work for, and if you receive a salary + commission. This can be a great position for those wnating to pursue this field. However I rank Allstate higher than State Farm.
Hard work. You learn a lot.
Customer Relations/ Sales Producer (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 12, 2016
Working in insurance is hard work. You constantly have to be on top of never ending calls and issues. The people you help are amazing, but giving them bad news is hard.
Account Rep and sales
Licensed Sales Producer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 17, 2016
Providing excellent customer service with a one call resolution. Making sure clients have an understanding of there policies and needs. Binding coverages for clients.
Networking possibilities unlimited
Sales Producer/ Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GaOctober 6, 2015
I currently work for State Farm under an agent. This agent is all about the numbers and meeting goals. The environment is great, and I love the interaction I get to have with my customers.
Pros
Networking is unlimited
Cons
No benefits working under an agent, low pay

53.5K
42.7K
32K

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

74%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

59%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss