State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Found 341 reviews matching the search See all 9,562 reviews
Excellent
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAApril 24, 2019
Excellent advancement opportunities, management is helpful in assisting you in advancement and State Farm commits to staying true to their core values.
Good work environment with a good work flow
Casualty & Property sales (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILApril 23, 2019
Was given enough leads to call customers cold and hot and if you need to renew you license, they will pay to get it renewed. My office was close to my house and my boss and co-workers were great
worst job I ever had
Sales (Former Employee) –  Big Spring, TXApril 22, 2019
Had lots of promises given to me that never happened, It was a constant battle with the owner/agent. Never received any training or help. It was basically hurry and get certified and make me money. What have you done for me today situation.
productive and fast
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2019
i enjoyed working with State farm, the days went by fast, no down time. people in the office were great. I learned a lot. They had great customer service and great rates.
Lousy place to work
Sales starter (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAApril 5, 2019
Too much autonamy. Not enough actual work. I think I would have been happy in the long run. But it was just unrealistic sales goals. Managers who make excuses for every incompetence. Then pretend that their experience is why you should listen to them.
Pros
Not there anymore
Cons
Boss was constantly improvising
Worked in Agents Office
Sales & Customer Relations Agent (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 1, 2019
Working for an agency verse corporation may be very different. Agency does not provide a lot of advancement for the the team members. Agents get all the credit for everything the team members do. Most do not provide any benefits such as health insurance or 401K.
Great Compnay to work for, management support is great!
Sales Representative/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMarch 28, 2019
Upper Management is always there for your support! Training is available for all aspects of the job. Class room and Computer training is available and easily accessible.
Pros
Great Atmosphere!
CCC Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 19, 2019
The company is very employee centered. I felt valued and management encouraged greatness. My coworkers felt like family. Goals from management were very transparent. I really enjoyed and valued the company's culture.
Great Company
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Powder Springs, GAMarch 18, 2019
State Farm provides the best training for success. Finding the rite agent is key. The support that is given is amazing. I would recommend working for State Farm to anyone who is looking for a stable work environment.
Good place to hone Sales skills, bad for morality`
Claims Specialist and Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 17, 2019
If you want to become a better salesperson work here.
If you life people and don't want to be constantly explaining to everyone why their rates have gone up don't work here.
Pros
sales, training
Cons
no benefits, goals unrealistic
The opportunity is as good as the agent.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 17, 2019
It's best to find an agent that is engaged in their business and sincerely cares about their clientele as well as their employees. If your goal is to help people in a time of need and desire to learn sales and networking, this could be the job for you.
Pros
Great place to learn marketing and sales techniques as well as building customer relationships
Cons
Management differs greatly from agency to agency
Great work environment
Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 11, 2019
State farm was a good place to work. The company itself is a great company. Overall it was a very relaxed environment. As a service worker your average day was spent making calls to clients that were past due on their premium payments. As well as assisting current clients with their policies. Worked for a great Agent that managed very professionally. The hardest part of the job was trying to get sales when there were 4 other state farms within a half mile radius of the location. the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet a lot of new people and work with a great team.
Fine Job
Sales (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 10, 2019
I worked in the sales department. Good money while in school, but not a lifelong career. Good benefits and they offer tuition reimbursement and a matched 401K, which is great.
Pros
Good culture, incentives
Cons
Management and continual training are touch and go
Okay place to work
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Addison, TX 75001March 8, 2019
Great place to learn
Fun
Close to dallas
nice people
manager was nice and direct
own office
snacks provided
great place to advance your carrier in.
Great working place.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CAMarch 5, 2019
I worked here for a while now and it’s tome to move on with my life and change it up a bit. I really enjoyed my time there. It was a good experience. But now i shall move on.
I really enjoyed my time at State Farm Insurance. I was given freedom and taught when needed.
Licensed Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, MO 65706March 1, 2019
My management and workplace culture was the best. The hardest part of the job is needing to make sales but people not needing the insurance you need to sell. The best part of the job was the environment and the people I worked with.
Pros
Enviroment
Cons
Sales at times
Good place to work, poor advancement opportunity
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 25, 2019
The job culture was great the job was great as well but I was looking to advance into claims, management wasn't the best in helping advance into another field. Very difficult to move from one field to another without experience in the other field, when hiring a large group they sometimes only allow external applications which make it harder to find an opening in another field.
Great job if you have a weird work life balance
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 24, 2019
Good company, great benefits, fun work environment, schedule flexibility, many job options, good management, attendance points system is not great because I could literally get shot and I’d still get in trouble for not showing up
My Experience
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 22, 2019
Overall working for this company is a fun, quick paced, working environment. It’s a great pivotal point into the insurance industry. I must say the benefits are minimal.
#1 Insurer in the nation
MULTI-LINE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 19, 2019
Opportunity to help change lives. The number one insurance company. Growth could mean corporate or Agency (become your own boss). Just like anything in life, you get out of it what you put into it. Take advantage.

53.5K
42.7K
32K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Reviews by Location