State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Sales and Marketing Manager

Found 37 reviews matching the search See all 9,535 reviews
n/a
Marketing and Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 23, 2019
Long hours and not much pay in an agent's office unless you are the agency owner. Some agent's won't take no for an answer and you feel like you're badgering people that will never buy anything and wasting your time because the agent needs the sale.
Great Working environment
Sales and Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 16, 2018
This company teaches sales and how to make the most of every interaction with with potential clients. Effective sales is a grind that is defined by following up with potential buyers. This company provides leads and opportunity. What you do with those things shapes your skill at sales.
Supportive agent, wanted us to advance and be successful
Marketing and Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 23, 2018
No benefits, Agents make all the money. Changed the bonus compensation at a whim. Too short staffed to make the necessary outside sales calls to get sales needed to get bonnus
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Pay not too competive
fun workplace
Sales/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXFebruary 5, 2018
It is a professional environment with good staff. There is training well provided. Many additional training available and growth opportunities provided.
Pros
1hr lunch and paid holidays
Cons
competetive
Decent Company
Sales & Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Waterford, MINovember 15, 2017
Working for an independent agency affords some autonomy. My experience has been good. I love my agent, we have a great rapport and the only reasons that I'm exploring my options is soley based on earning potential, benefits and security.
State Farm
Sales and Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 13, 2017
Agency work is not the best, specially with how high insurance rates are in Miami. I would recommend trying our corporate. Pay is alright and time off is just 10 days.
great place to work
Account Manager/Marketing Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 7, 2017
if I was to ever go back I will look into the agents positions. They are overall a great company to work for. Agents that I have worked for in the past are awesome.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Amazing company, completely changing
Agency Sales Resources (Marketing) (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 13, 2017
Great company, great benefits, New CEO, has since completely changed culture and implemented new time off policy for employees who are penalized for emergencies and sick days, requiring them to lose jobs. For the first time are implementing "lay offs"
Benefits
Cons
Change in benefits
Gives you lots of experiece with customer service
Marketing/Sales (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 16, 2017
Decent work place, work mainly off of commission. Requires lots of customer service experience to insure the customer gets the optimal experience. Salary dependent on the agent you work for.
Love my job.
Sales Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Floresville, TXJanuary 25, 2017
Working beneath an agent can be tough but if you find a truthful agent you'll love your job.
I work for an amazing agent however reaching your goals to unlock commission can be tough and never guaranteed. If your not goo at marketing do not apply for a sales job.
Excellent & financially stable company
Marketing & Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beaver, PAJanuary 24, 2017
A team member at here makes many sales calls a day to drive business growth & retention. You work with the public daily & ensure customer satisfaction to meet their needs.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
no benefits for team members
Casual environment with fun people to work with.
Office Manager/Sales and Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 23, 2016
Working for State Farm was an experience that taught me how important customer service skills are. The casual work environment made it easy to come to work everyday. Upper management was wonderful, and was understanding about time off. The hardest part of the job was when we had customers that weren't understanding of their billing or rate increases. Overall, the job was enjoyable.
Pros
closed during lunch, understanding boss
Great Place to get experience
Inside Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Highland Village, TXNovember 1, 2016
I took this job as an internship for a college course. It was a great place to work and I enjoyed working with my colleagues, but the insurance industry is just not for me.
If you work for a great agent you will love your job
Marketing / Sales (Current Employee) –  Burbank, ILJuly 16, 2016
I have loved every hour of working at the Rani Taweel State Farm Agency. If you are working in agency it gives you a great understanding of how to run a business, whether it involves: Public Relations with your community, Marketing, Managing, or even just the selling aspect of the company. You will learn to develop many skills working there.

But, if you are working for an agent who is not hands on at their own office and rely on their employees to run the show, it will be stressful and something that you do not enjoy doing.

I never wake up with the thought of "I wish I didn't have to go to work today."
Pros
Flexible hours, Uncapped Commission, Salary based, Great Shifts, With a good agent comes a good work environment
Cons
Work tends to follow you home, You have to deal with the customers who aren't that knowledgable to this business so, you need patience.
inform customers on products needed
Sales, Service and Marketing (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 5, 2015
You are able to help people choose the right policy for them. Inform customers on what coverage is needed. Great work environment and wonderful training.
Comfortable work environment
Administrative Assistant/Marketing/Sales (Former Employee) –  Sparta, TN and Cookeville, TNJuly 7, 2015
A typical day consisted of taking payment by phone or in person and helping customers in many ways.
There was a good relationship with all the co-workers which made coming to work each day enjoyable.
I was able to push myself to learn things I didn't know. I would say pushing myself was the hardest, yet most rewarding thing.
Pros
Working with great people and helping customers
Cons
No healthcare
Worked for an Insurance Agent
Marketing & Sales (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJune 9, 2015
Overall the job was a nice way to build customer service skills. However, the way the office was managed could have used some major improvement. Also there was a lot of office drama that really brought down the whole morale.
Team based environment
Marketing/Sales (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTMay 13, 2015
My job was in sales/marketing. I would service current customer policies in order to ensure quality to our customers. Every member of the team was a team player, and we made sure that we all were learning.
Progressive, interactive support technician in Fortune 500 Company
Agency Sales Resources Technician, Marketing (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 29, 2015
My primary responsibilities include assisting agents with marketing, directional media, supplies, social media, Prospector Plus, building relationships, and general advertising issues. Infuse every interaction with Remarkable service. Instill confidence in State Farm and the State Farm brand. The environment was professional, yet fun and relaxed.
Pros
Benefits, learning something new every day, and agent interaction
Cons
Slow growth within company
Stable and reliable place to work.
Multiline Sales Representative/Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDFebruary 24, 2015
While the job itself provides many an opportunity for compensation and achievement, the workplace culture lacks in consistency and consideration.

53.5K
42.7K
32K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company.

Powered by Comparably