State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Team Leader

Found 30 reviews matching the search See all 9,544 reviews
High ethical standards and concern for employees
Operations Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 15, 2019
I worked for State Farm for 34 years and always found the company to maintain high business standards and they attempted to treat all employees with respect and dignity.
Outstanding Corporate Culture
Team Leader- Property & Casualty (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 26, 2018
90% or more of all the leadership people I worked with were superior people in all respects. The culture encourages and cultivates competence and professionalism. When I started in 1998, the leadership was strong and demonstrated genuine care for its employees and policyholders. When I left in 2007 for a career change, those leaders had retired and values had shifted toward greed and achieving short term objectives. There were many talented, exceptional people who left around the same time for similar reasons. The company will boast that they don't lay people off, but they will make it so uncomfortable that turnover is inevitable. The unintended consequence is that those with skills, talent, and initiative will leave. So what's left is the high-salaried sand baggers simply collecting a paycheck. Sad. If you're a white male at the executive level, you're good to go. If you're a white male anywhere underneath, good luck. Diversity is practically a religion beneath the executive level. I was actually told by a manager I wasn't going to receive the job I had applied to because I was a white male. At least he was honest. Interesting, because at that time in our region, there were 12 white male VPs, one woman, and one black male.The vast majority of my experience was overwhelmingly positive, so I'm trying to provide balance.
Pros
Compensation, opportunity, culture (sort of)
Cons
Greed, no longer people-oriented
Poor Management
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 5, 2018
Inactive agent. Never motivated team members.
Gave and took bonuses as he wanted with no warnings.
Breaks were only allowed if permitted.
Pay was constant late.
No room to grow.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
constant presure
Use to be a great place to work...stay away
Project Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 6, 2018
State Farm use to be a place to retire from. However, the current CEO has changed everything about the company. No work-life balance, no flexibility, created a culture of micro management and no room promotions.
Pros
Steady paycheck
Cons
Benefits package is horrible, no flexibility; Just stay away
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 6, 2018
Offers great skill improvements opportunities, Used to be family oriented, it steered away from that. There is not much of a job security anymore. Still a good place to work.
No longer happy
Auto Express Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2018
Decisions made in the past few years seem to keep spiraling out of control. Bad decisions made by executive, little opportunity and growth for the last few years. Reflects in customer service and JD power results.
Good company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 26, 2018
The company has been around for many years. Had a chance to develop my insurance knowledge, and develop other desirable skills. Enjoyed working with many of the people.
Internal processes make it difficult to provide remarkable service
Bodily Injury Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 10, 2018
The company has changed its internal processes, which has caused us to lose a lot of longterm faithful customers. These changes have caused tremendous delays, and frustration when handling claims.
Pros
Pay
Cons
stressful environment
Review
LDA Team Manager (Current Employee) –  DuPont, WAApril 11, 2018
An enjoyable place to work and a place to grown a career. This is an ideal place for one to work and I would recommend the company to anyone who is looking for a career in the insurance industry.
Good Company
Team Member, Manager (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSFebruary 22, 2018
Had a great time working for State Farm, however my obligations to the national guard prevented me from maintaining a steady commission. Otherwise a great experience.
Catastrophe Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 16, 2018
Working catastrophe, every day is different. There are opportunities to serve customers all of the country. This is especially impactful when they have suffered a large loss.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Currently downsizing
Productive work environment with minimal opportunity in leadership
TEAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  AZFebruary 7, 2018
Great company to work for, however little to no development opportunity in leadership roles. Also very poor pay compared to other competitors in the industry.
Auto Injury Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Work from homeJanuary 24, 2018
A lot of changes at all levels, which seemed chaotic at times. A decision to relocate a group of people only to job eliminate them within 12 months later. This lead to a deteriating workplace.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Currently unstable job security
No stability. Chaotic. Management out of touch.
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 23, 2017
Company has been in a constant state of change for several years. No stability. It has moved to a lean six sigma environment and has become very stressful. Numerous tenured employees have left the company. Upper management out of touch.
Pros
Pay tends to be higher than the industry average.
Cons
Not much upward mobility after the Team Manager level.
State Farm
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Internal culture is changing. lThey are not focused on customers or on employees, so I'm not sure what their focus is right now. I'm pretty sure they don't know what it is either. I'm hoping they come out of numerous restructures/realignments a better company.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Work/life balance.
Lots of changes
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAAugust 26, 2017
Micro managed and boring job environment. Lots of my peers have left State Farm recently due to the work climate. I have seen a rapid decline in customer service during this time.
Good company
LDA Estimatics Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 7, 2017
I truly enjoyed my 8 years working at State Farm however even as an exceeds performance employee they hindered advancement by only giving those opportunities to folks who were flexible to move anywhere in the country, I was flexible to about 5 states and was passed up twice for positions that went to less experienced individuals who had agreed to go anywhere in the US.
Good starting job
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 4, 2017
Does not pay much below agent level, depending on agent. All agents are completely different potentially so pay ranges. Clerical work to start out with promotions possible through licensing usually.
energy and live people around!
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 19, 2017
I was working while in college and I learning a lot while i was there. I was working directly under the owner so i picked up a few hands on management skills that school would not teach someone. one of the hardest parts about my job was having to deal with tenants that had maintenance issues or contractors having problems around the complex.
Pros
discount on my rent!
Cons
low pay
Solid Company
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2016
Great company for new professionals to begin their career. SF has afforded me great opportunities over the years. The company is currently undergoing massive changes and promotional opportunities are limited.

53.5K
42.7K
32K

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

74%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

59%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss