State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews for Telemarketer

Found 51 reviews matching the search See all 9,537 reviews
Great
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Bay Village, OHApril 10, 2019
I found this company a great place to work and not only that it gave me a great chance to progress as far as my customer service skills and I am appreciative of that
okay
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 23, 2019
I enjoyed working for the company for the time that I did. But this job was not for me. I am a person who would like to get up and move and be active.
telemarketing
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXOctober 7, 2018
i would just walk in clock in make calls to people to offer them our service of house,life and / or car insurance i learned to read a customers tone its a good work place and the best part of the job was actually persuadeing people to join our insurance company
Pros
learning
Cons
getting rude customers
Fun environment
TELEMARKETER THUY TRAN (Former Employee) –  League City, TXAugust 28, 2018
I enjoyed working with my employers and learning a little bit about Auto Insurance. My boss was very understanding when it came to paying bills and furthering my career in insurance.
Learning and growing
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 1, 2018
I would come in at 9am and make calls all day. I would get off at 3pm. I did a lot of cold calling and got a lot of experience with handling consumers over the phone.
Pros
Learning and growing
Cons
Temporary Job
Great work environment
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 27, 2018
Everyone was very kind and hardworking. They would always have a way to solve whatever problem I was having. Lunch was offered if they noticed that I wasn’t eating yet. Overall just a great place to work
Sales Representative/ Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJune 8, 2018
This place was very fast paced and made sure that all the calls i was making were effective. The work place is very modern and easy to get along with employees.
it was a job
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJune 6, 2018
I was released due to downsizing. I am neutral with this company. I was not there long enough to make a difference. I would not go back because the downsize came
workplace setting
Telemarketer (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXJune 4, 2018
Come to work clock in, get right into calling customers from the set list. I work the entire time except on a restroom break or food break. Come back get right into call customers
Pros
constantly working
Cons
smaller business
Great work team
Seasonal telemarketer (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 19, 2018
The manager and owner of the state farm I worked at was very engaging with all workers and we worked as a team to made sure we met our goals by the end of the month .
slow paced
TELEMARKETER (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKMarch 5, 2018
I had to call a list of numbers everyday with the hopes of getting a new customer. The management team was okay but was mainly gone. The other employees never talked
Great company to work for
TELEMARKETING (Temporary position) (Former Employee) –  Fremont, MIFebruary 5, 2018
State Farm offices differ from state to state and city to city. The one in Fremont was wonderful to work for, very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately this was a temporary position.
Great opportunity for entrepreneurs
Telemarketing Sales (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 26, 2018
The manager encouraged advancement within the company.
Great opportunity to learn the sales environment.
The team was small and everyone got along well, which was a big plus
fun job bad management
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 10, 2017
fun job but the management was iff. fast paced at times, manager was stuck in between wanting to be her employees friends but at the same time she would threaten firing them
It was a long time ago but I had fun working as a telemarketer.
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 1, 2017
I was in my Sophmore or Junior year in high school when I worked as a telemarketer. It was a high-paying job, well, at my age, I was being well-paid, and it was an overall fun experience working in an environment I thought I couldn't handle. Yes, there was rude customers but most of my work was done over the phone, getting information over the phone so, the rude customers were only a stone on the road. The daily routine for me was, prepare my station with the right materials, call at least hundred or more customers, report them to my boss, and file papers in their designated areas.
Pros
5 minute breaks, free lunches, benefits
Cons
competitive environment made me nervous
State Farm worker
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 6, 2017
I only worked for State Farm for about 6 months. I was required to call and offer House and/or Car insurance. I was simply doing it as a part-time job while I was in college. I had no interest in advancing any further in the insurance field.
Helped many people out with insurance quotes
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXApril 7, 2017
Called customers and offered free insurance quotes. Awesome time communicating with new customers. Able to advance throughout the company. Pretty much layed back job.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Seasonal job only
Room to grow
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOApril 1, 2017
The most family oriented plae I have ever worked. Never a boring moment. If you to keep busy and help people every day then this is the job for you. The business was always growing and thriving.
telemarketing
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 28, 2017
This was a great way for me to be able to speak with people on a day to day basis. One of the biggest reasons i feel i have such great communication skills is because i was able to work this job and not only work the job but become a very reliable and efficient worker.
Pros
The smarter you worked the more money you made.
Cons
The dumber you worked the less money you made.
Boring Workplace
Telemarketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLJanuary 18, 2017
I rarely saw any of my coworkers because you are set up in back room alone with just a phone and a list of numbers that you are supposed to call. I had to call over 300 numbers daily to ask if they wanted a free estimate on their automobile or home insurance. Not to many people are friendly when they are called around dinner time.

53.5K
42.7K
32K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Reviews by Location