State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Culture reviews

Found 2,133 reviews matching the search See all 9,766 reviews
Honestly a great place to work
Auto-ILR associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 15, 2019
Management is always great and are encouraged to be there and help you if there need arises.
Training gets you to the place you need to be so you can hit the floor running but a lot of the things you'll learn about the job is actually on the job.
You always have opportunities to advance and the job is what you put in.
Culture is great there and really feels like a family.
Pros
Pay, employees, management, environment, time off
Cons
Mandatory overtime on a 10 hour shift
Great company, just have to find the right agency to work for
Senior Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 13, 2019
It's a decent job but not a career unless you start your own agency. It's just like any other job, it has it's pros and cons. They key is to find the right agency and culture that fits your liking.
Not a bad place to work. Company needs to adapt to new technology and changes in the industry in order to stay number one.
Claim Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 13, 2019
There are a lot of great perks that you get from working at State Farm, such as tuition reimbursement, full benefits (even if you work part-time), and an employee credit union with a low interest rate.

Management in the fire claims department is more focused on numbers and the things that you are doing wrong, rather than giving positive feedback on the things you're doing right and trying to positively reinforce their points to help you.

You can't take any time off without using paid-time off. You can't ever take a non-paid day off. You could get fired or have a drop file put against you if you have an emergency and no PTO available to take the day off.

The fire claims stewardship department is extremely under-staffed and has a very low morale at this time, but they have been trying to make it better. You can get as many as 13 new claims a day because there aren't enough employees to handle the amount of claims coming in. The pay is not competitive compared to the amount of work you are given.
Pros
Benefits, nice location in Tempe
Cons
Short breaks/lunches, not a lot of flexibility with time off or personal life matters
Account Associate (Current Employee) –  Roy, UTJune 13, 2019
Not only do I get the opportunity to ensure the best rates and coverages in the industry, but I work in an office that prides itself in excellent personal relationships. Our clients would rather come to our office as opposed to doing their business online. We have a personable, caring, compassionate and proficient culture.
Fun work place
Agent Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monticello, MSJune 12, 2019
Amazing boss That will help you with ANYTHING! Great people to work with! And awesome family environment! They all have patients and will take time to teach you.
Nice workplace
Life Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 5, 2019
work a 8 hour work day culture is positive attitude is upbeat nothing really to hard about the job enjoy talking with co-workers and meeting new people
Productive and lucrative career with sharp learning curve.
CLAIMS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 5, 2019
The pay and culture was adequate but the advancement opportunities were not always clear. The way in which they formed teams was positive. I truly felt my team had my back.
Challenging and rewarding
Claim Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYJune 3, 2019
State Farm Insurance offered me a challenging and rewarding career. They offered competitive promotion opportunities as well a collaborative working environment.
Sales/Customer Service
Insurance representative (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 2, 2019
Good place to work, but the pay is low and no benefits. Great place to meet and help customers. Great working hours. 8:30 to 5:00 no week-ends and no Holidays.
Toxic work environment
Claim Specialist (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJune 2, 2019
No work life balance, overly complicated processes and out dated equipment.

Work place culture is toxic and not at all a present place to work. Huge turnover has depleted our experience so it’s more difficult to be a seasoned employee. I spend more time correcting others work. There is no efficient way to share experience due the reliance on production metrics. Training resources are minimal as they do not produce a measurable output.

Complex processes and updated equipment do not allow efficient work. Middle management has not power to change or alter the processes.
Pros
Fully funded retirement
Cons
Work life balance
This company is a wonderful family oriented company.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 31, 2019
I loved the employees and all the great managers at State Farm. They have a wonderful work environment and very fun working atmosphere within the call center.
Pros
Wonderful staff
Cons
Pay
Stable company.
Sr. Systems Analyst - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMay 27, 2019
Nice people and culture. Work life balance is perfect. The company cares about employees and provides stable environment. Pay rate is below average unfortunately.
Pros
Stable.
Cons
Not a lot of opportunities to grow.
Fun Work
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2019
Very great boss he loves and cars about his staff members as well as his clients always doing the right thing for his company and always wanting to be the best State Farm!
Personal Lines Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Irwin, PAMay 23, 2019
State Farm was fast paced and had a nice culture. The team really was interested in moving people forward in the company even offering their agent aspirant program to move you into your own agency!
I loved the office i worked in
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 20, 2019
My agent was wonderful. He was always helpful and kind. I learned a great deal. If it were not for life being hectic I would still be working for him. This is a great company to grow at.
Cons
No healthcare
Family l/team atmosphere taking care of our customers was our priority.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 20, 2019
I was very happy at State Farm and my co-workers and bosses were great! I especially loved our interaction with our customers and the relationships we built.
Pros
Business luncheons and customer appreciation week
Cons
No benefits
Great and Fast Paced Place to Work
Agent Team Member (Current Employee) –  ColoradoMay 18, 2019
If you enjoy getting to know members of your community this is the place to work! You work with diverse people and get to know community members on a personal level. I highly recommend working here!
Good place to work if you're procficient in customer service and can navigate complex computer programs.
Auto Initial Loss Reporting (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 15, 2019
A typical day at work starts with clocking in, starting up your computer, opening all the appropriate pages and jumping on the phones to take initial loss reports. There are two 15 minutes breaks and a 45 minute lunch throughout the workday. You work in a cubicle.

Management will push you to succeed during coaching sessions. However, the coaching sessions are few and far between.

The culture is comfortable with many people willing to help you with any questions or difficult situations.

The most difficult part of the job is being able to navigate the company's internal systems while being on the phone with people who've been in an accident. The systems fail often, making the job stressful. There's a lot of responsibility as mistakes can have a great effect on the customers calling.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to actually help customers with their situations.

The reason the job doesn't work for me is because I feel confined to my desk. There's a lot of anxiety before each call as every call is going to be different. One call could be really simple and only take 15 to 20 minutes, while the next call can take far longer due to the complexity of the accident that the customer was in.

Scheduling is based off of job performance, which includes the people who'd just started the job, making it unfair in the beginning. As a husband and father, this made the home and work life unbalanced.
Pros
decent pay, nice work enviroment, supportive team
Cons
confined to a desk, high anxiety, unbalanced work and home life
Well rounded work environment.
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2019
While working at State Farm, it was a very fun place to work at depending on the agent you work for. Great pay and commission bonus was great to have for extra cash.
Pros
Great Place
Great Benefits
Claim Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 14, 2019
Best place to work for benefits. They practically offer everything. They strive for a great onboarding. Nice building. Mothers room for nursing moms to pump.
Benefits
Cons
Flexibility

53.5K
42.8K
32.1K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

74%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

49%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss