State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Review

View all State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company reviews

Could be better
Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 18, 2019
My years with State Farm were very beneficial to learning how to effectively run a business as well growing in a competitive environment. However, the job itself is very competitive and stressful. Since State Farm is normally not the lowest insurance company cost wise, it did make it difficult to make sales when the quote we were offering was 50 to 100 more a month on a car policy. The brand however, is definitely worth the normally increased premium. State Farm is number 1 in Auto and Home for a reason. The position as agent is extremely stressful as your first year is the only thing guaranteed. Otherwise the opportunity for growth and advancement I feel are unlimited.
Pros
Easy schedule to work with, great pay, great beneifts
Cons
Stressful work environment, High rates, Highly Competitive

Other State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

great place to work
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 22, 2019
loved it here. nothing but good things to say. the only thing is once you are in a position it is very difficult to move to a better one. but pay is great
Overly corporate
IT (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMay 22, 2019
Manager was in a different state, worked there a almost a year and spoke to her one time. Watched employee pool shrink weekly as they moved people out of state and back filled with contractors. Job was not fun, was not fulfilling, felt like a cog in a machine that had little purpose. Management completely disconnected from reality of operations.
Pros
Casual wear
Cons
Wi-Fi throttled, cellular throttled. I couldn’t even get a message from my wife with full service on my phone.

53.5K
42.7K
32K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight