State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Review

View all State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company reviews

Was a great place to work long ago
Property/Casualty Underwriting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHApril 18, 2019
I feel so sorry for the poor folks that work there now.
I know they are all just hoping to make it to retirement without getting fired for accruing too many 'points' for being late from lunch or
going to the bathroom or whatever. My gosh...I can't imagine working in such abysmal conditions.

When I worked there it was bad enough, most of us in our department were on anti anxiety medication and anti depressants just to get through. Those that worked hard were rewarded with more work. Those that didn't, just seemed to get away with it. White males and minorities seemed to fare the best. It was very strange.

If this is indeed the 'way of the future', no thanks. This culture of watching your every move, measuring your every keystroke is so very 'Handmaid's Tale'.

Other State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

great place to work
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 22, 2019
loved it here. nothing but good things to say. the only thing is once you are in a position it is very difficult to move to a better one. but pay is great
Overly corporate
IT (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMay 22, 2019
Manager was in a different state, worked there a almost a year and spoke to her one time. Watched employee pool shrink weekly as they moved people out of state and back filled with contractors. Job was not fun, was not fulfilling, felt like a cog in a machine that had little purpose. Management completely disconnected from reality of operations.
Pros
Casual wear
Cons
Wi-Fi throttled, cellular throttled. I couldn’t even get a message from my wife with full service on my phone.

53.5K
42.7K
32K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight