State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Review

View all State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company reviews

Great newer facilities in their Hub cities (ATL, DALLAS and PHX) provide state of the art working environment and a place for work/life balance.
Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 10, 2018
I enjoyed my years at State Farm and would work for them again if they were not moving corporate office out of Florida. The opportunities to advance were many and varied.
Cons
T2 scheduling/time clocks

Other State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

The company was hard to work for
State Farm agent (summer job) (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILNovember 15, 2018
It was very low pay and very stressful. The manager was hard on me and I felt like I could not advance and according to her my performance was poorly.
High Volume call center with increasing presure to do more with less
Claim Associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 15, 2018
State Farm will tell you every day what a great company they are to work for, but they could really could care less about their employees or customers. State Farm is all about beating the competition, so call center employees are pressured to get the customer off the phone and get right into the next call. The expectations are clear just not sustainable long term. The use of overtime to meet demands is the norm not the exception and they will make it mandatory. That along with solid weeks of black out days to request for time-off and shift-bidding make the work life balance terrible. They do have some great perks (discount programs, all the insurances, retirement and pension).
Pros
benefits
Cons
work/life balance

53.2K
42.5K
31.8K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company.

Powered by Comparably