State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Review

View all State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company reviews

Former Employee
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 20, 2019
I had worked for State Farm for 33 years in the claims department handling auto claims. It's a very stressful position at times. Recent changes have not affected the job positively for Adjusters. Our office closed due to restructuring.
I recently took a position with another company and all I can say is that State Farm is miles ahead on training,, Making sure that the employees maintain a professional appearance whether they are in person or on the phone. The computer system for claims handling is amazing and I didn't realize how lucky we had it until I went to another company and saw their archaic system. I'll give State Farm credit because they have the wage system set up to where employees can make overtime for their work as opposed to be in salary. I was salary when I started and we then changed to time cards. The best thing that ever happened it allowed me to make almost 20000 and more a year with overtime. So yes State Farm has some faults that they need to work on due to recent changes but over all I would rate them higher than several of the other companies out there.
Pros
Money, benefits
Cons
Stress, some managers

Other State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

sales and customer service
INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  csrMay 26, 2019
assist customers
advise customer what coverage they should have
educate customers with coverage
build book of business
sold auto, home, and life
opened and closed office
Nice call center
ILR Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 26, 2019
Lots of changes within the environment. Young management team easy to advance if you can deal with constant changes and strict call flow along with quality team

53.5K
42.7K
32K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

74%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

49%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss