State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Review

View all State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company reviews

It's not how it used to be
Underwriting Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 22, 2019
I never loved my job here, but I tolerated it. This was until about mid 2016-2017 when things took a drastic change and now I almost hate my job. They no longer care about the employees, the processes are outdated and unorganized, management isn't great, and it seems like even Human Resources leaves you out to dry when you have true issues. It's very stressful and for certain areas the outlook for advancement is poor. You feel trapped looking at a screen and maybe tethered to a phone all day. The morale is low and no one in the higher positions seem to care although they frequently hold meetings to "listen to your concerns." There is no true employee appreciation and it feels like you can get fired at the drop of a dime for nothing. There seems to be no balance when it comes to professionalism as you are belittled by management, agents, and peers and there is nothing that you can do about it. We are expected to juggle several different roles and responsibilities with no raise in pay (for instance, quality). As of right now, unless you are looking for a quick job, I wouldn't recommend State Farm especially if you are looking for a lasting career.
Pros
PTO is easy to take, the Richardson office has many different amenities
Cons
pay, management, morale, advancement opportunites

Other State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

no review at this time
Catastrophe Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 21, 2019
no review at this time, i was a contract employee working for a contracting firm, i assisted policy holders during an hurricane event with their insurance claims,scheduling inspections, and assisting them with any questions concerning the claim or the contractor estimates in order to help process the claim.
Pros
no pros
Cons
no cons
Claims turned call center
CLAIMS ADJUSTER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2019
This used to be a noble place to work, but its since changed. Glamorized call center, poor work environment due to the caliber of associates and a benefit package that has been chipped away. If you want to work insurance, I'd shoot for other companies or going independent. This company has killed itself and its name as a great place to work for the next 90 years.
Pros
Job security, location of office, unlimited over time
Cons
Caliber of work associates, micro management, constant changes

53.5K
42.7K
32K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight