State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Review

View all State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company reviews

Over worked
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2018
Management is horrible. Your unable to balance home and work life. The benefits are great though. I do miss the great relationships I’ve build with people at the company.
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Management. Over worked

Other State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Lack of training and high expectations for selling
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJanuary 18, 2019
I was hired with no insurance or sales experience after taking 2 weeks of insurance classes and passing my exams. Then I was rushed through a week of passing my company "modules" to verify that I knew all the company policies and guidelines in the first week. Next I got a week to work through incoming phone calls to get used to talking with current customers. After 2 weeks, the selling expectations were set very high and I never hit them. Without hitting your sales goals at State Farm, there is no commission for any of your sales that month, and nothing carries over. I got close my first couple of months thanks to some luck and former leads that I received, but still never received a commission check. I would recommend spending more time learning the industry and coming into this job with plenty of connections, because if not, it is very hard to build your client base from nothing. Especially at a young age.
Pros
Personal office, friendly environment
Cons
Long work days, cold calling, high sales quotas, etc.
sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 18, 2019
I was not happy. The owner was a bully. Had favoritism and pay was horrible. I was not satisfied with my position and every day was a headache due to my employer.

53.3K
42.6K
31.9K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company.

Powered by Comparably