State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Review

View all State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company reviews

Regular 9 to 5
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 12, 2019
I found it a fine place to work and enjoyed it for several years. However, it became a bit of a bore and I wanted a new challenge and to move back to my home town.

Other State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Great company for work for. Always something new to learn.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 19, 2019
The company is great. It was the agent that left a lot to be desired. Some agents are better than others to work for. Unless your intent is to work in the call center then the only other option is to choose an agent. Generally speaking the hours are M-F 9-5
This is a very fast paced environment. You will be taking payments over the phone and in person. Other times you will be providing quotes over the phone and in person. There are times when a customer calls with questions regarding their bill. This requires researching the account. Through -out the day documents must be scanned & attached to be uploaded to the regional office. Customers will come in or call making changes to their policy. There will be customers who are moving to the area you will need to contact. Paperwork needs to be filed. Usually the day is very busy , non stop but the time goes very quickly! There is always something new to learn. Each day is different .
Pros
Very busy. Weekends off. Plenty of paid holidays off. Always something new to learn.
Cons
Very busy! A lot of work through-out the day
Wouldn't do it
Sales and Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 18, 2019
At first I thought this opportunity was going to be great. I was a community college student who was just looking for a chance to gain some experience in the Marketing field. When I got hired as an intern for the local State Farm agency I was really excited and it was great until I started to notice some of the agents sketchy practices. Long story short, great learning opportunity and I wouldn't go back if I got paid a 6 figure salary

53.5K
42.7K
32K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

74%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

49%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss