State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Found 8,135 reviews matching the search See all 8,250 reviews
Stress, Stress and more Stress
Claim Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2018
SF has become a company more concerned with meeting unrealistic metrics then efficient handling of claims. They have installed call center practices in non- call center roles, such as claim adjusters. They monitor length of calls when, in handling claims can often be very lengthy. They want you to complete processing of claims within a certain time frame, again depending on the circumstances, this is unattainable, especially during times such as now when losses/claims are abundant.
In working for them, just be ready for your stress level to escalate. If overtime is provided, you will likely need to work, not because you want to, but just to feel as if you are accomplishing anything. Don't be surprised if most of your co-workers have been approved for FMLA.

I will admit that the benefits are pretty good. The compensations is sub-par and in no way reflects the cost of living in a major city nor does it compare to other insurance companies.
Benefits
Cons
Slow to adjust to industry changes; STRESSFUL; Heavy workloads
Great Company
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 19, 2018
I myself work for an agent within State Farm. This agent is great with paid-time-off and help with balancing home/work life. He offers incentives for reaching goals and is by far one of the best managers I have ever had the pleasure of working for.
Pros
Occasional free lunch, Pto, salary plus commission
Cons
No healthcare benefits
Good company in the mist of a lot of change
Customer Service to Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2018
State Farm is a good company that's in transition and loosing a lot of experienced workers due to the lack of advancement and poor salary.
The company is moving in the right direction.
Cons
Lack of advancement and poor salary
Good starting sales position
Insurance sales representative/ Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Its a good starting sales position but there are no benefits or retirement planning. Its a small office setting so that nice and relaxed you must meet commission goals to make any money and on top of that there is no healthcare or anything offered
Pros
Small office setting
Cons
No health care or any benefits
Business Analyst
Business Project Manager/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 18, 2018
A business analyst is someone who analyzes an organization or business domain and documents its business or processes or systems, assessing the business model or its integration with technology.
Good Benefits
Auto Claim Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 18, 2018
The company has changed in recent years and has become less focused on providing a work environment that supports a work/life balance. The upper management has set unreasonably high demands on the front line employees, creating a very low moral amongst many employees.
Dale Massey Agency is a great family oriented place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2018
Dale Massey Agency has been a great place to work. It afforded me the opportunity to obtain my Nursing Degree while working It provides a family type atmosphere that promotes a sense of caring.
Sr. Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVSeptember 18, 2018
Unfortunately, I had to relocate to another state. However, I applied for position in new state and wasn't given that position. Overall, I have nothing negative to say about SF.
Benefits
Cons
Care not to ellaborate
Perfect for anyone
Initial Loss Report Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 18, 2018
Good if you need a odd schedule, they literally have a schedule for everyone. The hardest part of the job was being continuously micro managed. I learned that they have the best insurance policies around.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
micro management
Great For an Entry Level into Insurance
Licensed Insurance Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Learned so much about the insurance field through this experience at State Farm. You get to see the productive and competitive nature this business has along with how to better maintain and grow with customers through their experience with our office.
Great culture
Account Manager/Agent Aspirant (Former Employee) –  Byron, GASeptember 18, 2018
The agent was motivating and inspiring. The culture provided around goals and team meetings were structered clear. I appreciated my time and development at State Farm.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No health benefits
Good culture
Claim Adjuster, Bank Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, AtlantaSeptember 18, 2018
The culture of State Farm was considered great while beginning the job. But after a couple of years of employment, the morale was seen to be low. The management does not care for the employees. I worked for State Farm bank and they laid off the employees in the city of Atlanta.
Comment6
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 18, 2018
I don't wish to comment at this time. I have been at the company for 5 years. I would recommend the company if this is the field that you are looking for. Thank you
Its not as great as it use to be!
Event Planner Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 17, 2018
When I started with State Farm it was a great company to work for however after our previous CEO Ed Rust retired the company was not the same. I use to be able to recommend people to want to work for such a great company however; over the past few years they treat their employees like they are only the bottom line and not people.
Pros
great benefits and opportunites for advancement if you know the right people
Cons
you have to know the right people to get a head
State farm is a great work place
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 17, 2018
The work is not hard. Fast paced but easy. Nice work environment. Great pay and easy going supervisors. Health benefits the day you start. Metrics are not hard to meet.
Pros
Nice place to work and great pay
Cons
Attendance policy is a no fault policy
Terrible experience
LICENSE INSURANCE AGENT-CSR (Current Employee) –  Forney, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Agent was very disrespectful and rude. Very conniving and did not respect her employees. Did not compensate very well and only looked out for herself.
Pros
Cons
Wve
Sales, Management, CSR and Marketing
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 17, 2018
. Managing Agency Team of five employees, Maintain Office supplies and inventory. Maintaining HIPPA Laws. Financial Services, Marketing, tracking office Inventory & Cash Record and Accounting, Marketing State Farm Bank Mortgage Loans, Home Equity Lines of Credit, Faxing Updated Loan Documents and Evidence of Insurance to Banks and Mortgage Co. For Escrow accounts. Refinancing Auto Loans Processing applications for new loans and approvals. Disbursement of Bank Final Approve Checks to customers for Home & Auto Loans!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Perks
overall
PERSONAL ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  OregonSeptember 17, 2018
good place to get started in insurance. I learned a lot from working there. My main con would be that the income potential as a team member does not pay to the industry standard.
Fast paced
Senior Accountant Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 17, 2018
I enjoyed working with the people in my department. great benefits, flexible schedules but could use more helpful supervisors. Fast paced but fulfilling.
benefits
Cons
supervisors
great
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2018
Great environment. I joyfully got to work and felt good every single day. The team was amazing and great work ethics overall. Management kept employers motivated at all times.

53.1K
42.4K
31.7K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

73%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

58%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss