State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Found 8,491 reviews matching the search See all 8,619 reviews
N/a
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 8, 2018
Working for state farm was competitive and fun. I was constantly learning in a fun environment where I was respected as a team member. State Farm is a good company.
Great atmosphere in my agent’s office.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GANovember 8, 2018
I did enjoy my time at State Farm. Both agents I worked for forced me to grow and develop as a person, parent, employee and manager. I do recommend State Farm as a great way to learn the industry.
Pros
Plenty to learn
Cons
Long hours and lots of no’s.
not recommended to work for.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 8, 2018
a typical day at work was not normal. I didnt learn anything and poor management. The workplace culture was not good. The hardest part of the job was a fake smile
Nice culture, lax dress code, but tend to micromanage
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GANovember 8, 2018
The pay combined with the benefits package makes the company competitive. When I was there, you could become vested in their pension plan (defined benefit, not defined contribution like 401Ks) if you stayed for 5 years. I'm not sure if since then they've moved exclusively to providing 401K plans, but during my time there both were available, and they matched your 401K contributions up to a certain amount.

Medical, dental, and vision were provided in their plans.

The only issue I had was the time limit they placed on handling claims, as from my experience enough time wasn't given to respectfully handle the customers issues and create the file note for others to see after you finished with the claim. This led to some employees trying to find ways to artificially keep their calls within the allotted time, which made some customer's experience worse.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Metrics are a bit difficult to meet
Aggressive customer sales
Sales (Current Employee) –  KansasNovember 7, 2018
High pressure sales with lack of follow up with customers. More worried about the sale than relationship building and service after the sale. Aggressive.
job
Adjuster Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2018
I would answer the customers call by greeting gathering information
The information gather would be personal and then about the incident that occurred then help assign to the adjuster..
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no balance
Company going through transition
Underwriting Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 7, 2018
Just like many companies, State Farm is going through transition. So changes are inevitable. We've seen a lot of people leave and many more come in. We seen procedures change today and then be obsolete tomorrow. So, it's about being flexible and adaptable. Your willingness and openness to change makes the transition easier.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Company now an enterprise/virtual company
Great team environment, wonderful managers
Claims Associate - Auto ILR (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 7, 2018
I have had a great experience with state farm, they are always looking for ways to help you improve and enhance your career. Great perks and benefits.
Pros
great environment
Great place to be!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 7, 2018
I loved the clients and assisting them with their claims process, as well as selling insurance to those in need, helping them with quotes to figure out the true cost of a new vehicle, or providing them auto loan quotes to purchase new automobiles.
Pros
Loved my clients, great friendly company.
Cons
I worked in a smaller office, so I missed the environment of having more Co-workers!
State Farm Payment Plan
Payment Plan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNNovember 7, 2018
I worked on the payments and assisting the agent's staff with billing questions.
Worked as a specialist and team leader.
Able to multitask and use multiple computer screens.
Pros
Company discounts
Cons
Corporate guidelines

Want to know more about State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company?

Ask a question
Great teaching environment
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INNovember 7, 2018
State Farm really focused on employee development and transferrable skills. State Farm provided my with the skills to be successful. The management structure was excellent. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships I made with my co-workers. The State Farm culture is one of the best in today's workforce.
Pros
Many PTO days, excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of job security
Great company with strong back office support.
Business Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2018
Great company with strong back office support. The culture depends on the agency that you work for. Highly recommended for people who would like to develop interpersonal skills and sales techniques.
Company has gone down hill....
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 6, 2018
At one time, it was a great company to work for, however, with all the re-organizations, thousands of experienced and loyal employees were laid off. Claims is a fast paced and very stressful environment and is based on metrics and no longer is focused on great customer service.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Metric controlled environment
intermediate working place
Office Manager/Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2018
100 calls a day 8 quotes and 2 sales needed for every day - monday to friday- could take your work home on the weekends to attempt at making more commission
Pros
friendly place
Cons
lack of management
n/a
Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2018
the company has changed since I was last there. when i got there it was laid back and the mangers really wanted to see you advance and do well. Now they micromanage and want to put more work on your plate with no pay.
Shady Insurance Agents
Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Hyde Park, ILNovember 6, 2018
Some agents are only out for self. Starting salaries are low and commission requirements are impossible!!! Who can write 30k worth of policies per month?
Boring job, with no fufillment
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2018
Everyday was spent cold calling people who did not want to be contacted, you were constantly yelled at by clients for calling and management for not calling more.
work for an owner agent not the company
CSR/Sales Agent LSA (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 6, 2018
you work for an owner agent, small business not state farm the company. every job and office is a little different but still it working for a small business.
Pros
great if you want to be an owner agent
Cons
no advancement
Horrible experience
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Aransas Pass, TXNovember 5, 2018
Horrible experience for more than 10 years. At least I didn't kill myself. Poor management made it as hard to pay claims and take care of policy holders. They give you so much busy work to distract from writing a complete estimate and helping people that have been hit by Hurricanes. Several managers had SF Trainers assigned to follow me on inspections and tell me not to pay for storm damaged because the policy holders are probably not going to renew.
Pros
Cons
everything
stressful and demand for high productivity
Agent Aspirant (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSNovember 5, 2018
stay away, your expexted to drum up business from no where if needs be. No training is giving as to what the agent wants. in fact, most agents you never even see them

53.2K
42.5K
31.8K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company.

Powered by Comparably