State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Found 8,130 reviews matching the search See all 8,244 reviews
Great pay and bonuses. Company Culture degrading rapidly
Claim Specialist (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 16, 2018
What a wonderful company in terms of pay and benefits. Truly you are well compensated in the industry. Sadly, the company now sees its employees as adversaries and no longer part of the larger company solution.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of regard for employees (“good pay should be enough”)
Great Working environment
Sales and Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 16, 2018
This company teaches sales and how to make the most of every interaction with with potential clients. Effective sales is a grind that is defined by following up with potential buyers. This company provides leads and opportunity. What you do with those things shapes your skill at sales.
Typical call center job
Claims Associates (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 16, 2018
It would be nice if there was more flexibility on time off and family life. Plus management seems to be trained not to care. They are only there to advise when situations merit it.
Now here is the truth...
Claim Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2018
State Farm as a whole offers wonderful benefits. State Farm is a stepping stone for someone who wants to start a career in insurance. My advice is learn all you can learn and then run for the hills and never look back. The environment is toxic and draining. You are trained to be a robot and to be honest the environment is similar to a plantation. If you want to be micro managed and told when you can eat, speak and use the restroom then this may be the place for you. I left the company due to the culture, lack of diversity and low pay. Now if you need a temporary job to get on your feet then by all means apply but State Farm is definitely not what it use to be. Just be expected to just be an employee or considered a number to sit on the phone all day and repeat the same thing over and over versus being a valued employee. You would also be put on a point system and you have to actually clock in and out for breaks.
Benefits
Cons
Micro manage, low pay, toxic work environment, lack of diversity and unprofessional environment
Relaxed Environment/Easy work
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  JAX, FLSeptember 16, 2018
I worked with them for 4 years. I loved it in the beginning. The job itself is not hard. However, for me the work balance was no longer pleasing once they got rid of paid vacation, sick time and personal time. In addition, to being able to borrow up to 1,000.00 which helped with my credit score. Although, this may be the perfect job for someone else. Just not for me after those changes. But I ALWAYS recommend State Farm. Overall, excellent company with career advancement especially at the hubs.
Pros
Swap board, career advancement, easy work
Cons
No sick time, paid vacation etc. Micro managing, back to back calls.
Great company to work for
Licensed Insurance Agent / Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 15, 2018
I enjoyed helping families and being a licensed insurance agent. Its important to offer protection them and help then see the value. Great experiences
Times are changing
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 14, 2018
Just not the same company as a few years ago. No one knows what our futures hold anymore. There are some areas of the company that haven't been effected by a lot of change and some areas of the company that have been eliminated all together.
Fun Job
CCC - Sales (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 14, 2018
A typical day at work is slow, not many calls except on weekends, relaxed. I learned about insurance, there are some amazing management and supervisors, I was put on a team with a not so good supervisor.Work culture is fun. Hardest part was talking to my supervisor. Most enjoyable was the people.
Pros
Good pay, good working environment, fun people, tuition, community college classes offered there
Cons
Poor Management
Worst Run Company
Adobe Livecycle Forms Designer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX 75082September 14, 2018
This is the worst place to work. The management cannot make up their minds about anything. Four years ago they decided to move the Forms Design work from Bloomington, IL to Dallas, TX. A few Bloomington folks relocated to TX but the rest of the team was recruited from all over the US. I was called out of the blue and "invited" to come to work for SF. I was living in Austin, they relocated me and gave me a signing bonus. Now after 2-1/2 years they changed their minds and sent all the Forms Design work back to Bloomington, IL. This affected some 20+ people that they had paid to relocate (not inexpensive) some were given new assignments that they had to be trained for, a handful moved to Bloomington, some retired and I was laid-off and now I'm stuck in Dallas instead of beautiful Austin. They have zero regard for how they waste the premium payers money, this is just the tip of the iceberg of the poor decision making and horrible waste of the client's money.
Pros
None, not even coffee is provided
Cons
good
AUTO CLAIMS TRAINER (Former Employee) –  MissouriSeptember 13, 2018
I enjoyed my job. I just did not like being gone all the time and being away from my kids. I like being closer to home and not having to worry about the roads in the middle of winter.
Faced paced and energetic job
Fire Claim Representative (Current Employee) –  Tracy CA working remotelySeptember 13, 2018
I have been employed with this company for 22 years and I have made life long friends. Everyday is never the same in fire claims. You are able to meet and help someone everyday recover from the unexpected. Being a claim representative is very rewarding and fulfilling.
Pros
Helping the policyholder
Cons
It's not your average 40 hour desk job
Limited Growth Great Environment
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 13, 2018
Great place to work as a team, not the best place for unexperienced insurance agents as the goals seem a little too high for the amount of actual time in office and time working in this field.
Workplace Culture
Bank Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 13, 2018
State Farm is a GREAT place to work. Great benefits and work balance experience. Worked on the Bank side for 18 years and was given the opportunity to advance.
Relaxed, family oriented work environment
AGENT ROBERT PALENSHUS (Former Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OH 43311September 13, 2018
I worked in a few Agent's offices and the environments differed greatly.
One office was a more professional work environment, professional dress, monthly or weekly office meetings; structure as to setting and obtaining goals. Bonus incentives, paid vacations, personal/sick days. Jeans on Fridays and usually a office lunch somewhere in the month: Another office was very lax on office attire, hours worked, days off and basically working the hours you needed to get your job done and cover the office making for some 12 hour days and some extra days off. However, the Agent being so lax on all of the above it also meant that serious issues in the office or in general didn't get addressed as quickly, if at all, the way they should.
I have found throughout my career with State Farm Insurance Company that it is a very rewarding job with many positive aspects. Would love to continue my career within State Farm Insurance Family, not necessarily an Agent's office. Lack of benefits is a major issue.
Pros
#1 Company, own bank, compensation with incentives, various locations, claims service
Cons
Lack of Benefits, mainly health insurance, need to provide more on sight education
none at this time
CLAIMS ADJUSTER (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GASeptember 13, 2018
Great Company to work for. All employees are happy with their employment at state farm. Positive environment and lots of activities and off work community service work to get involved with. I appreciate the opportunity to work at State Farm.
fine
insurance producer (Former Employee) –  tennesseeSeptember 13, 2018
it's a fine place to work. depends on your office. some women can be catty, some agents can really suck. you never know until you get in there. you don't know if you'll do cold calls or just service a book.
Fun Work Environmen t
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 13, 2018
laid back and great atmosphere, management is great, Everyone treat each other with dignity and respect. The moral on the floor is very high and we have a strong bond.
Eh
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Highland, MDSeptember 12, 2018
There was no real balance of customer service and production. Service and underwriting lines were unfamiliar with policies to the point where i would have to call 3 or 4 times. We were all poorly trained in the office, the job became repetitive and slow.
Great company
Office Manager/ life insurance specialist (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYSeptember 12, 2018
I have had experience with brokers, other companies and none compare to State Farm. It is a very competitive field however the value the company offers is above most.
Pros
Always room for growth
Cons
No health care
Poor Manager
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Falls, MNSeptember 12, 2018
Poor Manager. I loved the clients, but the agent in the office I worked in went through 12 staff members in 1 year. It was so bad. After 90 days, I was done.
Pros
My fellow staff members
Cons
Everything else

53.1K
42.4K
31.7K

Diversity score

63out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company.

Powered by Comparably