State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Found 9,065 reviews matching the search See all 9,202 reviews
A fast paced call center with good leadership.
CCC Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILFebruary 12, 2019
The workload on a daily basis can be daunting but the superior leadership always helps to curve your morale for the company upward. Helping people to understand a bill or explaining why a rate was increased may not always be answered with kind words, it is important to remain calm and breath at those times. If needed supervisors do a fantastic job of giving time off the phone for a breather or a talk.
Overall, State Farm is a good place to work
Agent Associate (Current Employee) –  Atwater, CAFebruary 11, 2019
We have many tasks to complete per day, in addition to being expected to sell State Farm products. State Farm has many resources available to its agents.
Only as awesome as your agent!
Insurance and Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Carmi, ILFebruary 11, 2019
As a sales agent you do not work for State Farm so you do not get benefits those are out of pocket. It took me 3 tries to find the right agent and he was amazing. Unfortunately the cost of insurance is expensive especially with the high deductibles that the marketplace offers so I had to leave.
Pros
great products
Cons
no guaranteed benefits
Plan for sucess
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILFebruary 11, 2019
Depending on your managers discretion, you may find yourself involved with routine job functions and learning the State Farm way. But as time and experience builds confidence in your supervision, you are exposed to more and more special projects with increased exposure to leadership.
Productive atmosphere and emphasized improving one's self
Bank Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 11, 2019
Beautiful facility to work in. Mortgage industry is stressful so having a great office to work in with nice break rooms really helps. People were great!
Pros
Collaborative environment, time off, casual dress code
Cons
Slow to implement ideas and changes
Productive and a fun place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moss Point, MSFebruary 11, 2019
Very nice place to work, but no room for advancement. I worked very well with my co-workers. My boss was very caring and very family oriented. It was a great place to work.
Pros
Lunch breaks at the time needed.
Cons
No breaks
No comments...
Product Owner (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 10, 2019
It is just another Insurance company. Trying to save money but taking wrong steps. Agile implemented but still a top down approach. Few bad managers are making the decisions harder.
Decent place to work with no perks other than working from home
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  El Dorado Hills, CAFebruary 9, 2019
I worked for quite a few years for State Farm. As the company continued to go through changes, it did not appear that the employees were no longer important to the company.
Pros
Decent salary, good management
Cons
Numbers driven and very little interest in the employees
Stressful place to work
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  DuPont, WAFebruary 9, 2019
Stressful place to work, no job security going through a lot of changes. Do not recommend this as a place to work for any type of long term employment.
Worked field Proximity claims
PROPERTY & CASUALTY CLAIMS ADJUSTER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio Lake, TXFebruary 9, 2019
I really enjoyed my life work at the Farm. While high paced job at times, There was always a teammate to help out. We had a great team. I took retirement during last years reduction in force.
Pros
People that I worked with
Cons
At times, too much workload with the management not helping with temporary help.
Reputable Company
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 8, 2019
Workplace was too big for my taste. No single employee could make much of a difference. Too many managers, not enough people doing relevant and important work.
great place
Temp (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAFebruary 8, 2019
It was a place that you would look forward to coming in to work. Pleasant working environment with thoughtful co-workers. flexible hours with in reason.
event helper
Event helper (Former Employee) –  Sweetwater, TX 79556February 8, 2019
Everyone was very friendly. I enjoyed my time with my boss. I met a lot of new people. I learned a lot about the car insurance business. And people will do anything for free stuff.
Numbers driven environment
Auto Claims Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2019
The company has changed a great deal over the past few years. Main focus is about meeting SLA versus customer service. Met some great people and forever friends.
Pros
benefits were good
Cons
no work life balance
Productive , team oriented work envoirnment
Senior Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNFebruary 7, 2019
fast paced environment working in a team atmosphere.
the hardest part of the job was doing something different everyday, but that was also rewarding as you were able to develop your skills in many areas.
The most enjoyable part of the was the team that I worked with- we were very helpful to each other and great resources.
There is a good work life balance which is important to me.
If our office had not closed, I would still work there.
Amazing company
Agent Team Member (Current Employee) –  Grovetown, GAFebruary 7, 2019
Company provides everything you need in training, and making sure your career advances. A typical day is keeping high activity and a fast paced working environment. Be prepared to be able to network, get referrals, and make cold calls to help be more successful.
Pros
Fun working environment, development, career advancement
Cons
Low pay at first.
loved my agent he was the best and we finished top 5 in the southeast sales division
SERVICE TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  douglasville gaFebruary 7, 2019
boss was great but the cooperate side of company was terrible and didnt honor duties , we were number 5 in the southeast as leaders of sales in multiple categories
Pros
interpersonal relationships built with customers
Cons
cooperate controlled and pried on everthing / no beneifts unrealistic goals pushed on your with, alot of eyes over shoulders on all devices
Good Learning experience
Lead Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILFebruary 7, 2019
Love to work with State Farm insurance, Very Good Learning experience and also nice to be here in the atmosphere, Work culture is good, always gives opportunity to think innovative.
Learning Experience
Office Representative (Current Employee) –  Bordentown, NJFebruary 7, 2019
I'm learning the system in and out which is the hardest part because the sales part is don packed because of my experience in customer service that I have been in for several years.
Don't work here! Run for the hills!
Express Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 7, 2019
One of the most stressful jobs I ever had. It literally made me contemplate suicide on more than one occasion. But you know you get great benefits without any work-life balance even though they claim you do. Every six months you have to fight to keep your schedule and once you get a new one, then you're assigned to a new manager. So now you have to rearrange your life around this new schedule even if it doesn't work for you and build a rapport with your new manager and team. Yay! And, God forbid your child gets sick and you have to leave to take care of them. Now you're written up or you've gotten points. But, wait, I thought they promoted work-life balance? Who are they kidding? Call off sick - you're punished for that too. It all adds up to you being a bad worker. Then after two of three occurrences (sick leave or being tardy), you can't be promoted even if you're a top performer. It's not worth it. They treat their workers like scum but expect you to be the best while sucking the blood out of you. Here's my advice: work for Geico, or, perhaps, go work with Flow cause the lizard and the brunette might be better for you. At least, they seem nice from the commercials. But, whatever you do don't work for State Farm. Run for the hills!
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Everything I mentioned in my review

53.4K
42.6K
31.9K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company.

Powered by Comparably