State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Found 8,136 reviews matching the search See all 8,250 reviews
none at this time
CLAIMS ADJUSTER (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GASeptember 13, 2018
Great Company to work for. All employees are happy with their employment at state farm. Positive environment and lots of activities and off work community service work to get involved with. I appreciate the opportunity to work at State Farm.
fine
insurance producer (Former Employee) –  tennesseeSeptember 13, 2018
it's a fine place to work. depends on your office. some women can be catty, some agents can really suck. you never know until you get in there. you don't know if you'll do cold calls or just service a book.
Fun Work Environmen t
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 13, 2018
laid back and great atmosphere, management is great, Everyone treat each other with dignity and respect. The moral on the floor is very high and we have a strong bond.
Eh
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Highland, MDSeptember 12, 2018
There was no real balance of customer service and production. Service and underwriting lines were unfamiliar with policies to the point where i would have to call 3 or 4 times. We were all poorly trained in the office, the job became repetitive and slow.
Great company
Office Manager/ life insurance specialist (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYSeptember 12, 2018
I have had experience with brokers, other companies and none compare to State Farm. It is a very competitive field however the value the company offers is above most.
Pros
Always room for growth
Cons
No health care
Poor Manager
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Falls, MNSeptember 12, 2018
Poor Manager. I loved the clients, but the agent in the office I worked in went through 12 staff members in 1 year. It was so bad. After 90 days, I was done.
Pros
My fellow staff members
Cons
Everything else
Good place to work, many advancement opportunities
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHSeptember 12, 2018
I started at State Farm in the Life Response Center. While there, I took 50-90 calls a day from agents and customers with questions about general insurance or financial issues. I moved to Application Processing after a few months, and appreciated a more relaxed work environment. Both positions were rewarding and well compensated.
Poor management
Insurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Manalapan, NJSeptember 12, 2018
Office environment in Manalapan office was extremely hostile. Company itself is decent, however the two elder women in the office manage to make your life miserable
Got to meet alot of people
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 12, 2018
I got to go out and meet people which I loved!!! There are no residuals unless you are the Owner. You belong to the Agent who owns the individual Companies.
Pros
I got to meet people in person.
Cons
Very low wages and no benefits.
Sales Rep
Licensed Customer Care Center Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2018
The work-life balance is alright however it's mandatory to work a Saturday or Sunday, you can never get a full weekend off unless you have PTO or someone is willing to pick up your hours. it's way too many changes and you can be fired out of nowhere. The turn over rate is extremely high. On the weekends the calls are back to back. You don't get a chance to breathe, it can really do something to you mentally. If you do not like being on the phone this job is not for you. The Pay is alright it can be better due to the fact we have to do so many things. If you enjoy being cursed out by policyholders this jobs is for you!

Want to know more about State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company?

Ask a question
Great Work Place
Life and Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CASeptember 12, 2018
Great place to work. Fire and life policies servicing via phone call and email. Boss worked with employees to implement systems and develop strategies to succeed.
Slow paced work environment
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindenhurst, NYSeptember 12, 2018
The agent that I worked under was great. He was encouraging and a good teacher. I enjoyed all of my co-workers and we were able to get along very well and work together on cases for clients.
Over worked
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2018
Management is horrible. Your unable to balance home and work life. The benefits are great though. I do miss the great relationships I’ve build with people at the company.
Benefits
Cons
Management. Over worked
Good
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNSeptember 12, 2018
It was a good place to work just not the right fit. The people were very nice and accommodating when I questions and it proved I am still a smart person passing the property and casualty testing.
Slow paced
Insurance Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Agent was rarely there to train us. They expected us to have $30,000 saved up at the end of the 18 month program and nobody told us about that prior to hiring on.
Good company and immediate leadership, poor work/life balance , out of touch senior leadership
Claim Specialist / Representative (Former Employee) –  Concordville, PASeptember 11, 2018
Recent senior leadership change over past few years unhealthy for company and employee. Lack of emphathy. Wanting to provide customer focus but not treating employees consistently and fair.
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Concordville, PASeptember 11, 2018
Enjoyed all my time at State Farm
Made many valuable relationships with many great customers and body shops
Would recommend working for State Farm to all
Account Representative
Account Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 11, 2018
• Identified customer needs, and market appropriate products and services.
• Assisted management in establishing call guidelines and procedures
Provided efficient, courteous customer service and handled service inquiries from customers
• Data entry & clerical
Dont work here
Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 11, 2018
Seriously don't work here, just trust me. there are a lot of insurance companies to work for and this is the worst. they dangle the idea of a lot of money but they can cancel your contact at any time for any reason.
I was with the company a long time...I enjoyed State Farm Park and the dedicated employees.
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 11, 2018
I enjoyed my job but recently they have begun downsizing. Several employee that have been with the company for a long time and were very dedicated lost their jobs due to downsizing. This made the employees very nervous and concerned that they could be among the next cuts. This made the job very stressful.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
stressful

53.1K
42.4K
31.7K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

73%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

58%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss