State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Found 8,901 reviews matching the search See all 9,037 reviews
Metrics Metrics Metrics
Total Loss Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2019
If you're a robot, this job is absolutely for you. Can't be late even though they plopped their business in one of the busiest places in Atlanta. Just really not a great place for someone who is looking to make more of their self. I think it's perfect for if you're in your 40s and just need a good stable job to retire on. But if you are young, full of ideas, and want to go places. Don't do it.
Productive workplace
associate (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 9, 2019
Great place to work ,great pay,equal opportunity I love how the job has ways to advance in the company very structured.I loved the job I have no complaints at all .
good place to work, good benefits
Workforce Management Scheduler/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 9, 2019
My experience was, if you're willing to relocate every few years you could have a very long career at State Farm. They are continually reevaluating their office locations and work distribution between the offices; your location and/or job function has to be flexible for longevity. Management was fair and evaluations and raises were consistent. Their benefits were pretty good, but nothing you really can't find at other employers. Their pay scale is definitely below the market.
Pros
I always had a good experience with the annual evaluation process, I thought it was fair and always netted a raise.
Cons
Reevaluation and relocation every few years is stressful. Savings & Thrift max match is $800/year.
Amazing company culture and commitment to the insured
Innovation Intern (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 9, 2019
There is a culture at State Farm that promotes collaboration throughout the entire enterprise with the goal of providing the insured with the best possible product and experience. I was often approached by employees of multiple levels of the ladder when they recognized a new face in the building. I felt very welcome and learned a great deal during my time with State Farm
Pros
Relaxed work environment, Young culture, learning evironment
Cons
Central Illinois location
Enterprise focused
Auto underwriting assistant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 9, 2019
State Farm used to care about employees & customers. Now it’s all about the customers, numbers, & money. Underwriting employees have to earn their time off each pay period & submit time off requests for holidays and non-holidays up to a year in advance. The location in Lincoln, NE holds almost no developmental opportunities unless you are willing to move to IL, TX, AZ, or GA. Annual “bonuses” are based off of the company’s performance instead of the employee’s own merit. The training has become numbers focused, meaning how many items can be processed per hour, instead of balancing with quality. Items are processed wrong so much so that people are leaving the company over it. All locations have to conform to the way the Enterprise does things regardless of the dynamics of individuals and locations.
Pros
Healthcare and wellness benefits
Cons
Salary, Pto, time off request procedures
Personal opinion
Senior Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 9, 2019
I worked her for many years (almost 31). It was a stressful environment but for many years a very fair company. Most of my co-workers were long time employees also until the company decided to centralize and in order to keep our jobs we had to relocate
Pros
the people I work with
Cons
in order to keep your job we had to relocate
Loved my time at State Farm
Counsel and assist employee's (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHJanuary 9, 2019
As a State Farm employee I felt like one of the family. Most all of my interactions with colleagues was very pleasant. I loved working at State Farm.
Productive job with great people
CLAIM ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 9, 2019
the people are amazing, the stress can be a bit much. The department that I was in i would send out paperwork for totaled vehicles, repetitive work but it can be fun.
Pros
great people
Cons
company made bad decisions, lots of people left
Great company to work for
Office Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 9, 2019
My time there was limited part-time, mostly office and clerical work, great starter position for insurance. Learned many skills to enhance myself for future positions.
Jumping Off
Office Manager and Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJanuary 9, 2019
Good place to learn ins and outs of daily office politics.
Pushed to bend and break rules.p state insurance guidelines
Company treats clients poorly
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Low commissions and pay
I would rather not
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALJanuary 8, 2019
I would rather not write a review for fear of identification. This could be detrimental if I do not find another job, or if I choose not to take another job.
Once your in claims that is where you stay.
Bodily Injury Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 8, 2019
I have been a bodily injury claims specialist for almost two years. I have been prevented from putting in for other positions. The only positions to move to are lateral positions or management. Currently I'm not to move into another lateral position, due to business needs. If you fine with just working in claims, then State Farm is good for you. However, I wanted to have the opportunity to change positions and cannot.
Poor management, claim quota
Medical Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 8, 2019
The executives were completely disconnected from what was needed to be done. What was once a customer service focused environment became essentially a factory. Overworked and underpaid staff, management who only wanted to look good in front of higher up executives, and the training was abyssal. Time clock system that gives points so management can fire you for no reason.
Pros
Decent pay after you prove yourself
Cons
Very poor management
not a favorable work environment
Producer (Former Employee) –  NJJanuary 8, 2019
I would not go back. Too much negative energy from both leadership and employees. lots of arguing and disputing over numbers. who stole whose customer.. major micro management. no one seems happy.
Pros
closed week ends
Cons
no healthcare
Confusion as to who was the boss, Boss changed policies to often
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clinton Twp, MIJanuary 8, 2019
Particular office didn't provide proper day to day training. Wanted me to post payments, with saved credit card info, I wouldn't save credit card info
SF Experience
BUSINESS ANALYST/ORG DEVELOPMENT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 8, 2019
Please see ratings listed within. My 10 years of experience with State Farm was a pleasant experience. I would have stayed with the company had I been given a chance to advance within the company.
Poor Work Culture and Management.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 8, 2019
I worked there many years, always trying to make changes for the better and never realizing my hopes. In fact, it consistently got worse. More top-heavy, more controls, less interest in the actual business, more fear and domination from upper management, fewer incentives. Autocratic and bureaucratic leadership structure destroys the "SME", ie, value add employee, leaving an empty house of cards ready to cave in on itself. No core value left, nothing but an empty brand name for inane commercials.
No room for growth
Loan Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 8, 2019
Horrible company, don't recommend it. Working for state farm, there was no room for growth and when there was, you needed a degree which was ridiculous and you are super micromanaged
State Farm
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAJanuary 7, 2019
A typical day at work consisted of cold calling customers to find new clients. Also, servicing current clients books, accounts, and handling the proper coverages that they want. Educating about life, renters, home owners and auto insurance was the key point.
Productive and fun to work there.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 7, 2019
I’ve learned a lot and crossed train on different lines of insurance. I opened and closed the office. I loved the regular clients I see every month. Specifically in that agency, we always “learned something new every day” and applied it to our daily tasks.

53.3K
42.6K
31.9K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company.

Powered by Comparably