State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Found 8,112 reviews matching the search See all 8,226 reviews
Stressful but rewarding
Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 6, 2018
Needs a better environment. Very much a 'who you know' company. Discouraging and demoralizing. Work was good, interesting. Angry people on the wrong end of a claim we're always fun.
Large company struggling to innovate past self imposed constraints
Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2018
State Farm has a long history of being very sound financially and maintaining a vast reserve to handle extremely large catastrophic events in the insurance industry. Technology development and adoption were neglected many years, and are now a foremost concern. The major constraints that this company faces are contractual limitations imposed by the independent contractor agents and the several and varied legal and risk concerns due to the large exposure and state to state discrepancies.
Pros
financial sound
Cons
unable to embrace emerging technology and shifting customer purchasing preferences
Fun company to work at
Auto Damage Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 6, 2018
My time at State Farm was enjoyable. I had many great co-workers. State farm was a great place to work for. State of the at equipment. Highest labor rate in he industry. A great place to work for.
Pros
Compensation and benefits were wonderful
Productive fast paste environment
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CASeptember 6, 2018
Absolutely loved the team, everyone was extremely hard workers and met their goals on a daily basis . We worked as a team and always supported one another.
Productive and fun work place
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Kearney NebraskaSeptember 6, 2018
Loved the day to day interaction with customers. The insurance industry changes daily, so learned something new everyday. Loved solving problems and coming up with solutions.
Low Pay
Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CASeptember 5, 2018
Customers are constantly upset about rates going up and everyone else in the industry is cheaper so it's hard to compete. Even if you crush it on your sales calls you walk away with peanuts for commission and a very low base pay. Great for entry-level recent grads.
Fast-paced and rewarding workplace
INSIDE AUTO CLAIMS ADJUSTER (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 5, 2018
Fast paced and rewarding workplace. Long hours. I would recommend State Farm to someone looking to get into the insurance field. They are a reputable and solid company.
Hard people to please
Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 5, 2018
Be wary of thinking you can move up in the company if you work hard. If you are a knowledgeable claim handler with good customer focus, your manager might consider you an okay employee, but if you don't meet metrics, you will never be considered a high performing employee and you will sooner or later be pushed towards the door.

Please do not underestimate how draining it is to take high stress calls over a full shift in Auto ILR. I got headaches constantly from all the talking, with very limited breathers. There are accident scenes, people who are upset with the process, people who cannot describe an accident to save their life, etc. Management is not responsive to complaints that employees may bring up in regards to sustainability.

Also, this job will show you just how terrible phone reception is in America. The number of people who just sounded like garbled messes made it hard to do my job. Also doesn't help that our own software for taking claims loved to crash in all kinds of ways.
Pros
Coworkers were good people
Cons
Metrics, monitored bathroom breaks, many, many others
Great place to start if you are interested in a career in Insurance
CLAIMS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 5, 2018
The company was a great place to work. Advancing to a higher position was harder to do without getting Insurance Certifications. The facility at worked at is closing, or has already closed since I've left.
Great
UNDERWRITING SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company.. great hours as well as benefits. Management was awesome! Unfortunately, I had to relocate which is the only reason I resigned in my position.
Depending on the department and manager you work for, it is a good company to work for.
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2018
Managers make a lot of difference to your work/life balance. Growth is not very easy. Not many wfh options for people who can’t commute everyday. Benefits could be better.
n/a
Bank Function Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 5, 2018
I do not have an opinion that i would like to share. I am only completing this section because I cannot finish the review without completing this particular section.
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 5, 2018
Take a minute to review State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company.

About your reviews:•NEVER included with your job applications
•Posted anonymously on Indeed
Poor Management
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 5, 2018
Inactive agent. Never motivated team members.
Gave and took bonuses as he wanted with no warnings.
Breaks were only allowed if permitted.
Pay was constant late.
No room to grow.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
constant presure
Good ot work
Senior SharePoint Developer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 5, 2018
Happy working with State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company. I learnt multiple things working with State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and it help me in growing in my carrier
Statefarm has gone downhill
Escalation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 5, 2018
The job contradicts itself with every phone call you take. We were told to be personable with customers and that handle time did not matter. But, when you become personable and more conversational it does make for a long call. The two do not go hand and hand. We are just numbers and it really doesn't matter if you do your job right as long as you meet metrics. So much for first call resolution. Paid time off is ridiculous. You accrue your vacay time, sick time, and pto per paycheck. It use to be you would get 10 days and still accrue additional time. Finally, to add the icing on the cake I worked in an Operations Center in which they decided to close so that they can focus on building up our other facilities in Dallas, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Bloomington.
Pros
great people feels like family
Cons
micro management, no work life balance
Good for entry level
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 5, 2018
If you are just getting into sales and looking to make little money with nothing amazing in commissions to get a feel for insurance sales State Farm is the place for you.
Pros
Hours
It was a very laid back and non-stressful environmen
Mutual Response Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 4, 2018
My daily routine involved answering phone calls for clients that had Mutual Funds with State Farm Insurance Company, and making sure that before the call was over all of the clients needs were met.
ok place to work
CLAIMS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 4, 2018
This was a pretty good place to work most of the time. Work/life balance can be difficult at times and sometimes overtime is mandatory in order to meet needs.
Not what was expected
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 4, 2018
My typical day was supposed to be outside marketing, however we had someone leave; and I got pulled into a service role without growth opportunity. The hardest part of the job was not being able to trust what this particular manager said. The best part was helping people

53.1K
42.4K
31.7K

See reviews about

Diversity score

63out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company.

Powered by Comparably