State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Found 8,538 reviews matching the search See all 8,666 reviews
Boring job, with no fufillment
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2018
Everyday was spent cold calling people who did not want to be contacted, you were constantly yelled at by clients for calling and management for not calling more.
work for an owner agent not the company
CSR/Sales Agent LSA (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 6, 2018
you work for an owner agent, small business not state farm the company. every job and office is a little different but still it working for a small business.
Pros
great if you want to be an owner agent
Cons
no advancement
Horrible experience
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Aransas Pass, TXNovember 5, 2018
Horrible experience for more than 10 years. At least I didn't kill myself. Poor management made it as hard to pay claims and take care of policy holders. They give you so much busy work to distract from writing a complete estimate and helping people that have been hit by Hurricanes. Several managers had SF Trainers assigned to follow me on inspections and tell me not to pay for storm damaged because the policy holders are probably not going to renew.
Pros
Cons
everything
stressful and demand for high productivity
Agent Aspirant (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSNovember 5, 2018
stay away, your expexted to drum up business from no where if needs be. No training is giving as to what the agent wants. in fact, most agents you never even see them
Loved working at State Farm
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  MONovember 5, 2018
It was the best job I've ever had. Fire Claims Proximity and Auto Estimatics are the best departments to work. Great salary, with annual incentive bonus.
Pros
Great salary for the work. Great benefits package and Pension Plan.
Cons
No room for advancement.
Not the same as it used to be
Event Planner (Former Employee) –  DuPont, WANovember 5, 2018
Many structural and leadership changes have resulted in a different company culture than it used to have. Company no longer takes care of it's employees, or it's customers.
Employment is better in cities with office hubs.
Claim Processor - Total Loss (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 5, 2018
In the past this was a top notch company to work for, most recently the culture has changed. Company seems to be more about the bottom line than about employees. They have great benefits if live where main office hubs are.
Hostile work environment
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, North CarolinaNovember 5, 2018
My review of this office was stressful because there was poor on-the-job training, hardest part of the job was dealing with a lot of angry customers. There was no happiness in that office.
Pros
None.
Cons
Small office environment, poor job training, customers very hateful and angry.
Friendly Team
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CANovember 5, 2018
My favorite part about my current job at State Farm Insurance is that I get to build lasting relationships with clients and team members. Each day is a new learning opportunity.
nice people, great friendly environment, low salary:(
Computer assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILNovember 5, 2018
great people, and customer service but low salary:(I would stay but not for this income. Overall great management, friendly, helping a lot , answers all my questions and consideration.
A great experience
Bank Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLNovember 5, 2018
When i worked there i worked part time and loved it! I ended up learning a lot about car insurance and banking as well. Which helped me when I got my first car. There's always something new to learn there.
Pros
bonuses and commission
Cons
I don't speak ill on any manager
StateFarm is a great company that i enjoyed working for.
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 5, 2018
State Farm is a great company to work for and there are so many opportunities for advancement with State Farm you just have to learn as
much as you can to make yourself more marketable with the company.
Pros
nice place to work, friendly people, decent pay, advancement opportunities, very casual attire
Cons
They work on a point system which was not so great when you are tardy or absent, because when you reach 20 you are terminated
Overall satisfactory place to work.
Claims Associate II - Express (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 5, 2018
Overall great company and great people, I enjoyed working here but my office was closed permanently and the new office location was too far for me to commute daily.
Very stressful and underpaid
Account Manager (Agent Intern) (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 5, 2018
Commission structure is misleading, you make pennies off it and basically have to survive off your base pay. Sales goals are through the roof, rarely anyone hits them, so as result you are not getting your bonuses
Pros
work hours
Cons
low pay, no benefits, low commissions, unrealistic sales goals
Company in upheaval
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 5, 2018
State Farm is undertaking dramatic changes and reducing its workforce. These changes took its entire workforce by surprise due to lack of communication from the CEO. It will take the company some time to rebuild employee relations and reestablish culture. Work/life balance allowed varies by location and department - experience can be positive or extremely negative.
Inclusive and Collaborative Place to work at.
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNNovember 5, 2018
It is a great place to learn and develop your skills. Team mates are caring and willing to help. It is like joining your second family.
Great place to work at!!
Family oriented
Secretary II / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 5, 2018
During my career State Farm was a Family oriented company. My fellow employees/peers that I worked directly with were like an extension of my family. We all worked together to get whatever needed to be done completed timely.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Leaving was not something I would have chosen.
Good management and work life balance
Agent Team Member (Current Employee) –  Camden, SCNovember 5, 2018
Pay is not large enough for the responsibilities that come along with the position of being a State Farm Team Member. Management is friendly and laid back.
Pros
work/life balance, friendly co workers
Cons
compensation
Enjoyed the co-workers there
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 5, 2018
Working there now has changed considerably since I have worked there. Working there at first felt like family but that is no longer the case. The main objective is all about the bottom dollar.
Pros
Helping people in their time of need
Cons
No good perks for the employees
Competitive, for older people.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 4, 2018
Honestly, as a person in their 20s, I don't recommend working for State Farm at all. Almost all of the "agents" and sales leaders are women facing mid life crisis issues and menopause. Cranky old ladies that treat each other like a high school drama film. Customers are of the worst type, very entitled and seem to want everything in life free. Pay is alright, commission is alright, much better alternatives out there.

53.2K

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight