State Industrial Products
58Below average
2.5

State Industrial Products Employee Reviews

United States23 reviews
Descent job with good pay and benefits. I experienced harassment from my manager which is why I left. Other then that some job expectations were out of reach such as 3 new accounts a month. Over all easy job
State is a place where if you want to sit back and collect a paycheck you will be very uncomfortable. However, when you are up for the task and raise your had, State welcomes your passion to be challenged. I have been afforded more opportunities than I would have imagined just from raising my hand for a position that was outside of my overall qualifications. What I appreciate most about State is the "Work Hard. Play Hard" mentality. The work is challenging, but we all have a lot of fun while doing it. On top of that everyone is extremely accessible; if you are stuck with questions each person is willing to help. Overall, I am blessed to work at State Industrial Products, and l look forward to many years to come!
great entry level job for college graduate.
easy to learn products and great resources at your disposal.

but management needs update and also new blood to update corporate culture within the company
my Manager was good. The vp of sales doesn’t know how to connect with employees. Pay scale is really low and could barely get my bills paid as I waited all quarter for a commission check. The CRM system that they just redid is so bad. Barely works when you need it to.
At states they make you lift anywhere from 60-140lbs on a constant basis with no team lift involved. Ended up getting hurt and they fired me for me even though I had doctors notes for it. Wouldn’t recommend to anyone
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Biggest scam company I’ve ever worked for! Pay for what the want from you is absolutely ridiculous and as an outside sales rep, with the very little expense support for gas and wear and tear on your car......it will end up costing you money to work there! Run
You have your work for the week outlined for you. You will want to be mechanically inclined since you are basically on an assembly line. The machines are old, so you will have to watch as everything pretty regularly shakes out of place.
State Chemical is a good place to gain some sales experience to build your resume. The pay wasn’t great and there always seemed to be an excuse as to why I didn’t receive my commissions. My local manager was pretty good, but the ownership was only interested in how much he was making. Like I said, great to gain entry level experience, but don’t plan on making a career there.
It was a good opportunity to get entry level experience. Salary was fine, benefits were very expensive. Management tends to give conflicting feedback. Communication needs improvement. Most days were high stress. IMO very poor employee appreciation. Personally would not recommend for anyone other than entry level fresh from undergrad. More complaints, but prefer to retain anonymity.
Pros
Good entry level experience
Cons
Management, benefits
I was brought on through a temp service in 2018. I was subject to a drug screen and backgound check beforei could even be brought in as a temp. Once i was cleared to come in for a job i worked hard. I was always on time never missed a day. The team i worked withwas terrible at communicating, or really being a team at all. When a packer had a "miss pick" and would try to tell a picker like " hey i need this, it not on my pallet", you got nothing but attitude and told to go pick it yourself. When trying to correct someone's mistake they would yell at you for doing it correctly and try to go tell on you. Leadership and supervision sucks. Thiscompany does not care for their employees what so ever. I worked my 500 hours as a temp, was told daily they we're starting the hiring process. Then one day came to me out off no where to tell me i had to leave the premises immediately due to my back ground ( i have nothing but low misdemeanors over 6 years old) that's it!!!!! Even though i passed the check 4 months ago.... I did not pass this time. When i asked what it was on my record i was given no answer. When asked if they searched my name right because i am a second, named after my father whom does have other charges, just to be sure they only got my back ground i was told to leave. Poor management.... Terrible team work.... Everyone there acts like your enemy who is trying to be your friend... And the gossip and miss treatment... If you want a job like high school with lies and gossip please feel free to proceed with you application process. THERE ARE MUCH BETTER JOBS OUT THERE THAT - more...
Pros
They pay you ( so do other jobs though)
Cons
Everything about this place sucks
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at State Industrial Products?
Close knit group worked in the R&D department. Helped learning how to create different types of industrial cleaning products. Salary was slightly comparable to the surrounding company’s with comparable positions.
I'll be blunt, they let me go in a bad way, but I still have much respect for the company. The managers are always there to help, and you have to work a bit for it, but corporate is there to help you too.
Limited advancement, culture is poison, small company that tries to act like a large company, you get lost in the shuffle, tremendous amount of gossip and backstabbing - no real future here - there are a lot better places you could work.
Pros
freedom
Cons
lack of support, gossip, leadership
good job, flexible, decent pay. I was able to make my own schedule and follow it. If you need time off it is easy to work around it. My manager was also great
Pros
flexible
Cons
expensive products
I was employed for 3 months and did a great job.was trained by another sales rep. sales director is worst I have ever encountered with hostile coaching and zero training. stay clear away because you will be the next victim.
Pros
Good people except sales director who is a loose cannon
Cons
Lied about position
The days went by very fast and there was a lot of variety to the job. It paid very well and the benefits were good. My co-workers were very nice it was a pleasure working with them
Pros
Helping people
Cons
management was confrontational
Here is where you have to talk to one of the many former employee's of State Industrial to find out how bad this place really is. The upper management is what really causes me to write a review like this one. I won't be able to put into words how awful State is. Just find someone that used to work for them, as there are plenty of people who have left, and ask them how State is. Especially if you have someone interested in working in IT.
Pros
Discount on Cleaning Supplies they sell
Cons
Horrible work atmosphere
Beware! This company cannot be trusted. The salary that they offer you is a lie. They will literally ignore the offer letter that they sent you.
This happened to multiple employees that I know.
The one thing I loved about this company is the CEO's dedication to making a difference, and being involved with making kids dreams come true. They hold many fundraisers to make a difference in at least one child's live a year - making dreams come true.
Called on, trained and sold chemicals to clients, new and existing. Make orders and sent to corporate. Set up new accounts for private, local, state, and Federal government.
Pros
out side sales
Cons
pay
Way too much pressure for an entry level outside sales rep especially for what they pay. Immediate manager was great but anyone above that was terrible.
Pros
Cons
Lackluster pay, terrible leadership, no marketing for brand recognition.