State Industrial Products Employee Reviews

Poor teamwork
Distribution team lead (Former Employee) –  Hebron ohioApril 3, 2019
I was brought on through a temp service in 2018. I was subject to a drug screen and backgound check beforei could even be brought in as a temp. Once i was cleared to come in for a job i worked hard. I was always on time never missed a day. The team i worked withwas terrible at communicating, or really being a team at all. When a packer had a "miss pick" and would try to tell a picker like " hey i need this, it not on my pallet", you got nothing but attitude and told to go pick it yourself. When trying to correct someone's mistake they would yell at you for doing it correctly and try to go tell on you. Leadership and supervision sucks. Thiscompany does not care for their employees what so ever. I worked my 500 hours as a temp, was told daily they we're starting the hiring process. Then one day came to me out off no where to tell me i had to leave the premises immediately due to my back ground ( i have nothing but low misdemeanors over 6 years old) that's it!!!!! Even though i passed the check 4 months ago.... I did not pass this time. When i asked what it was on my record i was given no answer. When asked if they searched my name right because i am a second, named after my father whom does have other charges, just to be sure they only got my back ground i was told to leave. Poor management.... Terrible team work.... Everyone there acts like your enemy who is trying to be your friend... And the gossip and miss treatment... If you want a job like high school with lies and gossip please feel free to proceed with you application process. THERE ARE MUCH BETTER JOBS OUT THERE THAT  more... APPRECIATE YOU DO NOT SETTLE FOR LESS!!!!!!  less
Pros
They pay you ( so do other jobs though)
Cons
Everything about this place sucks
overall good company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  PANovember 6, 2018
I'll be blunt, they let me go in a bad way, but I still have much respect for the company. The managers are always there to help, and you have to work a bit for it, but corporate is there to help you too.
Beware of Leadership
manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 13, 2018
Limited advancement, culture is poison, small company that tries to act like a large company, you get lost in the shuffle, tremendous amount of gossip and backstabbing - no real future here - there are a lot better places you could work.
Pros
freedom
Cons
lack of support, gossip, leadership
account manager
Rhode Island (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandAugust 16, 2018
good job, flexible, decent pay. I was able to make my own schedule and follow it. If you need time off it is easy to work around it. My manager was also great
Pros
flexible
Cons
expensive products
Horrific sales manager
District sales managers (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 2, 2018
I was employed for 3 months and did a great job.was trained by another sales rep. sales director is worst I have ever encountered with hostile coaching and zero training. stay clear away because you will be the next victim.
Pros
Good people except sales director who is a loose cannon
Cons
Lied about position
Sales service in a medium volume call center
Sales Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 20, 2018
The days went by very fast and there was a lot of variety to the job. It paid very well and the benefits were good. My co-workers were very nice it was a pleasure working with them
Pros
Helping people
Cons
management was confrontational
Just horrible
SAP SD Functional Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 21, 2018
Here is where you have to talk to one of the many former employee's of State Industrial to find out how bad this place really is. The upper management is what really causes me to write a review like this one. I won't be able to put into words how awful State is. Just find someone that used to work for them, as there are plenty of people who have left, and ask them how State is. Especially if you have someone interested in working in IT.
Pros
Discount on Cleaning Supplies they sell
Cons
Horrible work atmosphere
Terrible managment
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 4, 2018
Beware! This company cannot be trusted. The salary that they offer you is a lie. They will literally ignore the offer letter that they sent you.
This happened to multiple employees that I know.
Raising Money for Good Causes
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 18, 2017
The one thing I loved about this company is the CEO's dedication to making a difference, and being involved with making kids dreams come true. They hold many fundraisers to make a difference in at least one child's live a year - making dreams come true.
Sold chemical
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 8, 2017
Called on, trained and sold chemicals to clients, new and existing. Make orders and sent to corporate. Set up new accounts for private, local, state, and Federal government.
Pros
out side sales
Cons
pay
Cool products, good industry, horrible leadership.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 1, 2017
Way too much pressure for an entry level outside sales rep especially for what they pay. Immediate manager was great but anyone above that was terrible.
Pros
Cons
Lackluster pay, terrible leadership, no marketing for brand recognition.
Excellent opportunities available
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 4, 2017
My experience there was during a very different job culture. I enjoyed working for State right up until someone decided to give my territory, that I had built up to higher revenue to someone else. My experience was if you are male and whine long enough to the right person you get what you want. Remember this was 20+ years ago.
Pros
Excellent opportuniy, compensation, benefits.
Cons
Your hard work can be ripped away
Collaborative & Fun Environment
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHApril 18, 2017
Relaxed environment and opportunity to work collaboratively with other departments. Management is willing to hear your suggestions for the betterment of the organization.
Pros
Variety of activities
Cons
Locked into role

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State Industrial Products. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6