State Street Employee Reviews

Found 1,764 reviews matching the search See all 2,161 reviews
Good for internship
Pricing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 18, 2019
It’s a good place for internship. Then when they see you are more professional, they still keeping you as a part time employee because they don’t wannna pay or give benefits. Payment is 15$/hour
Great team and department within the Organization.
KYC Analyst (State Street Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 17, 2019
State Street was a great opportunity for me to pick right back up with my career. After I completed Graduate School- management took notice of my work ethic. I was very fortunate to land a role in a great department. Unfortunately, State Street is known for it's frequent job cuts.
A lot of different opportunities if you pursue them.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 14, 2019
Provides and environment where you can gain different experiences and skills by managing your own career and active networking. Training is available but is mostly self driven.
Interesting working time
Pricing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJanuary 11, 2019
Since my job was basically after the market closes, I started to work from 11:30 until 7:30, which was quite different from other work. My manager was very nice, and I like how the company was working as teams.
Cons
Working time is very different
Very Slow Paced and Boring
ACCOUNT AND PRICING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 11, 2019
Was not a fan, did not have very much to do, everyone worked from home and was not willing to help..manager was nice but did not provide any feedback to employees
poor
Associate (Former Employee) –  DublinJanuary 11, 2019
repetitive with slow growth and lack of investment in employee development. there was little challenging work and very little emphasis on using initive
Pros
good location
Cons
pay, lack of ambition within culture
Typical Work Day
Senior Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJanuary 10, 2019
Over the years it has been a great pleasure working with the people in my group. The Team I was on worked together in day to day activities and helped each other when individuals needed assistance. The day to day work varied depending on coverage when employees were out of during certain days of the month. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to problem solve and create new procedures to make tasks more efficient.
Pros
Working from Home
Cons
Short Lunch Breaks
Good workplace but limited collaboration
FIANANCIAL REPORTING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 9, 2019
Good people in a very large company. There are many different areas to advance but there isn't much room for collaboration with others on tasks in meaningful ways that make stronger connections between co-workers.
diverse
Associate 1 (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 9, 2019
working at State Street it's almost like a routine but it's not. I was able to help another team and gain knowledge on something I do outside of my work. The workplace is very diverse.
Positive Work Environment
Global Service Operations Specialist, Associate 2 (Former Employee) –  North Quincy, MAJanuary 8, 2019
I learned a lot about reconciliations and risk being part of the team that I was in. My team was very supportive willing to jump in and help me understand parts that I was having trouble with.
Fun yet productive
Senior Assoc. -Market Data Services (Ref Data) (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAJanuary 8, 2019
It’s a great play to work. The changing work environment makes the job exciting. The benefits out weigh the compensation. Although the flex time, remote working, vacation time and parental/maternity are amongst the nest in the industry, the compensation is not with industry standards.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Short breaks and compensation
great compnay to work for
Shareholder Services Associate I (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJanuary 7, 2019
I worked for 2 years it was great experienced
Fun Place to work with. Coordinating people and provides good knowledge for new joinersy. The work culture was task oriented. On the job training and self-initiated training was
Pros
You can learn a lot if you take the opportunity
Experience with State Street.
Senior Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 7, 2019
It was the best experience I have had in my total work experience of 8 years.. Work culture is really good and the team was supportive.
Work life balance was excellent with state street.
Great work place
Analytical Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 7, 2019
Working at State Street Corporation was a great experience, the environment is good, but the cultural aspect wasn't great, people aren't that friendly.
Was loyal and worked there for almost 8 years.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 4, 2019
Great company, no regrets. Working with the CAO of State Street and then supporting the Board of Directors, was wonderful. Moved on to SSGA , was there for almost 4 years, many changes under new management, again, no regrets.
Quantitative Analyst at State Street
Quantitative Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 4, 2019
State Street Corporation's work is made tough as it is a large organization comprised of different interacting units; that said State Street does a pretty good job of having these different areas communicate and work together effectively. The compensation, however, was not there.
Great opportunity for interns
Information Security Intern (Former Employee) –  North Quincy, MAJanuary 4, 2019
In information security it was a great work experience for me.

I've learned a wide variety of tools and the work in Information security that I wasnt taught in my internship prior so note taking is important.

Daily work had to be done on time and on schedule which would probably be the hardest part of the job but their wasn't difficult tasks

Training must be done before deadlines
Depends on the division
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 3, 2019
Employees at the high profile divisions (SSgA, SSgM) are treated like royalty. Divisions that are more of cost centers, have lower morale and people who do not want to stay for long term.
Pros
Some High Value Position are available
Cons
More of a factory at some divisions
Great people
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJanuary 3, 2019
Great people
Opportunity to learn
Flexible work arrangements
Workload off balance
No job security
Lots of positions being transitioned to low cost areas
Good career starter
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJanuary 2, 2019
Great place to start a career in finance and learn the logistics of banking. Workplace culture can be dull at times and boring. Was not much room for career advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State Street. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at State Street.

Powered by Comparably