State Street Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,565 reviews matching the search See all 1,911 reviews
perfect place for new graduates
Functional Specialist (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 22, 2018
it's a perfect place for new graduates to start their career, benefits are good enough, and people can learn a lot specific knowledge here. it's super cozy
Underpaid and Underappreciated
Officer - Private Equity Fund Services (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 19, 2018
The turnover was so bad that I had 5 different supervisors over the course of a year. It is very hard to get any productive feedback in that kind of environment. As a result, I kept getting passed over for promotions to people who were worse at the job but that had long term supervisors to fight for them in the promotion meetings. That simple fact colors my whole view of this company and I would never recommend it to anyone
Pros
Decent work/life balance
Cons
Pay is not very competitive
contract position
Trade Operation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 19, 2018
Was hired as a contract position, great place to work, employees are easy going and nice. Management value their employees. Overall a great place to work.
Global Head of Learning & Development (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 18, 2018
I worked at State Street in Quincy and Boston for over 20 years. People always asked me why I was still there, the answer was simple - they always afforded me an opportunity to move within the company and to learn. It is a high stress environment but they definitely focus on work-life balance and flexible work arrangements. If you apply yourself and keep motivated, you will be rewarded. The only reason I left was to pursue an entrepreneurial opportunity, something I wanted to do since I was young.
Pros
Flexible Work Arrangements, Pay, Benefits
Cons
Politics, Hi-stress industry
Good culture
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 17, 2018
State Street hires good people. I have found that the people that I've come across have generally been good at heart. It is tough to get pay bumps here and so a lot of people leave for a year or two and come back.
An OK college job
Processing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hadley, MAJuly 17, 2018
Gives you decent experience considering it is a part-time college job, but low pay and company morale made me want to stay away from working there after graduation.
would rather hire external than promote from within
Senior Project Manager/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 17, 2018
unreasonable deadlines
management does not lead by example
no training no career advancement
a lot of off shore work which translates too long hours
very good benefits
nice work environment
Java/J2EE developer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 16, 2018
State street Bank, N.A., is an American national bank that offers services such as commercial and personal banking, online banking services, investment and loans. This application is developed to enhance online banking facility to the customer. Banking application has various modules for account maintenance, and email notification modules.
Fast Paced and Stressful Environment
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 16, 2018
Most employees are undervalued and underpaid. There is a high turnover rate because salary is better elsewhere, so many people leave. Career advancement is difficult due to lack of promotion to higher roles.
Pros
healthcare benefits
Cons
low salary
Office Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 16, 2018
It was an okay job to work at, I worked part time only 5 hours a day.I had a few concerns to where they complaint too much, felt the job that i did wasn't good enough for them. I felt that i was overworked in a short matter of time that i had to be there. But i was happy that i worked there with wonderful co workers and an understanding boss.
Workplace culture
Fund Accountant/Account Controller (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 16, 2018
Great learning experience, and exposure to mutual funds.I worked under the Goldman Sachs group during my time with the company. The compensation that was given was substantial too. Great years!
too long ago
Coordinator/Reference Database (Former Employee) –  North Quincy, MAJuly 15, 2018
It would not to fair to review a company from 15 yrs ago, I worked there for 18 years, but it has been 15 years. Let someone else review this company
Great Entry Level Job
Accounting Specialist - Officer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 15, 2018
Great life balance. However, salary is low and tough for promotions. As someone who works from home it is tough to get the recognition deserved. Also, lots of it is abiout who you know and the department you work in.
Pros
Great work flexibility
Cons
Low Salaries
Unhappy place to be
Operation Specialist, Associate I (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 15, 2018
Jobs are constantly outsourced. Pay and benefits are low. There are a lot of work to do and we are expected to work more than our job description. The teams within StateStreet did not work well together.
rat race defined
Fund Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 13, 2018
cube life only upper management made any sort of income in order to live in Boston. horrible place but a place to start a career I suppose if you're fresh out of college.
poorly managed working place.
Corporate Compliance, Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 12, 2018
There are too many internal meetings.
My team structure is not adequate with the tasks to complete.
My managers are not improving the situation. I can tell that there is no good management or managerial culture in my group. There is no discussion about career path even if the employees deserved an advancement.
Culture is very "male oriented" in my department, despite the attention to diversity at Corporate level. There is no right recognition for the hard work.
It was fun
Migration Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 10, 2018
I worked with good people and was trusted to do the job I was hired to do. I was also paid well and the facilities were very nice. They had snacks at all there sites and the people were nice.
Pros
fun, good team
Cons
Support, diversity and inclusion are part of the culture
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 10, 2018
One of the thing i will never forget about State Street is the commitment to diversity and inclusion. At State Street you feel welcomed, value and supported regardless of your title or grade.

Benefits are comparable and probably better than other companies in the area.

Executive management understands diversity and are committed to its employees ensuring they feel included and valued.

Some folks might say that you work hard and that's why there are so many perks, but when I was there I didn't mind the long hours because I knew it will payoff at the end.
Pros
Employees are value
Cons
Long hours in some departments
Typical Office
Associate (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 10, 2018
Management is competent and reaches out consistently. Open-door style policy is actually adhered to and employees are encouraged to speak up. But many functions are separated so you often need to reach out to several teams before getting answered.
Pros
Cons
Monetary compensation structure
Depending on the Group, It can go well
Operations Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 9, 2018
I was with the company for 10+ years, there was not much room for advancement, I didn't find many open opportunities to develop skills outside of operations. They have great parent leave options and generous vacation time. I appreciated working with a collaborative group.
Pros
They have great parent leave options and generous vacation time.
Cons
Tough to advance and develop skills, political environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State Street. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

4.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight