State and Federal Communications Employee Reviews

Absolutely awful and extremely stressful place to work!
Executive Assistant to the President & CEO (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 12, 2019
This was the most toxic work environment I’ve ever experienced! The work is fine but the President/CEO who is also the owner of the company, berates and humiliates staff on a continual basis. There are no good and bad days with her, only bad!! She definitely has a mental disorder and needs medication!
Good Small Business
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 30, 2019
State and Fed is a great small business to work for. Many great benefits that you don't usually find with small businesses. The employees are great to work with and really know and care about their job. The CEO believes in community involvement. There are opportunities for personal development.
Pros
Benefits, staff, personal developmnet
Cons
Pace at times can be quick, Communications between departments can be a little better.
Beware
Compliance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 20, 2017
There is no human resources at this company for a reason. The owner treats everyone like dirt & upper management are doormats, it's depressing. The work environment was hostile at times and I felt like I put a lot more in than I got out of it. You get very limited pto that is your Vaca and also your sick time.
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
No sick time
Owner makes it miserable
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 24, 2012
On a typical day, you will be bullied, nit-picked and badgered for the smallest mistakes or for no reason at all. Could be a great place to work but the owner won't let anyone succeed. I learned that she (owner) isn't going anywhere, so like the previous 40 people before me over the last few years, I had to finally move on. The lower management is great, co-workers were great, hardest part of the job was the daily brow-beating and spirit killing that went on daily from the top, as if on a mission. Most enjoyable part of the job was my last day.
Pros
free lunches in summer, many luncheons
Cons
bullying by owner
High Turnover
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 7, 2012
Very negative, stressful and toxic environment. Could be a great place to work. Great staff. All problems (serious bullying, nit-picking & intimidation) exist and come from the top.
Cons
owner